Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2014, 07:39 AM   #15

I have another twist on EW's. I believe the plans I have owned have helped keep the repairmen honest on at least two occasions. Their insistence on approval and double checking repair requirements has probably saved me from paying for a complete injection pump and replacement of an inverter. In both cases the repair facility insisted on a total replacement of the parts when the warranty company said repair was their approved solution. Those two instances probably saved me the premiums for several years.
vraines is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2014, 11:40 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vraines View Post
I have another twist on EW's. I believe the plans I have owned have helped keep the repairmen honest Their insistence on approval and double checking repair requirements has probably saved me from paying for a complete injection pump and replacement of an inverter.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:39 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Happy with Extended Warranty

When I purchased my used 2007 Southwind 35A in January 2013, I was wondering the same question as I am somewhat handy at fixing things myself. After reviewing multiple posts on IRV2 I did purchase a 4 year Extended Warranty from Wholesale Warranties. Earlier this year I had a problem with one of my jacks and I had a few other items that I wanted serviced (standard maintenance), so I took the RV to a local WorkHorse shop in San Jose. While the RV was in the shop they did a safety test on found the power brake pump system to be defective (I had noticed some noise from it but it was not something that seemed to be defective). The replacement part (from Workhorse) cost over $3,000, Wholesale Warranties inspected the part and agreed that it was defective and covered the cost of the pump and the repair of my right front jack. Over all they covered $3,300 in repairs, I paid the $200 deductible and I still have 2 ˝ years left on my policy which cost me around $2,700 for 4 years. There are a lot of items that can fail on today’s RV’s even some that you do not suspect, over I am very pleased with Extended Warranties.net and very glad that I did get the extended service.
CurtsRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:27 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Buying an extended warranty is no different than throwing down money in Vegas, and you can bet the house (warranty provider) has the odds in their favor. Why else would they sell them? If everyone that bought an extended warranty got the full value out of it there would be no reason for companies to write these policies. It is a for profit business and the only reason to buy one is peace of mind.
macnkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:10 PM   #19

Carolina Campers
I bought my last RV without an EW. The generator replacement was $5K. Then there were other repairs that would have also been covered. Just the coverage for the generator would have more than paid for the EW.

Live and learn, as I say. The upgraded RV I have now is covered for the next 7 years. I have seven years of peace of mind, if nothing else.

BTW, my new RV also had the levelers go out. I called and they replaced not just the motor that burned up, but everything, even the reservoir for the fluid. I was very happy for my warranty. I still have seven more years of peace of mind.
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:16 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
When we got our used 2012 35k last year we got the ew. Have not had to use it. My husband is VERY handy, but thinking about the jacks and slide made both of us very nervous. We are glad we have it.