Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2019, 06:26 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by alank View Post
As far as I know, the Magnadyne (radio) is not hooked up to the TV. It is quite an extensive unit with no user manual. I called Magnadyne with a volume question and got it resolved. My opinion, these units are excessive for installation in a motorhome. They do about 1000 things of which you may actually use 30 or 40 0f them. I ask about a user manual and was told if the guy I talked to wrote it, it would about 50 pages long for each function. They think it's just easier to talk you through the parts you actually use.

The Freightliner LBCU is more like a scan gauge. All the trouble codes, operational operation, etc., and like the above, about 1000 bits of information and you may actually use about 10% of it. I removed my scan switch from the dash and mounted it on the steering column where I can reach it while driving.

The outside cameras can be displayed on the televator TV by turning on the correct input.

I use an EEZ TPMS and am satisfied but have no other experience.
My hitch is a Blue Ox and brake controller is Brake Buddy. I had an older Brake Buddy that failed on my way to AZ and they sent a new unit to my destination so I wouldn't be without brakes. Liked the service.

I also just ran wires for lights through the car to a light bar that goes into the hitch receiver. I didn't want to connect into the car's wiring and take the chance of have troubles there, even though I know it can be done.
Thanks! Great info. I am considering the RVI brake 3 system, but haven't decided yet. They guy who developed the RVI Brake was the original inventor of the brake buddy (or so I'm told). Interesting to know about the Magnadyne functionality. When you bought your coach, did the dealer go over it much with you, in fact how much time did he go over all the systems with you before you drove away?
Dave Reyburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2019, 06:28 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny502 View Post
The wife and I just picked up our first new RV Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40D love the way it drives cannot Wait to take it on your first trip, previously we had a gas RV. We love all the new features.
Nice! You should post some pics! The 40D seems to be a very popular floorplan from what I can see of the available units for sale. The 40G seems to fit our needs the most so far.
Dave Reyburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 04:35 PM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Reyburn View Post
Was it hit by a rock? Any idea what caused this?? Thanks for the posting.

I’m not sure but I think that it’s likely a rock or some other foreign object caused the issue. The mechanic showed it to us and I wish I’d had the presence of mind to take a picture. I remember a crack about 3/8 of an inch long, but I can’t remember if the puncture was pointed inside or outside. We were just grateful they decided to cover it under warranty.
cyclist922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:44 PM   #32

Congrats! Were looking at the 2019 40D. we cant decide between the 3 theatre seats or the L-couch? My husband thinks the drivers chair cant turn around with the big couch? Any thoughts and have fun with your new rig
donatelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:24 AM   #33

He’s right, the “L” part prevents the driver seat from turning around. Three adults can set on the couch, and I would select the 3 seats over the couch. If you have company, the couch sort of separates the front seats from those setting on the couch. If the “L” part was down by the kitchen counter, we would have liked it better.
Old 10-17-2019, 05:01 PM   #34

12v outlets in cab area for tech. (# and locations)

Can anyone tell me where the 12v outlets are in the cab area and how many there are? Functioning a 2018 4D next summer to go cross country and want to know how many outlets there are for cell phone, rvi3 brake control tablet, etc. Is there only one outlet in the center of the dash or are there more preferably something on the left side of the driver. Would love to know where are good places people mount there phones and any other tablet displays. Any pictures would be great!
Merknet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 05:05 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Reyburn View Post
Thanks! Great info. I am considering the RVI brake 3 system, but haven't decided yet. They guy who developed the RVI Brake was the original inventor of the brake buddy (or so I'm told). Interesting to know about the Magnadyne functionality. When you bought your coach, did the dealer go over it much with you, in fact how much time did he go over all the systems with you before you drove away?
How do you find the RVI3? I was actually looking at that system yesterday instead of the Blue Ox Patriot. Saw a Patriot 2 BRK2012 for $700 which is good, but for $400 more can go with brand new and air over hydrolic vs slower electric. Plus better resale after. We are renting a 2018 40G next summer cross country so it will be a 3 month thing and then I'll sell it.

Would love to hear about anyone's experiences
Merknet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 02:54 PM   #36

Discovery LXE M

I just purchased 2019 Fleetwood DP LXE M Model and just put about 3000 miles in the last month. Minor problems so far 12 volt cig lighter not working, bathroom door off track due to not being locked in place and trim molding.

My question is as a newbie I will be storing the coach for couple months in Arizona with all appliance off, however not quite familiar with the proper procedure of this short term storage. Just looking to be pointed in the right direction. Will be storing in a covered lot which will allow a 3 hour timed charged plugged in to a 20amp service.
robert42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, discovery