Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2017, 12:15 AM   #1

Dash air power.

i am working on a 1998 Discovery with a 5.9 cummins. i had warm air blowing from my dash air conditioning. i did a recharge on the system no change. i notice that the condensor cooling fan has no power to it and it would appear the compressor is not working. Where would i find a fuse for the system?
Salmon Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2017, 01:11 AM   #2

Do you know the manufacturers name of your dash A/C unit ?
Is it Evans/Tempcon ?
Is your coach on a Freightliner chassis?
Can you turn the compressor by hand; you don't have to move the drive belt , just the center plate of the clutch.
The Evans system , in the wiring hand book I have , says the power to the compressor clutch , goes through the evaporator thermostat , then through the low pressure switch to the compressor clutch. So with the engine running and A/C selected on the dash control check for power through the low pressure switch.

If Fleetwood used this diagram to set up the A/C wiring then if the dash fan runs , the system fuse is OK, because the clutch is powered from the same fuse.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0231 (640x360).jpg
Views:	347
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	166411  
Old 06-26-2017, 01:36 PM   #3

thanks for the help, have taken the rig to shop so we well see. I well post the results. Oh, yes sorry, it is on a frieghtliner chassis.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:30 PM   #4

the system needed a recharge. the teck evacuated the system, pressured with N2 and soap tested as best he could. no leaks were detected. i had this same problem 50k miles ago so if it lasts that long.........
Old 06-26-2017, 10:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmon Run View Post
. i had this same problem 50k miles ago so if it lasts that long.........
Maybe time for a " note to self ", in maintenance manual, A/C recharge due at +45,000 miles .
Old 06-30-2017, 09:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Do you know the manufacturers name of your dash A/C unit ?
Is it Evans/Tempcon ?
Is your coach on a Freightliner chassis?
Can you turn the compressor by hand; you don't have to move the drive belt , just the center plate of the clutch.
The Evans system , in the wiring hand book I have , says the power to the compressor clutch , goes through the evaporator thermostat , then through the low pressure switch to the compressor clutch. So with the engine running and A/C selected on the dash control check for power through the low pressure switch.

If Fleetwood used this diagram to set up the A/C wiring then if the dash fan runs , the system fuse is OK, because the clutch is powered from the same fuse.
THe OPs HVAC is built by Denso. No vacuum, all electronic servo motors, with a air blend door.

Richard
House Husband is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, dash air, power