Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2014, 12:22 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Convenience Center

Does anyone know what kind of molding is on the convenience center that sets between the
Driver and passenger seats on the low profile motor cover? It has a ridge on the back of it so you can push it in the slot.
1999 pace arrow Fleetwood.

Thanks Jim
jimdazley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2014, 09:09 AM   #2

Hi Jim. We're the people who also bought a 1999 Pace Arrow recently. Our molding is broken off on one side. I'd be interested in knowing is there's any replacement material available too. We are going to go to Indiana mid-August to the Fleetwood repair center, so maybe they have something that will work. If so, I'll let you know.

Glenn
GLSherod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:24 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks Glen that would great. I've looked all over and can't find it anywhere. Having any other issues with your mh? So far mine is awesome.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:31 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Could you post a picture of what you are looking for?
Old 07-10-2014, 01:37 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
The bed in our MH has the same molding around the plywood edge as does our console. Not sure what is called but it kind of sounds like what you have? Maybe try a google search on "cabinet rubber molding", maybe that will give you clue as to what you need. Also may give Fleetwood a call, they seem to be always very helpful to me.
98FPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 03:01 PM   #6

How about 3/4 x 100 inches plastic T-molding $43.99 on amazon
Old 07-11-2014, 11:08 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Thank you just what the Dr ordered.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:03 AM   #8

Smile IRV moldings site

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdazley View Post
Thanks Glen that would great. I've looked all over and can't find it anywhere. Having any other issues with your mh? So far mine is awesome.
Hi Jim.

I haven't ordered the molding trim for my Pace Arrow console yet, but I did find a site I believe has the right kind and right size. It is the West & Barker Company, and their website is westandbarker.com. It says they make moldings, trims and seals for the RV Industry. I looked at the suggestion for molding from Amazon.com and it wasn't the right size for us.

Our unit has pretty low mileage, just over 51,000 with the additional mileage it took to have it driven here from Arizona. My wife, Karen, actually bought it in an exciting "fight to the death" auction on eBay and it cost just a bit over $16,000, but then we had to pay to have it delivered here. The unit has some issues primarily because the previous owner ripped out the satellite tv system, cutting a bunch of wires in the dash along the way, and took out what was probably a good tv and stuck an old one in it, cut the wires to the electric mirrors, and the wiring that make the seat belts "ding" if you don't have your seat belt on etc. Additionally, the dash air didn't work, neither does the speedometer. We're found and repaired a lot of the wiring issues, and have the dash air problem narrowed down to a switch in a closed housing box that our regular mechanic will work on tomorrow. Right now I'm getting ready to patch a hole I found in the refrigerator vent pipe on the roof. At some point, the previous owner also ripped out the old carpeting, which would be okay except he put down ugly vinyl tile onto the sub-floor and nailed down each corner. With no type of pad or insulation at all, the floor gets very hot when the unit is driven. We're going to do the demolition of that tile and we get to the Fleetwood shop in Decatur, Indiana, we'll have them install new carpet throughout, and tile or laminate in the bathroom. The generator is good, as is the awning, and all other systems, as far as we can tell now. We just had the wiring done at an RV dealer so our Brake Buddy will work when we tow our car. Things we are still in the process of doing is deciding which new color back-up camera and monitor system to put in to replace the original b&w one that's there, and what to do about the ceiling air situation. Our unit is only 31 feet long, with no slide-outs, and it has only one roof air conditioner which we had cleaned and serviced. It cools the back half of the unit okay, but not the front half, and we live in a hot, humid part of the Midwest (St. Louis). We are trying to find out whether to have the one that's there, which is only a 13,000 BTU just replaced with a 15,000 BTU one, or keep it and have a second one installed and attached only to the front half of the ductwork. Except for the cut wire situation in the dash, I think the problems we have are to be expected with a 15 year old unit. We had to get a used one this time since we lost our last motorhome to black mold that got in the walls from an undiscovered window leak. It had to be sold for salvage and we took such a loss on that one that we've had to take the DIY and repair shop approach on this one. But, this motorhome has "good bones", and it should turn out just fine for us. Good luck with your unit. Glenn Sherod
Old 07-14-2014, 10:33 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi Glenn, sounds like you've got everything going on the right path. My mh also had a few problems, only having 22k miles on it scared me a little but all the engine seals seem dry, and the little things I have repaired or have pretty good plans to get done. We are going camping this coming weekend and that's where I'll find out others things I have to do lol. Thanks for sharing info with me it helps, I've don't think I've asked is yours Chevy or ford, mine is a Chevy Gasser.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:02 AM   #10

Hi Jim. We have a Ford Triton V-10 gas engine, so we have plenty of power. Now, we need to get the speedometer fixed because I'm not good at guessing how fast I might be going. LOL Another problem I'm working on is a rotten egg smell when I turn on the hot water faucet. Internet research has turned up a common problem of bacteria building up in the water heater, lines and fresh water tank when a unit is not used much. I've drained the water out, and I'm getting ready to put clorox in some water and put it in, drive the mh slosh the bleach water around, drain and flush, refill etc. to see if that get's rid of the smell. We never drink water straight out of the tank anyway. We take bottled water and use a Brita water pitcher for cooking water and drinking water. We've had motorhomes before, and just like having a house, "there's always something that needs fixin'". Good luck on your first camping trip this weekend. Let us know how you do. Glenn
Old 07-15-2014, 09:27 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi Glenn,

My GPS has the speed right on the display. Good luck with the stinky water. Don't forget depending on where you get your water some sulfur water smells like rotten eggs.

Jim