Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2016, 08:44 AM   #127

Make sure you set the tuning back to factory and then remove the 5star tune.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2016, 10:00 AM   #128

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
Take a look at this! I doubt they had any chassis modifications done. I was laughing loudly by the end of this one.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...4mQLnxiEA095Jw
okay that was funny
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 03:26 PM   #129

This I guess will be my last update to this post. I am going to try and get rid of this money hungry monster. The factory in Indiana did a few tweaks here and there but could not get it to drive or handle any better. I left being told to keep it under 55. The hot water heater went out again on the way home and roof started leaking badly when I drove thru a rain. At home I am told I need another circuit board for the hot water heater and a new roof which is not covered under warranty. The roof is supposed to have been inspected every 6 months I was told according to warranty. I have not found that yet but was told that by Fleetwood to. So If at all possible I am going to scrape to together another couple thousand and fix a 10 month old motor home and sell it. So happy camping to all of you in the future.
marvsi12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 07:45 PM   #130

Sorry to hear it sounds like you got a lemon. My first RV was much the same and I ended up selling it after just a year of continuous problems. For some reason I decided to try again on a different model and type and it was not the same experience at all. Whether or not I had gotten my second RV I am glad I didn't hang on to the first one any longer than I did. Hopefully you'll be happier once you've passed it's problems onto someone else.
Old 10-22-2016, 08:31 PM   #131

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by noflyboy View Post
Sorry to hear it sounds like you got a lemon. My first RV was much the same and I ended up selling it after just a year of continuous problems. For some reason I decided to try again on a different model and type and it was not the same experience at all. Whether or not I had gotten my second RV I am glad I didn't hang on to the first one any longer than I did. Hopefully you'll be happier once you've passed it's problems onto someone else.

Ya and that doesn't make any honest person feel good either.

iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 10-23-2016, 08:16 AM   #132

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by noflyboy View Post
Yeah, pass it on to someone that insists that buying used has all the bugs worked out, and they are going to save all that money over buying new. I'll take the hit on the depreciation of a new coach any day. , Chances of not getting a lemon are slightly better. Seeing a 1 year old used coach on a lot for sale raises a red flag for me, just wonder, why did owner dump it? surely not to loose all that money. I traded in a 1 year old 24 ft class c, all debugged, for a 36 ft class a, dealer still managed to steal 7 new tires off it before delivering it to new owner, they put on 10 year old tires, shined them up, buyer didn't notice, thought they were the same tires it had on it during test drive. So it's shame on who?? The dealer or the couple that bought it and did not check the tires twice? It's a really lousy world we live in, if it involves money, beware, beware beware.

Rapid Rick
2013 Fleetwood Terra 35K
rapid rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 08:36 AM   #133

At "noflyboy"... "Hopefully you'll be happier once you've passed it's problems onto someone else." What a piece of work you are.

As for the lemon law, forget about that...how about some anti-trust? Things will be a changing on November 8, 2016 Keep the faith
Rvlegaleagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 11:10 AM   #134

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvsi12 View Post
This I guess will be my last update to this post. I am going to try and get rid of this money hungry monster. The factory in Indiana did a few tweaks here and there but could not get it to drive or handle any better. I left being told to keep it under 55. The hot water heater went out again on the way home and roof started leaking badly when I drove thru a rain. At home I am told I need another circuit board for the hot water heater and a new roof which is not covered under warranty. The roof is supposed to have been inspected every 6 months I was told according to warranty. I have not found that yet but was told that by Fleetwood to. So If at all possible I am going to scrape to together another couple thousand and fix a 10 month old motor home and sell it. So happy camping to all of you in the future.
Why would you take it back if they couldn't fix the handling. I would have told them if you can't fix it give me a different one.
Why isn't the hot water heater under warranty?
Let me help you with the roof issue You say you can't find any reference to sealing and maintaining the roof. I believe it is on page 11-3 of your owners manual.
"Sealant Renewal
This section outlines the procedures you must
follow to maintain the weatherproof integrity
of your motor home. Leak damage caused by
failure to inspect and maintain the roof, vents,
TV/satellite antenna and molding seals may
affect your warranty coverage."
So you don't do test drives you haven't done as recommended to drive another coach the same make and model to compare them and you haven't read the owner's manual and you let them send you out in a coach that can not be driven over 55. That is hard to believe.

Best advice is to get on the roof now and fix the leaks before more permanent damage is done. Sell the coach and just stay at motel 6 when you travel or don't.
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 11:14 AM   #135

Fleetwood Owners Club
Post Fleetwood issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by macantic View Post
I assume you have a warranty with it,if so,take it back and keep complaining until they fix it or take it to a better dealer to be fixed.
Kind of hard to take back to the dealer when:

a: no qualified RV techs at dealership where it was bought
b: its your full time home - hard to relocate yourself and any pets to a motel without paying an arm and a leg.

We too had horrible issues with our bounder when we bought it new in 2014. Took months to get parts that were ordered in to fix it and to this day the peck valve still does not shut off when connected to water in a park once the tank is full it overflows!

Its a nice home but like the other couple we are seniors who can't afford to get another coach so we are stuck with it.

L
Lennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 11:47 AM   #136

Lennie
My 2014 Bounder had your water overflow issue. It was the check valve in the water pump. Solution replace or rebuild water pump, rebuild kits are available.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 12:49 PM   #137
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Is this a new vehicle?

If so most states have lemon laws.

New York State, makes it really easy, no lawyer is needed.

With in the first 2 year or 18,000 miles if the vehicle is in the shop for 45 days or more for any reason OR it is in the shop for four or more times for the same problem and it is not fixed it qualifies. You get your money back or a comparable (does not have to be new) vehicle (your choice) If it has over 12,000 you have to pay for mileage.

It is easy to do, four pages of forms to fill out and supporting documentation (work orders).

I have done this twice now and both times received new trucks.

Glenn

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 01:11 PM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennLever View Post
Is this a new vehicle?

If so most states have lemon laws.

New York State, makes it really easy, no lawyer is needed.

With in the first 2 year or 18,000 miles if the vehicle is in the shop for 45 days or more for any reason OR it is in the shop for four or more times for the same problem and it is not fixed it qualifies. You get your money back or a comparable (does not have to be new) vehicle (your choice) If it has over 12,000 you have to pay for mileage.

It is easy to do, four pages of forms to fill out and supporting documentation (work orders).

I have done this twice now and both times received new trucks.

Glenn
Does that apply for motorhomes ?
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 01:23 PM   #139

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
By far most state lemon laws do not apply to motorhomes. Most exclude any vehicle with a GVWR greater than 10000 lb.
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 01:37 PM   #140
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjt View Post
By far most state lemon laws do not apply to motorhomes. Most exclude any vehicle with a GVWR greater than 10000 lb.
In New York State RVs are included. What is not included is such things as refrigerators, furnaces etc.

Glenn

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote