Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2013, 09:32 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Flat Screen TV - 2000 39Z

Dose anyone have experience with removing both original TVs and installing a new flats screen TVs on a 2000 Fleetwood Bounder 39Z I'm planning on using locking cantilever mounts in both places and would like to know how you handled this and how you filled in the old openings I was thinking of mounting the TVs back in the same spots once they where filled. Any ideas or photos would help. Thank You

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2013, 09:36 AM   #2

Here's a link to a Do-It-Yourself RV repair web site that has some ideas. Good luck.

RV TV Mount Installation Ideas and Resource - Examples and Information

AKJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Flat screen mod vs road rattles

I did the flat screen mod in my previous RV, a 2003 Monaco. I used Samsungs and Vizios and they worked fine. The one piece of advice I offer is use a " fixed position" wall mount vs some kind of folding or articulating mount. I found the less mount you can use the better off you are because the vibrations going down the road will shake and rattle your TV to the point it'll drive you crazy. I used a fixed mounting that could be tipped/angled down where I mounted the TV to the mount THEN screwed the mounting board to the cabinet.
2016 Ford Edge toad
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Mounts

I used a double arm articullating mount for the large front TV and a 'less is better' mount for the rear TV. I chose an articulating mount because I wanted easy access to the area behind the TV.

When we travel the front TV is secured with a couple of nylon straps.

One of the things I learned from a previous RV is that different brands put the mounting holes in different locations. I replaced a Sharp (high $ junk) TV with a Sony and had to re-build the entire mounting system. When we got the Bounter I devised a 'floating' mounting system that can move the mounting point 2-3 inches right/left & up/down.

If you search on my name and TV you'll find the thread from about 2 years ago. I also have a PDF doc I can sent you if you hit me with a PM and your email address.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Replaced both TV's in my 2001 Winnebago Adventurer. Samsung 32" in front, mounted directly to a piece of MDF that was secured to the modified existing TV bracket. 21.5" Samsung in bedroom, mounted to front of modified existing cabinet using a simple slide together wall mount so I can use as an outside TV also or in the spare room at home.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #6

While I haven't done this yet, I am planning too, and so am paying close attention.
I have decided not to use an articualted arm for the very reasons identified above. I strongly doubt that the arm or the cabinet in my Bounder is up to the abuse of the road environment.

I am planning to devise a plywood "cabinet door" to mount a raw panel monitor from the back side. The door will have an opening for the raw panel to project through from the back. The door will be hinged on one side, and latched on the other to offer stability and strength. The door will be openable, and I anticipate it will be trimmed with brick or picture frame molding to pretty it up a little. I am even considering how I might create a gap on the top interface between the door and the cabinet box to allow heat to escape, as I am considering placing my nav computer and audio amplifiers in the space behind the door. I don't intend to place things in this cabinet space that I will need routine access to. I might store the paperwork, service records, and manuals for the house and chassis in their as well.

The raw panel monitor doesn't have a tv tuner. This saves weight and size. We don't watch tv, but we do like to play movies, especially while on the road. I will use a dash mounted dvd player/tuner to drive the monitor. But i have noticed that many of these dvd drivers also have tv tuners. Also, if you have internet connection availible, you could use something like a ROKU device connected to the monitor to watch internet tv such as netflix or hulu, which is precisely how we watch tv now at home.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #7

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-427104723.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	208.1 KB
ID:	38083
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4000439160.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	370.2 KB
ID:	38081   Click image for larger version