Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2011, 08:14 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Connecting Direct TV

I have a 2010 Discovery and am finally getting around to using my satellite dome. I had direct tv installed and 3 of 4 TVs work great. The outside TV does not connect to satellite. I know that one receiver controls the mid-ship and front TV and the bedroom receiver controls the bedroom and outside TV. I am told by the satellite guy that I need a composite HD converter for the outside TV to receive satellite. Anyone have suggestions?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2011, 08:33 PM   #2

It's likely that the outside TV is connected via coax connection only (therefore no HD). If that is the case then you actually need an RCA to RF modulator (DVD to RF, etc.) such as this one. RCA CRF907 - RF modulator#
They are available at Wal-Mart and Radio Shack for a bit more.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:09 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks. I think you are right being connected HD. Direct TV does not offer HD on our KVH system. The Satellite guy thinks the remaining HD plug in the bedroom is for the outside TV.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:17 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
We went to Dish Network for that reason, wanted a dome AND HD programming. The only way to get HD with Direct TV is to use the large folding style dish. The DW and kids insisted on "in motion" capability, so the dome and Dish Network was a requirement for us.

Back to your original issue though... our bedroom TV is on the dual tuner and had a coaxial run, so unlike the front 46" on an HDMI cable, it is not getting HD - but on the 24" screen I can't really tell the difference.
TGMarrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:20 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary1965 View Post
I have a 2010 Discovery and am finally getting around to using my satellite dome. I had direct tv installed and 3 of 4 TVs work great. The outside TV does not connect to satellite. I know that one receiver controls the mid-ship and front TV and the bedroom receiver controls the bedroom and outside TV. I am told by the satellite guy that I need a composite HD converter for the outside TV to receive satellite. Anyone have suggestions?
You can't receive Direct TV HD with a dome.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:25 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Yes, you cannot. That is not my question though. I am just trying to see what I need to do in the bedroom so that I can get satellite on the outside TV.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:20 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

What signal do you get on the outside TV now? And what sort of outputs does the bedroom receiver have? You need some sort of spltter and maybe a converter to match it up.

A call to Fleetwood customer service would likely get some answers.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:30 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gary, thank you. I should see satellite in one of the video inputs, but i get nothing. Calling Fleetwood is a good idea.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:54 PM   #9

My front sat. goes to video control box and can be watched front, back or outside plus I have separate sat. box in bedroom. Do you have a video control box to change your outside input and is your tv on channel 3 or 4.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:22 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
I use the input on each TV to get various connections ie; satellite, DVD etc. The outside TV is connected to the bedroom ports. Just can't seem to figure out how to get the satellite out there. I appreciate all your replies ! We will get this figured out.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:33 AM   #11
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary1965
I use the input on each TV to get various connections ie; satellite, DVD etc. The outside TV is connected to the bedroom ports. Just can't seem to figure out how to get the satellite out there. I appreciate all your replies ! We will get this figured out.
My outside tv worked on coax for cable and antenna. When I installed DTV I had to attach the rca cables to get sat outside.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote