RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2018, 03:41 PM   #1

Door remote stopped working

I have an 2001 American Eagle and the remote for the door has just completely stopped working. No clicks not anything. It still lights the read light but nothing from both remotes I have. I assumed it was a fuse but I have tested every fuse I can find (under stairs and in bedroom) and cannot find one blown. I also cannot find the module. Does anyone have any suggestions? It was working 2 days ago although it was doing weird things like opening the door but not the compartments but now will not even click.

strlw120759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2018, 12:43 PM   #2

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by strlw120759 View Post
I have an 2001 American Eagle and the remote for the door has just completely stopped working. No clicks not anything. It still lights the read light but nothing from both remotes I have. I assumed it was a fuse but I have tested every fuse I can find (under stairs and in bedroom) and cannot find one blown. I also cannot find the module. Does anyone have any suggestions? It was working 2 days ago although it was doing weird things like opening the door but not the compartments but now will not even click.
Try this and where the door hinges, look for a couple of brass buttons that mate, when the door is shut. Clean these up with Emery cloth and then coat with silicon or something. Also insure that the two that are spring loaded are free to apply pressure against the fixed pair and you may want to squirt some WD40 in there, as well.
Then inside the door, by removing the lock mechanism, is a solenoid with a couple of wires plugged into it, that could have fallen off.
Ours makes 3 bleeps for opening and 1 for locking and wishing it was the other way around, so does it do anything similar, either before or now?
Also if anyone knows of programming the number of bleeps for each, I'd be interested.

tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 12:26 PM   #3

I cannot find any brass buttons in the hinges of the door. It appears the wires go into the door like an automobiles. Do you happen to know where the control module would be located? I think in the dash but I couldn't find it in there.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:37 PM   #4

When our remotes stopped working (yes, both of them, at the same time!) we replaced their batteries. That fixed the problem, as unbelievable as that may seem.
EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 12:38 PM   #5

Quote:
I cannot find any brass buttons in the hinges of the door. It appears the wires go into the door like an automobiles. Do you happen to know where the control module would be located? I think in the dash but I couldn't find it in there.
I believe on mine, it's in the console and at the bottom, by removing this block of speaker covering looking material, held by Velcro. Naturally your cockpit isn't at all like mine and evidently with the way your entry door is designed, either, so can't be of much help here...Ö..
Old 09-09-2018, 12:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZDZIT View Post
When our remotes stopped working (yes, both of them, at the same time!) we replaced their batteries. That fixed the problem, as unbelievable as that may seem.
Well yeah.....but thought that was just a little too obvious and thinking that the OP had more of a problem here. Also he's saying both remotes, which would be quite a coincidence.....
Old 09-09-2018, 11:00 PM   #7

I agree it was quite a coincidence when both of our remotes became useless at the same time. Replacing their batteries fixed our problem. That's why I thought it was worth mentioning.
Hopefully the OP's problem can be fixed as easily.
EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:32 AM   #8

Thanks for the suggestions and help. I guess I will just have to look harder in the dash area. I am going to try new batteries. It can't hurt to try.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:16 PM   #9

I have almost completely torn the dash apart and cannot find the box. I called Fleetwood and he said it was in the dash and was probably a trimark. I found a box that says advanced technology inc on it and I have no idea what that is but cannot find a trimark box.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20556A57-358E-41E3-BED7-75C100B0FA28.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	284.1 KB
ID:	218742  
Old 09-25-2018, 03:13 PM   #10

Have a 2003 Fleetwood revolution , I found the control box under dash just right of fuel pedal. It is a clear plastic box . My remotes both quit and figured it was in control box.
I called the company which is in texas ( cannot even remember the name but got it off of little pamplet found in my owners manual binder) and spoke to someone who said they would get back to me and I never heard from them again . This was over a year ago and I just sorta forgot about it. As I recall ]there was a part in there that I could tinker with and get a click at door but I will have to dig under there again to refreash my memory.
Darin1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 12:43 PM   #11

Still cannot figure out problem with the key less entry system. I changed batteries and nothing happened. I did have a strange thing happen though. I took our bus in for the ball joints to be replaced and some tie rod issues. The shop completed repairs so I brought bus home. The very next day I walked outside and hit the lock button as I hit those buttons all the time hoping it will start working again and it locked all the locks. I heard all lock activate because I had left the under coach storage locks unlocked for easy access. Well that's all that would happen. It wouldn't lock them back nor unlock anything again. now a month later and me pushing those buttons at least 50 times it still does nothing and I still cannot find the module. Is it possible the module is in the Door?
Old 12-19-2018, 08:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Still cannot figure out problem with the key less entry system. I changed batteries and nothing happened. I did have a strange thing happen though. I took our bus in for the ball joints to be replaced and some tie rod issues. The shop completed repairs so I brought bus home. The very next day I walked outside and hit the lock button as I hit those buttons all the time hoping it will start working again and it locked all the locks. I heard all lock activate because I had left the under coach storage locks unlocked for easy access. Well that's all that would happen. It wouldn't lock them back nor unlock anything again. now a month later and me pushing those buttons at least 50 times it still does nothing and I still cannot find the module. Is it possible the module is in the Door?
Had a similar problem. Poplocks is the manufacturer for your rv. Call them and they will help you. I had to replace a patt. They have excellent instructions.
https://www.poplocks.com/rv.php
wildirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 08:53 PM   #13

You might try this, it worked for me. I found a little control box under the dash about the size of a cig pack on the floor under the fuse box in the dash. It does control the remote door lock. (Just non descript black plastic with a few wires). Keyless entry procedure
01-24-2012, 03:31 PM
gripper

Fleetwood Owners Club

It Works! Perseverance pays off! Saved myself $250.00!

While searching the internet, for a new sending unit, I ran across a site, that led me back to IRV2. An RV'er, call sign "tedwards1555" had posted a plea for help in getting his keyless entry to work. He was not successful and ordered a new one, for about $250, which included two new fobs. In getting the new ones to work, he listed the directions that came with the new one.

What is important, is that he found out the black button had to be pressed "immediately", after the key was turned on. Then the red light would come on. Also, you are to wait (this is improtant) until the sending unit recognizes the transmitter(s). When that happens, the red light will start flashing. Then you can turn the key off. Press the lock button on the fob and it will work!

I followed these steps and now, mine works! Hooray! Funny thing is, the instructions do not say "immediately" and they do not say to "wait for the light to start flashing". Note that the instructions that I posted in #9 above, say to press the transmitter (fob) and the red light will flash once. This did not happen when I did it. In fact, the red light did not come on at all when I followed those instructions. "Immediately", is the key. Thank you tedwards1555!

GBDTN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, remote