RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2019, 12:45 AM   #1

Dometic RM1350 wonít run on LP

My fridge won’t ignite on LP. When switching to LP one of 2 things happen. Sometimes it snaps the igniter once and then throws an E1 code. Other times it snaps over and over and eventually fails and throws the E1 code or flashing LP.

I have confirmed there is LP to valve. I have confirmed 12 volts to the gas solenoid when trying to ignite. When it fails (either immediately or after a dozen snaps) the voltage is gone.

If runs fine on AC, so it’s something in the gas side.

I saw a video showing problem could be a bare spot on igniter wire causing it to snap at the bare spot instead of the igniter end. I will check that.

Any other ideas?

SavnTheWales is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2019, 01:39 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Have you recently filled LP?

Old 11-25-2019, 02:57 AM   #3

Nope, tanks was 3/4 full. Water heater and stove lit fine. I even cracked open the refrigerator line and there was pressure and the smell of propane.
Old 11-25-2019, 09:51 AM   #4

Ignitor........
Pg 19 Section 5.3

Wiring Diagrams....
Pg 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 (basic wiring plus options)

Thermocouple......
Pg 31 Section 8.3

I would start with Ignitor.
Testing Voltage to/from it
SHOULD fire (spark continuously until Flame ignites)

https://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/Serv...,%20RM1350.pdf
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 01:29 PM   #5

Replace the igniter-thermocoupler.
Old 11-25-2019, 05:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer26 View Post
Replace the igniter-thermocoupler.

3 separate components

Fridge has:
*Ignitor Module...separate from circuit board
*Spark Electrode for ignition of flame
*Thermocouple to verify flame is lit

Throwing parts can get expensive
Testing is FREE
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:48 PM   #7

Looks like the solenoid is bad. Read open on ohms test. I canít believe they want $200 for this part. I saw an older post on this forum where the user replaced just the solenoid and not the brass. I contacted CEME to see if I could buy just the solenoid.

Looking for:
CEME model 5589/A
Coil series 5CL2,5
5589HN1, 5SG7HZ2
12v DC. 2.5W
Old 12-04-2019, 11:22 PM   #8

Well this has been a couple interesting days.

Talked to CEME who said the solenoid coil is a Dometic ONLY part. They cannot sell directly to consumer.

Then called Dometic who said they could not sell the coil separately and would only provide a part number for the complete gas valve. They will not sell gas parts to consumer, you have to get them from a dealer.

Dometic support then told me the gas valves were out of stock and did not anticipate ordering anymore since my 2012 was 7 years old. They hoped I would get lucky finding one at a dealer. I then brought up the fact that they STILL sell the RM1350 refrigerator! I asked for the part number for a new RM1350 and was given the wrong part. I think this support guy just didnít want to help.

I called Dometic back and got a better support person who said they were very low on stock, but may get more... whenever they could get them from CEME. But their price was $225, so dealer may charge more.

I called CEME back and explained the situation. Best they would do is forward my inquiry to their internal support to see if they would sell me one or if they had a similar product. Havenít heard back yet.

To say the least I am very disappointed in both companies. There is no reason to be forced into buying an entire gas valve assembly for $225 just to replace a solenoid coil that IS designed to be replaced... for far less.

I did not give up, I used my corporate contacts and found a solenoid coil that fixed my unit. It took a whole 2 minutes to replace.

I have inquired to see if I can get a bulk package of the solenoids to help others out... if there is a demand.... let me know. I donít know the bulk pricing yet, but am confident it will be FAR less than the gas valve price.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:25 AM   #9

We just experienced the same problem last week on our 2014 Southwind and Norcold 1200 fridge.
We stopped into an RV dealership in Knoxville on our trip to Florida and they determined the igniter was not gapped properly with the propane source (out by 1/32").
Interestingly, the problem occurred after going into a Blue Beacon Truck Wash.
Not really sure how the washing would have knocked the igniter out of alignment or if it was jarred when hitting some road bumps!
The whole process took 30 minutes to fix and we were back on the road.
Thanks to Buddy Gregg's RV for the fast and friendly service.
I try to keep the flue clean of any debris but in this instance I would never have traced this specific cause.
Jim.B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:47 PM   #10

I have the same problem on my 2012 Crusader, DM2852 quit working on 110 v @ year ago so I ran it constantly on gas since the board is @ $100.
Then last week it quit running on gas, check light is on, replaced lower board with new one, also replaced top board, checked solenoid with ohmmeter and it is open, won't even try to ignite
my solenoid is:
CEME 5588/A
5CL2,5
5588HN1,5SG7HZ2
12vDC 2,5W
Probably the same as yours, any update on finding a solenoid?

Britz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic