Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2014, 08:18 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Driver side bullseye (panoramic) mirror fell 0ff

I went to the storage yard where my Fleetwood Tioga Montara is parked to start and run my generator and found the bullseye/panoramic portion of the drivers side mirror on the ground.

The coach has all of 800 miles total on it (most from factory delivery) and the mirror fell off! I hope nothing more falls off

Where can I get the adhesive to reattach this portion of the mirror?

Should I look to Ford for the adhesive or Fleetwood?
seb1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2014, 08:24 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
It should be covered under warranty.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:45 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
It should be covered under warranty.
I agree!!!!!
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:07 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Any auto parts store should have the adhesive. I don't know how far it is to your RV dealer, but for us, it would cost 10 times the amount in gasoline to drive there for "warranty repair" instead of just buying a tube of adhesive. Hope you get 'er fixed up soon and nothing else falls off!!
Old 04-23-2014, 12:22 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
This made me smile a little because it brought back a favorite memory:

My Mother had always wanted a little sports car, and once the last of her eight kids left home she traded in the old wagon on a brand new Triumph Spitfire. That baby was bee-you-tee-ful: bright red, convertible top, black-and-white checked interior.

Feelin' like a million bucks, she pulled out of the dealer lot...and before she got more than a few blocks the drivers side mirror fell off. THE WHOLE MIRROR! Naturally the dealer apologized all over the place and fixed it lickety-split. Little did we know that this was the first of a long line of mysterious ailments that car suffered from...but did she ever have fun with it!
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:34 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
This made me smile a little because it brought back a favorite memory:

My Mother had always wanted a little sports car, and once the last of her eight kids left home she traded in the old wagon on a brand new Triumph Spitfire. That baby was bee-you-tee-ful: bright red, convertible top, black-and-white checked interior.

Feelin' like a million bucks, she pulled out of the dealer lot...and before she got more than a few blocks the drivers side mirror fell off. THE WHOLE MIRROR! Naturally the dealer apologized all over the place and fixed it lickety-split. Little did we know that this was the first of a long line of mysterious ailments that car suffered from...but did she ever have fun with it!
I was driving my Spitfire down the road and the entire STEERING WHEEL came off in my hands... Yup - one of the many of many things to fall off the Triumph.
pagosajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:49 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Spitfire. One of the best looking but worst built cars in history. A friend bought a new one and had it a year and a half. In that time it was at the dealership for a year of that time frame. Someone leaned against it and the metal was so thin that it pushed in and shorted the hood to the battery.

Tags
driver