Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2009, 08:29 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Question Cloudy Window Glass

I have two windows in my MH ('06 Excursion) that have turned cloudy. One is the large, passenger side window in the bedroom and the other is the small window above the driver's sliding window. Anyone else had this problem and if so, how did you resolve it?
Teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2009, 09:39 AM   #2

Send a message via ICQ to Pat Z Send a message via AIM to Pat Z Send a message via Yahoo to Pat Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teach View Post
I have two windows in my MH ('06 Excursion) that have turned cloudy. One is the large, passenger side window in the bedroom and the other is the small window above the driver's sliding window. Anyone else had this problem and if so, how did you resolve it?
I have the same issue in my 05 Excursion I contacted Fleetwood and thy told me to take it to a dealer in N Carolina and they would work out a discount. I live in PA so I never folowed up. I have read a lot of posts about this poblem on the Excursion Owners Yahoo group.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:40 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

This is a common problem - moisture gets in between the layers of dual pane glass. Fleetwood used SEGI as a glass supplier for a few years and nearly all their dual pane glass suffered this problem. Neither SEGI nor Fleetwood will replace it once you are out of warranty.

The glass can be repaired by a shop with the right equipment and skills. Otherwise it must be replaced.

If you are in Flroida, one excellent place for repair of fogged glass is Suncoast Designers, Inc. They are located at 15050 Labor Place; Hudson, FL 34667; Phone 727 868 2773; Fax 727 862 4732;
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:22 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
I would think you could order a replacement double-pane glass from Fleetwood ($100-200) and have a local auto glass shop install it. Some auto-glass stores do most of their repairs at your location. The auto glass shop might even order it and install it. Elite auto-glass is good.
Always-RVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:09 PM   #5

I just replaced my passenger side front window on my 04 Pace Arrow. I ordered it from fleetwood and installed it myself. Cost plus freight,$395.00
Glass shop wanted $750.
Richardc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:48 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Nice job :-)
Always-RVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:47 PM   #7

Fleetwood replaced my door glass and the little window above drivers slider, which the whole window frame and all had to be replaced under war.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:12 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I recently had a fog up on my 06 allegro bay, which i just purchased. I called tiffin and they told me since it was less than three years old, theywould replace the window. They shipped the window to my local tiffin dealer and they replaced it for labor only.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:30 AM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have the same problem with the front stationary window on the driver's side. I contacted Fleetwood and with the shipping and handling, they wanted just short of $500. I have a local glass shop coming out on Monday and I bet they will beat that price.