Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2015, 10:13 AM   #1

Delamination

After reading some older posts, it seems that there were some years that Fleetwood products had some delamination problems not caused by water infiltration...is this true and what years did they have the problems...Thanks Mark
Mark Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2015, 01:13 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Mostly back in the early-mid 90's, before they perfected the sidewall lamination techniques. I had a '96 Southwind that had two small areas of delam due to adhesive failure. Had not spread any when I traded it in 2002.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 03:44 PM   #3

Mark, be aware of delamination in any Rv that you may look at. Start on the roof and work your way down. Don't hesitate to ask a veteran Rv owner to help you look over the Rv.
My friend traveled from CA to TX to buy a used Class C from Ebay. I told him what to look out for but he must had not been listening as he bought a Rv with a water stained ceiling and the beginning of delamination. He just simply threw away his $$ but it was his $$ to throw away. I'm sure the Texan was happy as that beat-up Rv headed out-of-town.
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4X4
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 09:56 AM   #4

delamination

I knew when i bought it that there was delamination issues, but the price that i got it for, i figured that i could take care of some of the issues. When i recoated the roof, i scrubbed with the detergent that i purchase from our local rv dealership. I then removed all loose caulk and resealed. I then coated with suggested roof sealer. I know that some of the delamination, is not due to water infiltration. I have been reading some posts, and have seen bits and pieces pertaing to delamination on Dreams and other Fleetwood products caused by manufacturing faults. I plan on taking 2 of the windows out this summer and repair walls where they have leaked. Again, it's not the whole coach it's just a couple areas that need attention. Inside the coach there are two walls by these windows that show signs of water. I plan on stripping down to frame and replace those areas. In previous posts i had said that the engine was rebuilt by Cummins Northeast and new cooling system was also installed....This is my first class a and we love it. It's a work in progress, and i enjoy the challenge...Especially when my maiden voyage had us parked front row sight at Assatugue State park, and the ocean less than 100 yards away...If any other Fleetwood owners have seen or have delam problems please let me know how you tackled it....Thanks in advance...Mark
Mark Clark is offline   Reply With Quote