Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2018, 09:18 AM   #1

Exterior Radio not working - tracing wire

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can assist in identifying or tracing wire for exterior entertain radio on a 2018 Fleetwood Flair 31e.

There are two 12v wires on the radio:

a. 12v+ wire for ignition - red wire (has voltage)
b. 12v+ wire for radio memory - yellow wire (no voltage present)

Both wires need power for the radio to activate.

Problem: radio doesn't power up. No voltage for yellow wire present.

Checks performed:

a. every fuse "visible" checked and tested
b. inline fused on yellow wire checked and tested

Yellow wire that doesn't have power has an inline fused. The fuse is good. The yellow wire leads to a white wire labeled "rad mem". There is no power in this wire and there should be.

I read the schematics...honestly I can't seem to figure it out. I tried tracing the wire as far as I could...there must be some fuse on it that is buried. This is my suspicion.

I'm hoping that someone can assist.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2018, 02:25 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Have you checked that the radio works when both 12v(+) are connected to a good source? Before expending too much energy on tracing the wire, I'd make sure the radio works. A new 12v(+) wire to the radio memory can always be run. It most likely runs to the 12v house batteries and doesn't go through the battery disconnect solenoid. Not sure why the other wire goes to the ignition switch, you wouldn't leave the ignition on ACC to listen to it. That wire should just be connected to the house fuse panel.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 05:40 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Have you checked that the radio works when both 12v(+) are connected to a good source? Before expending too much energy on tracing the wire, I'd make sure the radio works. A new 12v(+) wire to the radio memory can always be run. It most likely runs to the 12v house batteries and doesn't go through the battery disconnect solenoid. Not sure why the other wire goes to the ignition switch, you wouldn't leave the ignition on ACC to listen to it. That wire should just be connected to the house fuse panel.
Thank you for the reply.

Yeah, the radio works perfectly with both 12v +.

I checked every fuse I could see. I was even able to get under the bunks were huge wire harnesses are...tested every fuse...nada.

Tags
radio