Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:43 PM   #1

Electrical Problems

ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS
I have a 2004 Fleetwood Revolution bought used in 2006.
Can anyone help with this problem?
A. When on generator: (7500kw)
1. The Smart EMS, Model 900, indicates 50 amps in, all lights on the right are green and the load meter will indicate the amps being used.

B. When connected to 30 amp shore power:
1. The Smart EMS indicates 50 amps, all lights on the right are green and the load meter does NOT indicate amps being used.
2. The electric water heater, engine pre-heat and the two 115v outlets on each side of the bed do not work.
3. The rear AC works but the front AC does not.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2010, 07:31 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If the EMS is showing 50 amps in when plugged into a 30 amp RV outlet... Then the EMS is defective and needs service.

It works by measuring the voltage between L-1 and L-2, if it's zero, you are on 30 amps (or less) if it's 240 volts (Well over 200) you are on 50 amps.

IT MAY BE (I have not read the owner's manual for yours) that someone hit an override and locked it in 50 amp mose.. You will need to download the manual if you do not have a paper copy and see if that is possible.. It is possible a full reset will fix it.

Try this: Unplug, do not start generator, Activate the battery disconnect and then lift the ground wire off the battery(ies) and then take a brake, say 1 cup of coffee.

The re-attach the ground cable, Re-connect the battery, and plug back in and see what happens.

No guarantee..... but this advice will cost you ... 1 cup of coffee.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:24 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
The EMS sounds like it's working backwards, perhaps a reset is in order as suggested. Has there been any recent wiring done?
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:13 AM   #4

Reset works

I have been having a problem with my EMS. I'm staying at the in-laws plugged into a 20 amp circuit but the EMS would not let me select the 20 amp setting.

Last week I replaced a battery cable and used the disconnect switches. Yesterday I noticed I could now select the 20 amp setting. It must have been reset by last weeks repair! Learn something new every day.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:24 PM   #5

Thanks

Thanks to all for your input. Looks like it's a visit to the tecks when i get home.
Tom
Old 07-29-2010, 03:23 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm pretty sure you have a defective 50/30 adapter. One side of the 50A shore cord is not getting power, so the EMS sees a non-zero difference between the two legs. That tells it that it is 50A service rather than 30A. But the one side is not getting power (or very much power), so the devices on that leg do not work.

In most 50A Fleetwood coaches, one a/c and the water heater are on one leg, and maybe a few convenience circuits. Most everything else is on the other leg.

Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote