Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2017, 05:27 AM   #1

Can't find fresh water tank level

2016 Bounder 33C. Is there any way to check water level without going out and actually looking at the tank itself.
Also, do you need to prime the water system in anyway before turning on the pump, and do you need to allow air to be purged while filling tank.
Thanks for any help.
bepar108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2017, 05:46 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Your fresh tank level will be on the monitor panel along with the grey and black tank levels. press the button and they will light up and show the levels. The pump is self priming. Just turn it on and go. You will most likely need to purge the air out of the lines by turning on each faucet until it stops spitting air,
Old 04-18-2017, 06:03 AM   #3

Mojo's is correct.
Also, no need to purge any air from the water tank. There is an overflow that lets the air out as your are adding water to the tank. The water will trickle out when the tank is full.
You have an Anderson valve in the wet bay. Make sure you read up on that. Don't change the position of the valve while connected to water source that is on. The pressure can/will damage the seals in the valve and not work properly.
Old 04-18-2017, 06:06 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
What the heck is an Anderson valve? Are you talking about the tank fill valve?
Old 04-18-2017, 06:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
What the heck is an Anderson valve? Are you talking about the tank fill valve?
Yes, the multi function valve.

Anderson Valve
Old 04-18-2017, 11:42 AM   #6

Mojo
About the only similarity with the 2016+ water systems and your 2014 is the fact that they both hold water. Everything changed when I went from a 2014 to a 16.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 04:38 AM   #7

Thanks for the replies. I followed those simple directions and still no water pressure. After reading up on this, it turns out that when filling water in the tank the Anderson valve should be in the "tank" position, but what I didn't know is that when finished filling, be sure to turn the valve to "Normal". After having done that part, water, water water.
bepar108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 06:52 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
Mojo
About the only similarity with the 2016+ water systems and your 2014 is the fact that they both hold water. Everything changed when I went from a 2014 to a 16.
Yes, I'm familiar with them. Been a bounder dealer forever and a day. I remember in 16 or maybe it was 15, they went to or should I say went away from having gravity fill. Other than that they are pretty much the same although your valve for tank fill and all is different. I had just never heard it called an Anderson valve.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:05 AM   #9

Mojo, bepar
I'll put this info here as it may dispel any confusion about the water system differences. Starting with 2016 the Bounder water fresh water system changed. There is an Anderson 4 way valve installed in the utility compartment. It controls the functions as cguy has posted in reply #5. On the 2016's there is no separate fresh water tank fill port, on the 2017's they have corrected that and installed one. The hot water bypass is under the sink in a 2016, it was next to the water heater in a basement bay on my 1204. The winterizing valve used to be in a basement compartment on the 2014 it is now done with the Anderson valve. The instructions posted on the utility compartment door on my 16 are for the older system and only serve to confuse the issue. If you have a 2016 the only to get sanitizing agent into the fresh water tank is to fill the fresh water hose with the agent and then fill the fresh water tank. When I was at the service center last year I showed the folks there the incorrect water system decal on the utility compartment and they had nothing on hand to correct the issue, I wonder if the 2017's have the correct instruction decal.

There is a known issue with the 2016 Anderson valves. When mine started filling the fresh water tank while in the city position I called Anderson and they sent me a replacement cartridge kit at no charge to correct the issue.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, tank, water