Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2010, 10:29 AM   #1

Question Discovery Hot-Cold Cup Holders

We had a '99 Discovery, model 36-A which was one of the last models made without a slide. One of the featutre that my wife and I both totally enjoyed was the driver and passenger Hot-cold cup holders that were controlled with a 3 position rocker switch with the center position being off and one of the 2 end positions controlled hot and the other end activated cold. Have never seen this feature in any other coach and not sure how long it was available in later Discoverys.

Would love to buy and set these up in our current coach and if memory serves me correctly they were supplied to Fleetwood by a Canadian manufacturer. Have searched the net high and low to no avail. Are there any D owners out here who can help? Thanks, Ken....

Ken Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2010, 10:45 AM   #2

Sorry not much help, have them on my 00 38 V, two slides, and they are a plus. Discovery is not an extremelly fancy coach but they are comfy and loaded for their time and built well. Very few problems. Just buy another. If I ever see info will PM you. Keeps my coffee hot. Plan on keeing mine and passing to son so I can get another.
KC

Clonetrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:29 PM   #3

Clonetrooper, at least you confirmed that I am not totally senile.....yet. I remember once spilling coffee in, on, and completely around the cup holdewr on the driver's side. I thought I remember at the time just pulling the entire cup holder out of the socket to clean and dry it off. That is when I sa2w a manufacturer's sticker on the bottom and as I said initially I "thought" they were in Canada. Is there any product markings of any type on your cup holders? If you find any please let me know as I am getting determined to find a pair of these guys for my coach. Thanks, Ken.....
Ken Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:57 PM   #4

We had them on our 03 Gulfstream Sun Voyager and they kept drinks cold as well, we really like them a lot. Not on our Pace and we miss them. Good luck finding them.
jab862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:55 PM   #5

OK Ken, they are called Beverage Mate, and you aren't senile, they were made by Canadians, with USA materials???. Name was right in front of me, in the bottom of holder. Not much other info. Just a patent # 4914920. Even pulled the bottom cover off the pass armrest and no info there. Did a google search for Beverage Mate and got herbal tea and a cooler for the office. They do work great, would have been worn out in my younger days, just right for a can of beer. Drink a couple eggnog and Mr Daniels at holidays and a lot of Community coffee. But there is the brand name, if I get anymore info I will PM you. Like I just buy another Discovery, take out holders then sell her or keep as toad. Ha Ha

Good Luck Kelly
Clonetrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:46 PM   #6

Here is what I found. It is not like the one in my old Georgie Boy.
Magic Mug for your Car Keeps Bevarages Hot or Cold | Single Serve Coffee - SingleServeCoffee.com

Plug-In Commuter's Warming/Cooling Mug
pcurt23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #7

Looking for Beverage Mate cup replacements

Internet search provided only the fact that the name is trade marked, no sales outlets.
Will keep looking to replace two removed from our Georgie Boy when we were not watching.
Escaper2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:02 AM   #8

02 discovery both were missing when purchased, would love to find supplier
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
ebay

12 VOLT HOT AND COLD CUP HOLDER FOR RV'S | eBay
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:48 PM   #10

Do you need special cups for these hot and cold holders
Thanks for any info DF