Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2014, 05:05 PM   #15

Glad to here your toilet is now functioning. Happy camping.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Kpjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2016, 06:41 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Our vacuflush died.no red or green lights no vacuum tank is empty,.Fleetwood guy not much help. found a breaker in inverter comp.but I jumped it and no help, still dead,he also said to look in coach battery comp for inline fuse nothing in there any ideas?? it worked fine a day ago 2016 Bounder 36E
Mak 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 03:49 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
I jumped the wires going to the black tank float and it started working.I'll look into whay at a later time
Old 08-07-2016, 01:50 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehunter View Post
OK just got my MH back from River city RV in Sacramento. Took it in on Monday had it diagnosed and ordered the vacuum switch by noon. They received it about 4 PM today and had my hands on the steering wheel by 6:30. They did this at 1/10 of the price of Findlays in Las Vegas and about the same job. Hmmm!
Anyway there was no blockage just the failure of the vacuum switch.
Thanks for everyone's input.

Stan

IF anyone is still wondering River city RV is excellent.
Happy to hear you got fixed up with minimum pain. I noticed you have the same coach as me (different chassis). Could you share with me the location of the breaker and the vacuum switch they replaced?
Old 08-07-2016, 03:01 PM   #19

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpjp View Post
When the black tank gets close to full, the vacuum pump stops working and the vaccuflush indicator light stays red (green one does not light). I am not sure what level it stops. If wither the red or green indicator lite is on, you have 12Vdc power to the pump.

Jim

The vacupump in my 2016 33c Bounder did not shut off when the tank was full. It just pumped raw sewage up the vent pipe & all over the roof or my coach. Big concern is how much sewage leaked in to the insulation between the roof & ceiling. Also concerned about mold. Can't monitor tank levels because probes are incorrect. Really discusted with this RV we've only had it for 4 months. We are seasoned rvers this is our 7th RV. The quality has gone down hill. Sorry for the rant. Ep

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 08-07-2016, 05:36 PM   #20

What is the purpose of the vacu- pump ? Can I guess the black tank is located at a distance, or angle normal gravity drop is ineffective ?
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 07:49 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeljag View Post
What is the purpose of the vacu- pump ? Can I guess the black tank is located at a distance, or angle normal gravity drop is ineffective ?
Outside of making you worry when it's going to break, it allows placement of the toilet remote from a drop into the tank. Some applications allow 2 toilets to the same tank. In my case against the outside wall. Anything in the toilet is drawn through a small diameter (about 1 inch) to the black tank. I would recommend not to put ice in it as mentioned above.
Old 08-08-2016, 05:01 AM   #22

Agreed.....seems like yet another maintaince issue waiting to happen !
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 04:00 AM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Ok now so where is the Black tank? I need to check out the black tank float and why it is not working,but don't know where to access it? 2016 Bounder 36E
Old 08-09-2016, 06:49 AM   #24

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1470746112.780113.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	135377Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1470746136.814227.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	135378Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1470746156.286084.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	135379

These drawings were emailed to me from Fleetwood Customer Service. If you call them and request the drawings for your unit they will send them to you. These drawings are for a 2014 Bounder 35k.

The float switch is a mechanical switch which may be stuck with obvious black tank contents. You could use your tank flush and try to let the spray clean the float switch. You may have got something attached to the float switch while you were driving with contents in the black tank. There are liquid tank cleaners that you could add to the black tank. If you add any of them, I would do it by using a venturi system on the tank flush supply to suck the tank cleaner out of the bottle.

When I bought my Bounder someone on this forum suggested that you hold the flush foot switch down for at least 3 seconds. The extra water really helps keep the vacuum generator clean. It does fill the black tank faster, but I have had very good service from my vacuflush system. Not sure if it is luck or the use of extra water when flushing.

If you private message me, I can email the owners manual for the vacuflush system. It is a pdf and I do not know how to attach it.

Good luck,
Jim

Jim
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35k
2007 VW EOS
Old 08-09-2016, 07:04 AM   #25

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1470747765.026338.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	135382

This is the venturi device I use when I am sanitizing the black water tank through the tank flush sprayer.

Jim

Jim
2007 VW EOS
Old 08-09-2016, 07:36 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpjp View Post
Attachment 135382

This is the venturi device I use when I am sanitizing the black water tank through the tank flush sprayer.

Jim

Jim
2007 VW EOS
You sanitize the black tank? I would think that is a never ending job. Use the toilet once and sanitization (is that a word?) is gone. Flush it yes, drop a bacteria helper, sure. Can't say I've heard of anyone sanitizing a black tank. For sure I will not be doing this.
Learned something new today. It's a good day
Old 08-09-2016, 10:05 AM   #27

Look behind the toilet there usually is a plastic bag zip tied there that has the vacuflush instructions. I'ld take the time to sit down and read those if I had a unit equipped with that system. There is a sticker in that bag that is supposed to be visibly placed in the bathroom. One of the things it says is to hold the flush lever down for at least 3 seconds with every flush.
My experience with the vacuflush system has three very important points
1. Three Second Flush
2. Let the foot control flush pedal slam shut, That will clean the ball with each flush.
3. If leaving the coach for over a week clean the discharge lines in the system. Residue left in the pump mechanism can harden and jam the vacuum generator bellows which usually will trip the circuit breaker. If you don't know where the circuit breaker for your coach is I suggest you call Fleetwood and find out.
Points 1,2 and 3 are all in the Vacuflush manual it's a must read.

Having the red don't flush light on the vacuum panel illuminated and no accompanying pump sound usually means the Black Tank Float switch is indicating a full tank. Drain the tank. No lights on the vacuum panel and the system turned on means the breaker has tripped.
Poor Mak1 has had some unusual symptoms I'm interested is seeing what he finds out. I am attaching the schematic he asked for.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Waste_Tank.pdf (258.5 KB, 82 views)
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:21 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
You sanitize the black tank? I would think that is a never ending job. Use the toilet once and sanitization (is that a word?) is gone. Flush it yes, drop a bacteria helper, sure. Can't say I've heard of anyone sanitizing a black tank. For sure I will not be doing this.

Learned something new today. It's a good day

The float is a mechanical device. When toilet paper attaches to it, it can cause it not to function. I used this method to free up the float and have not had the problem return. I was afraid to flush the the tank cleaning chemical through the vacuum generator, so this is how I opted to get the chemical into the black tank.

Jim

Jim
2007 VW EOS

Tags
dometic