Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2013, 08:26 AM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Co-Pilot Floor Pet Window Installed?

Anybody know how hard or if possible I could have one of these windows installed in the same location on my MH?

Maybe not even this big one pictured, maybe a smaller one?

It's the pet window at the Co-Pilot's feet.

I have seen these on the Thor Motorhomes and it looks like so much fun for the pups.

Would it be cost prohibitive? Ideas?

Thanks!

2013 ACE Motorhomes: Class A & Class C Hybrid RV by Thor Motor Coach
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2013, 08:32 AM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Should not be a big deal. but that window is accually for the driver to look across and out to check his blind spot for small cars and motrocycles before changing lanes. Mose trucks have them.
chief02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:42 AM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief02 View Post
Should not be a big deal. but that window is accually for the driver to look across and out to check his blind spot for small cars and motrocycles before changing lanes. Mose trucks have them.
Yes, I have seen them (a lot smaller) on the OTR trucks for years, maybe a smaller window would be easier to install....

Index: 1:26

Old 01-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Tiffin had them on some of the allegro's.
the install would be easy. The only thing you would have to be careful about is a brace in the wall, where you want to install it. You can contact the manuf and determine where the braces are in the wall. a studfinder will also work. My first motorhome was a 1972 Open Road. It had only one storage compartment. Using a studfinder, I installed two access doors and built in storage compartments.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:57 AM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
Tiffin had them on some of the allegro's.
the install would be easy. The only thing you would have to be careful about is a brace in the wall, where you want to install it. You can contact the manuf and determine where the braces are in the wall. a studfinder will also work. My first motorhome was a 1972 Open Road. It had only one storage compartment. Using a studfinder, I installed two access doors and built in storage compartments.
I will email Fleetwood right now. Thanks Ga! So where would I get a window like that or smaller?
Old 01-15-2013, 09:20 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Quote:
The only thing you would have to be careful about is a brace in the wall, where you want to install it..
Whenever the MH is in an area with dew in the morning , I can see every brace. Someday I'm going to take a photo for future use. However contacting FW is a good idea.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:36 AM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yes, Cliff I did see that one morning on this one too, it was weird to me at first, but that's what it was, the high high dewpoint/humidity caused the sweating or non sweating, I think. ALSO: I just realized, that sweating, or non sweating, was the two beams in the Bedroom slide that never did come down with that mold/mildew stuff last year....I now know what those two lines were! (Something new every day! )

I emailed FW and Laura is so responsive and a great CS rep, I'll be able to look and see. I know a great glass guy here that works on RV's all over the metroplex, replacing, installing, etc.

What I need to look at next is the size of the window unit....

There are many other things I should be thinking about besides this.....tow equipment, rear camera, sofa changeout, new flooring, the CHF (but Dave here has that one under control I think) etc.....

But it's a fantastic idea the babies would LOVE to be able to see out without jumping up, especially Susie.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:10 AM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2 View Post
I will email Fleetwood right now. Thanks Ga! So where would I get a window like that or smaller?
I would get in touch with tiffin parts dept. allegro used these for many years. They are the best in the business for parts purchasing. Their number is 256-356-8661
Old 01-16-2013, 11:02 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

I'll be interested in how this turns out. I think those little windows are a good idea for the blind spot, but I hesitate to add another "hole" in the side of the RV.

Cliff--when you say you see every brace, are you talking about the "sectioned" look of the fiberglass? I worried that there is something wrong with our Bounder the first time the light was "just right" and I could see the "sections" in the side of the moho. I have to assume it's much more pronounced with the full-body paint?
Old 01-16-2013, 12:34 PM   #10

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
I would get in touch with tiffin parts dept. allegro used these for many years. They are the best in the business for parts purchasing. Their number is 256-356-8661
I have an email and phone call in to Tiffin. I also am waiting on Fleetwood with the build schematics of that area. Fleetwood is very good about having the plans of my motor home, they have had each detail on my coach I have asked for so far.

I am getting kind of excited because this shouldn't be that big of a job.

fingers crossed.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:36 PM   #11

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hey Ga Traveler....what kind of brace would have to be installed if one is needed? Sure would be nice if the window fit perfectly between two studs....HA! I know better than that.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #12

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
I'll be interested in how this turns out. I think those little windows are a good idea for the blind spot, but I hesitate to add another "hole" in the side of the RV.

Cliff--when you say you see every brace, are you talking about the "sectioned" look of the fiberglass? I worried that there is something wrong with our Bounder the first time the light was "just right" and I could see the "sections" in the side of the moho. I have to assume it's much more pronounced with the full-body paint?
Sarah, he's talking about super (high humidity) wet dew in the mornings. You can actually see where the dew doesn't collect is where the studs are.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #13
Community Administrator

You are correct sir.
It's very dewy here in Seffner Fl. I'll try to post a photo soon.

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:17 AM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2 View Post
Hey Ga Traveler....what kind of brace would have to be installed if one is needed? Sure would be nice if the window fit perfectly between two studs....HA! I know better than that.

Sometimes I am about as clear as mud. I meant not to cut through a brace or stud. (Whichever you prefer to call it.) You will not need to install a brace, as the window has a metal frame that will act as a brace.

Tags
window