Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2014, 11:48 PM   #15

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Have you or do you Feed Fido a good brand of dog food? We changed to Nutro Lamb & Rice and her shedding has slowed way down and there pick ups are a lot smaller. Less waste. Spendy but worth the hassle of having to vacuum everyday.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2014, 09:02 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Have you or do you Feed Fido a good brand of dog food? We changed to Nutro Lamb & Rice and her shedding has slowed way down and there pick ups are a lot smaller. Less waste. Spendy but worth the hassle of having to vacuum everyday.
Tim
I think our dog is allergic to almost anything, as he receives shots every 10 days and is on Atypical. Use a medicated shampoo every other week, groomed uses the furmingnator (sp) and it help to remove some hair. Mr Maddox is a recuse dog we have had for 9 years. I can assure you we have done probably everything possible to relieve excess hair lost. We use Nature Balance lamb and brown rice. No treat from the shelves to many additives, as soy or soyoil is one of the items he is allergic to. His treats are carrots, meds are given with mini marshmallows, those are tolerated well. Appreciate the suggestion with the food, but as you can see we have that covered also.

I swear you can just sit and watch this mutt and hair will jump off him. He is special to us, and we have and will do anything to help his issues. Our vet is great to work with also. High maintenance for sure.
olddog49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 10:15 AM   #17

We have a Dirt Devel in the basement. Works great BUT that sucker is loud. I would think twice about using it after "quiet time". Not sure if the loud motor is normal or not. Works great!

RM
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 12:31 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

We like ours - it's an Intervac. The hose is flexible and very stretchy and the floor brush/head works well..
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:09 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchero View Post
We have a Dirt Devel in the basement. Works great BUT that sucker is loud. I would think twice about using it after "quiet time". Not sure if the loud motor is normal or not. Works great!

RM
Hmmm, we've had two Dirt Devil vac's, really not to noisy but the motor is in the basement. Maybe insulate around it? Check to see if the cap is locked and seated correctly. Thought mine was broken because of low suction and found the cap was slightly loose. Just a thought?
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:44 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchero View Post

RM
Amen! I had no idea a small little Dirt Devil mounted in the basement could roar like a lion throughout the coach! The DW says it's scary, so I have to do the vacuuming!

I recall having a little Dirt Devil hand vac (I think it was about the same size as this CV950) when they first came out (1960s?) and it was pitifully weak on suction. Not this puppy...gotta be careful with the edges of throw rugs, and small stones fly up the tube.

I haven't changed the cloth filter yet (a #7767 I think), but I've cleaned it out somewhat regularly over the past 18 months. I looked for replacement filters without success at a variety of retailers, so I'll probably pick one up when I visit a Camping World, or maybe online.
Home base now in Kerrville TX
Al n Cindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 09:57 AM   #21

Don't recall where I picked up filters for that DD. I think it was a Home Depot, Lowes or Wally World. Don't think I picked them up at C.W.
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 10:18 PM   #22

I haven't checked Walmart, but they do have them at Camping World, I think they are about $10 for a bag of three.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote