Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2019, 03:20 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by alank View Post
Take the center off the top of the dash and see if you have an AURORA air conditioning system.
I like my theatre seats, had to add a small mechanism to give me 5 recline positions, but I like them.
What mechanism did you use to get 5 reclining positions? I had called the company that makes the theater seats and they just told me that i can drive a 1000 miles to one of their warehouse and they might be able to adjust the seats. He did not inspire a lot of confidence.
Dippytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2019, 08:17 AM   #16

The mechanism I made and it attaches to the rear frame, extends to the back of the seat bottom to hold it extended out. The release is attached to the foot rest handle.
You may also want to consider medicine cabinets in the rear bath. I have read that 2020 models have them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	877C2DB0-E69E-41BC-9473-7706ADBEE0E3.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	292.7 KB
ID:	258851  
Old 09-02-2019, 07:07 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by alank View Post
The system is the air conditioner, and just got it completed today, Sat 8/31. Freightliner called and said it's now icing up, just like it did before it completely failed the first time. Three Freightliner service shops and Fleetwood, and no body knows how to make it work properly. Lots of parts thrown at it so far. The system is an AURORA system and seems like no one likes them. May try to get a hold of Kevin at Fleetwood next week and start demanding the removal of the AURORA system. Fleetwood doesn't use them any more either as I have been told. Kevin had suggested earlier the possibility of replacing the entire evaporator box.

Haven't actually used all the AquaHot, just the water heater side and there's plenty of hot water and heats with diesel or electric, what ever you choose. If you need hot water fast, then diesel, if not, go electric and wait an hour. The heating side warms the coach with heater cores and fans, three in the coach controlled by the three thermostats, one in the storage bay and one in the water bay, both with their own thermostats. The floor is heated electrically, not with water.

One interesting thing while doing my fixes I learned is that the clothes washer only uses cold water, only has one hose. The washer has it's own heating element to heat the water much like many dish washers do. This way the length of hot water line between the water heater and the washer doesn't affect the water temp.

Thanks for the update on the AC. That's the kind of info I was looking for. Helps to know what to expect when things start to go wrong. So the front zone floor heat is electric, and therefore nothing to do with the aquahot? Makes sense. What is the hydraulic leveling system brand? Is it hydraulic down and up, or spring assisted up? Is it working well for you?
Dave Reyburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 11:51 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have a 2017 40G, which we bought new. We’ve had minor issues with two exceptions:

The first was a fuel filter which burst about 200 miles into our first trip. Diesel was spewing out beneath the rig at an alarming rate. We had to cancel the trip but between the chassis warranty and the CoachNet plan that Fleetwood included, we had no major out of pocket impact.

The second is a defective awning that droops on one side. Two warranty repairs and a recall later, it works, but it still barely clears the slide when retracting. I’m not laying this one solely at Fleetwood’s feet. I think the dealer is culpable.

Overall, I recommend the Discovery but if I were to do it over, I’d put more effort in choosing the dealer.

—Rod
cyclist922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 03:47 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have a 2018 LXE 40G that we bought new and have put around 15,000 miles on it in the year and halve we have owned it. No major issues. Did have a fuel leak on one of the injectors which was covered under warranty hand a loose connector. Also had a radiator leak which turned out to be a lose radiator cap caused by a hose clap that would not let the cap close all the way.
Dennis429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 02:35 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclist922 View Post
We have a 2017 40G, which we bought new. We’ve had minor issues with two exceptions:

The first was a fuel filter which burst about 200 miles into our first trip. Diesel was spewing out beneath the rig at an alarming rate. We had to cancel the trip but between the chassis warranty and the CoachNet plan that Fleetwood included, we had no major out of pocket impact.

The second is a defective awning that droops on one side. Two warranty repairs and a recall later, it works, but it still barely clears the slide when retracting. I’m not laying this one solely at Fleetwood’s feet. I think the dealer is culpable.

Overall, I recommend the Discovery but if I were to do it over, I’d put more effort in choosing the dealer.

—Rod
Yikes!! I've seen several fuel leak issues on YouTube. Guess I'd have to take a wrench and go over every single fitting and bolt to make sure everything was tight. The Filter burst? Was it hit by a rock? Any idea what caused this?? Thanks for the posting.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:40 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis429 View Post
We have a 2018 LXE 40G that we bought new and have put around 15,000 miles on it in the year and halve we have owned it. No major issues. Did have a fuel leak on one of the injectors which was covered under warranty hand a loose connector. Also had a radiator leak which turned out to be a lose radiator cap caused by a hose clap that would not let the cap close all the way.
That's the kind of stuff you have to go over the coach with a fine tooth comb to find. Who would expect a loose radiator cap caused by an interfering hose clamp? You must have found that very quickly after driving it off the lot as the engine started to overheat? Was the leaky fuel injector spraying fuel everywhere? The fuel is under huge pressure! What alerted you to it?
Old 09-04-2019, 02:47 PM   #22

Can any of the information on the GPS display or camera display be shown on the TV monitor that sits above the cab area? What info does the Freightliner LCD display on the dash provide? Is it like a scan gauge? Also I'm curious to know what you use for TPMS, and make/model of tow bar and toad brake system. Trying to gauge the most popular systems out there.
Old 09-04-2019, 03:07 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Reyburn View Post
That's the kind of stuff you have to go over the coach with a fine tooth comb to find. Who would expect a loose radiator cap caused by an interfering hose clamp? You must have found that very quickly after driving it off the lot as the engine started to overheat? Was the leaky fuel injector spraying fuel everywhere? The fuel is under huge pressure! What alerted you to it?

The check engine light came on after I got home from picking up the coach. Lucky it was not a major fuel leak. On the radiator cap I made two trips out to Arizona from Arkansas with no over heating problems. You could smell ant freeze when I would start up my Jeep to unhook it but I never could see any. On 2nd trip on the way home we stopped in Amarillo, TX for a night and when I started the coach the next mooring my low coolant light came on. So I went and look at my over flow tank and it showed full so I turned of the coach wanted a couple of minutes then started it back up and the light did not come back on. When I took it in for my 6000 mile service I asked them to check and see if I had a leak because the low coolant light came on and that is how they found the radiator cap was loose.
Dennis429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 04:39 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
2015 40E. No major problems, but too many minor I've taken care of. No aquahot, but I dont want one due to more maint and problems. Cold floors. 40k miles, 8.8 mpg pulling an Accord.
We like propane furnaces, and stove. They work without 120v. Propane fill still lasts 2 years. Next time just for a different pace might try a Newmar with their steering assist.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:38 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta48 View Post
2015 40E. No major problems, but too many minor I've taken care of. No aquahot, but I dont want one due to more maint and problems. Cold floors. 40k miles, 8.8 mpg pulling an Accord.
We like propane furnaces, and stove. They work without 120v. Propane fill still lasts 2 years. Next time just for a different pace might try a Newmar with their steering assist.
I did the Newmar factory tour on Tuesday. Very impressed with it all. The "comfort steer" looks like a nice inovation. I talked with an owner and he likes it alot. He says he turns the knob down to 3 when he drives, likes a stiffer feel in the wheel. I also did the Fleetwood RV factory tour yesterday. What a contrast to Newmar! I'm still very keen on the Discovery LXE, but it's good to know the differences in how they're built.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:42 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis429 View Post
The check engine light came on after I got home from picking up the coach. Lucky it was not a major fuel leak. On the radiator cap I made two trips out to Arizona from Arkansas with no over heating problems. You could smell ant freeze when I would start up my Jeep to unhook it but I never could see any. On 2nd trip on the way home we stopped in Amarillo, TX for a night and when I started the coach the next mooring my low coolant light came on. So I went and look at my over flow tank and it showed full so I turned of the coach wanted a couple of minutes then started it back up and the light did not come back on. When I took it in for my 6000 mile service I asked them to check and see if I had a leak because the low coolant light came on and that is how they found the radiator cap was loose.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I would have thought the vacuum from the radiator would have pulled the coolant in from the overflow tank. But if the leak prevented enough vacuum from forming, I would have expected it to puke out more coolant on the ground. Go figure.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:32 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Reyburn View Post
Can any of the information on the GPS display or camera display be shown on the TV monitor that sits above the cab area? What info does the Freightliner LCD display on the dash provide? Is it like a scan gauge? Also I'm curious to know what you use for TPMS, and make/model of tow bar and toad brake system. Trying to gauge the most popular systems out there.
As far as I know, the Magnadyne (radio) is not hooked up to the TV. It is quite an extensive unit with no user manual. I called Magnadyne with a volume question and got it resolved. My opinion, these units are excessive for installation in a motorhome. They do about 1000 things of which you may actually use 30 or 40 0f them. I ask about a user manual and was told if the guy I talked to wrote it, it would about 50 pages long for each function. They think it's just easier to talk you through the parts you actually use.

The Freightliner LBCU is more like a scan gauge. All the trouble codes, operational operation, etc., and like the above, about 1000 bits of information and you may actually use about 10% of it. I removed my scan switch from the dash and mounted it on the steering column where I can reach it while driving.

The outside cameras can be displayed on the televator TV by turning on the correct input.

I use an EEZ TPMS and am satisfied but have no other experience.
My hitch is a Blue Ox and brake controller is Brake Buddy. I had an older Brake Buddy that failed on my way to AZ and they sent a new unit to my destination so I wouldn't be without brakes. Liked the service.

I also just ran wires for lights through the car to a light bar that goes into the hitch receiver. I didn't want to connect into the car's wiring and take the chance of have troubles there, even though I know it can be done.
Old 09-08-2019, 06:48 AM   #28

The wife and I just picked up our first new RV Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40D love the way it drives cannot Wait to take it on your first trip, previously we had a gas RV. We love all the new features.
Danny502 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, discovery