Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #1

Flair Owners?

Just curious whether there are any Flair owners on this forum. We have a 22' one from 1993 and it just keeps on running.
Flair-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2012, 04:07 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Welcome to IRV2. You have a lot of Flair owners here that I'm sure will be happy to chat with you.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:22 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Howdy and welcome to the forum, fellow Fleetwood owner!
Old 10-21-2012, 02:22 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Coastal Campers
94 flair 40' here. Inherited from mom and after sitting for 5 years getting it back in shape. Minor issues is all she took great care of it. Made it 3640 miles from oregon to florida with only chassis battery going bad in Alabama. New to RVing but think we are going to love it.
fun4vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:49 AM   #5

Flair Owners

Wow, I didn't know they made a 40' Flair. It amazes me that they put the same engine, a Chevy 454, in all sizes of Flair (or so I understand). Makes our little 22' seem very overpowered.
I think you will enjoy yours, though. It's a pretty basic machine and easy to fix. And Fleetwood's customer service still answers questions when I have them.
Have fun
Old 10-22-2012, 03:09 PM   #6

We've got a 2003 33R we bought in August with about 14,000 miles on it. We've already put nearly 3,000 miles on it just on weekends! It met all of our requirements - features and amenities we needed, low price, low miles, runs great! I thought we might trade it in after a couple of years, but unless we wear it out I don't see any reason to.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Coastal Campers
OOPS to big of fingers and not looking after I type. It is a 30 foot. Guess need to read ofter typing. LOL
fun4vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #8

Just bought a 2000 25Y Flair. Nice to know I'm not alone. Can anyone recommend any good websites about them?
Keith4001r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:14 AM   #9
Community Administrator

I just saw this today at the local Mall. Germany has their own version Flair .

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1856518140.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	462.8 KB
ID:	28377

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:35 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
2004 32' flair owner

Like the title says, 32' 04 flair 8.1 GM 19600 Mi. New to us in Jan '12 it even has original tires yet. I think it had sat idle for four and 1/2 years. we bought it from a dealer and everything works fine on it. but Lic plates under couch were expired in 07 and title was still from original owner.
I know, tires are too old. I'm looking for a Sumitomo dealer here in Vegas but I guess it can wait until just before our next trip.
snows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:40 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith4001r View Post
Just bought a 2000 25Y Flair. Nice to know I'm not alone. Can anyone recommend any good websites about them?
Keith,
I love the 25' Flair. I remember that they made one with a floorplan that included an office space in the extra 3' over the 22'.
I actually thought about starting a Flair website, but never followed through. For repairs, Fleetwood's customer service has been helpful and Good Sam (I think) had a collection of RV salvage yards that is invaluable. When the selector switch on my fridge broke (no longer made or available from Norcold), I sent an e-mail to about 20 RV salvage places and a yard near Sacramento responded with exactly the part I needed on his shelf.
The only major repair we've had to do was a new transmission and that was within 3 years of purchase, so our service insurance covered it. And the local dealer put in the next level up of heavy duty transmission. Beyond that, just minor stuff.
Have fun, Keith (#2)
Old 11-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #12

Hello Flair-22,

My wife and I bought our 28 foot Flair about a year ago. We love the floor plan and it's just great for the two of us. We have only used it three times but each trip was at least 1200 miles, and last April we did a 2200 mile trip down to the Gulf Coast (Mississippi), then over to Tybee Island near Savannah Georgia. I do all my own work (repairs and up-keep) and have done a lot of 'MODs' to make it more personal for us. The only thing I don't like is our Flair doesn't have a generator (it has the start switch and hour gauge on the dash and the power box in the generator housing area) or any awnings; I guess the first owner didn't want them?
Did you ever find a web site for the Fleetwood Flair? Maybe we can get something going for the older/smaller Flairs? If your interested, give me a private message and we can work on it.
C'ya,
ouRVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:42 AM   #13

Going to look @ a 1990 Flair this afternoon does anyone know anything about the transmission, and the engine, and what perhaps we should look for? It's got hefty miles on it 70 thousand but if it's what they are saying it is, it should go for a good long time. Aprreciate your thoughts. Thanks PS she says it's 30' long
buginmyeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:14 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by buginmyeye View Post
Going to look @ a 1990 Flair this afternoon does anyone know anything about the transmission, and the engine, and what perhaps we should look for? It's got hefty miles on it 70 thousand but if it's what they are saying it is, it should go for a good long time. Aprreciate your thoughts. Thanks PS she says it's 30' long
Find a GMC truck mechanic who will go with you for an inspection or get the seller to let you take it to a GMC truck service facility. Check the maintenance records against the maintenance schedule in the owners manuals for the chassis & coach. RV owners are notorious record keepers.
70K miles isn't too bad for a 22 year old RV.
Check the NADA value online.
Good luck.