Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2014, 10:20 PM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3wheeljunkie View Post
A rv guru told me that a shaking at a certain speed means tires
a vibration in the steering wheel is front tires
My coach did the same at 35000 miles . They rotated the tires to the rear vibration went away (Goodyear tires) . If the got you new tires ask for the paperwork. I just remembered that the tire guy ran his hand all over the tire and the right front had a ripple you could see and feel. No vibration when on the back.
Today I spoke to a rep at FCCC (Freightliner Customer Care Center) and they said that could be two problems.
1. Run outs (spell) ; Flat tire areas on the tire and also on the rims, they need to be 180 degrees of each others. The numbers need to be less than 40 thounsand. and;
2. The tires may need to be balance.

Also found out they lied to me when they told me they took the RV to Freightliner twice for warranty work. Well, according to their records its only been there once with only a comment about a vibration around 65mph.

So definetily I think they are lying to me.

Hector
Hector1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2014, 11:31 PM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Dealers have been known to lie... Yes indeed.

As others have said, don't pays your money till the coach is smoooooth.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 07:33 PM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Am done with them, just sent them an email telling them am not interested anymore. Went to another dealer got the 2015 model for the price of the 2014. Am happy now, now let the wait games began with this new dealer. :-)
Old 12-25-2014, 03:41 PM   #32

Good for you Hector. My hats off to you, I hate those pushy sales people. I walk away from sales people who try pushing something down my throat. I enjoy calling them back a few days later to tell them I bought it from another dealer
Old 01-29-2015, 10:23 AM   #33

Hector - where are you located? We are going to do some shopping in AZ this weekend.
RVLola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 07:57 AM   #34

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Am in Georgia, but Arizona is one place I want to stop.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:57 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector1959 View Post
Thanks Clayobx,
Just got back from the other dealer and drove their Excursion 2015, no vibration on that one at all. The 2015 is out of my range for now, but if I have to wait for the 2016 to come out so I can get a nice deal on the 2015 I'll do it. I gave them till the end of the month to fix it. Not sure how much discount to ask for the RV once it goes over the one year old. Its a new unit, but it will be a year soon.
What do you guys think?

Hector
I just bought a 2015 Excursion 33D and was thing the same as you on getting a left over model. FWIW, I got a perfect 2015 for $143,970 plus tax, title and license. I was hoping for $139,900 for a 2014. I think the tear less wear on the tires and fresher batteries, plus the outside TV and frameless windows was worth the extra cash.
Jmills1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 07:36 PM   #36

How about a steering wheel shake in a new 2014 American Coach Revolution. I had one until last week, when Freightliner Dallas diagnosed an improperly mounted tire on the LF. Didn't know you could do that with a tubeless tire, but you can. We had balanced twice, still shook. Finally Freightliner tech with lots of tire experience said there were documented issues with this from the factory. I have big Michelins….Took tire off, remounted, shake is gone, gone, gone. No further balance was needed after remounting, either. Drives live a dream as it should. Freightliner customer service and Fleetwood told me expressly this phenomena (wheel shake) is most assuredly not normal. Don't let anyone tell you it is. Tires can be out of round, out of balance, or just mounted a little off dead center. These will all cause shake. Alignment, not as much. Just need to find the right guy to look at it.
BigOilJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:43 PM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Going to keep a close watch on my new Excursion for any vibration. I felt some the other day, but when I drove over a new road all vibration was gone. Sometime I think is the road, but since I have no experience driving DP i may have to reach for someone with more experience but not from the dealer. I have up the road Freightliner shop I may go there and ask them if they can help me out and inspect it.
Old 02-07-2015, 05:53 AM   #38

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hector you've either got a vibration problem or NOT! You'll feel the road through your steer tires. Most importantly monitor your tire pressure, this is extremely important and can't be emphasized enough. Get a good gauge capable of up to at least 130 psi. Also I would recommend a tire monitor system..TPMS... Use the IRV2 search at the top banner on the subject there are volumes to study on which monitor to purchase. I use TST and am very pleased with the quality and CS. Last but certainly no least find a heavy truck repair and alignment shop. Have them laser align your front AND rear drive tires so they are parallel. You'll be way ahead by deferring the need to buy new tires too soon. Best of luck, enjoy your coach.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 10:38 PM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
Hector you've either got a vibration problem or NOT! You'll feel the road through your steer tires. Most importantly monitor your tire pressure, this is extremely important and can't be emphasized enough. Get a good gauge capable of up to at least 130 psi. Also I would recommend a tire monitor system..TPMS... Use the IRV2 search at the top banner on the subject there are volumes to study on which monitor to purchase. I use TST and am very pleased with the quality and CS. Last but certainly no least find a heavy truck repair and alignment shop. Have them laser align your front AND rear drive tires so they are parallel. You'll be way ahead by deferring the need to buy new tires too soon. Best of luck, enjoy your coach.
Thanks Clayobx,
Will look into all your suggestions. So many different TPMS like; TST 507rv, PAPAGO GSBT500, Garmin, Tire Tech TP7002, etc... wow

I am also learning that almost everything you want to buy for the rv will cost you around $500
Old 02-08-2015, 08:58 AM   #40

Fleetwood Owners Club
Better than a BOAT! BRING OUT ANOTHER THOUSAND!!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote