Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2014, 11:47 AM   #1

Fleetwood 1993

New to the site so I hope I am not messing up. Someone let me know if I am not doing things exactly right.
I have a 1993 Fleetwood Southwind. The owners manual says something about a main water pump switch. There is a switch on the vent a hood, one in the bathroom and one at the external shower. They are all rocker switches that return when they are pushed. They do not stay in the on position. Where could the main water pump switch be located. I checked the pump motor and it runs fine. Does not run hooked back up. Fuses are good. Thanks to anyone for help.
Badnews is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2014, 01:04 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badnews View Post
New to the site so I hope I am not messing up. Someone let me know if I am not doing things exactly right.
I have a 1993 Fleetwood Southwind. The owners manual says something about a main water pump switch. There is a switch on the vent a hood, one in the bathroom and one at the external shower. They are all rocker switches that return when they are pushed. They do not stay in the on position. Where could the main water pump switch be located. I checked the pump motor and it runs fine. Does not run hooked back up. Fuses are good. Thanks to anyone for help.
Howdy and welcome to iRV2! You are doing it exactly right, and we're glad you found us.

Sounds like you found the water pump switches; they are "rocker" type that return when pushed. As far as I know, there isn't a specific "main" switch since they all operate the same way. (You can turn the pump on or off from any of them.) Your setup may be different, however.

On our Bounder, the switches have a light that glows when the pump is turned on. I'm not a whiz at troubleshooting, so hopefully someone who knows more than I will show up to help you.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:17 PM   #3

Thanks for the help. I had another MH and the switch would stay on. I am just missing something. Again thanks for your reply.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:23 PM   #4

howdy
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 03:04 PM   #5

Yup the switches are working as advertised. Each switch works a latching relay to turn the pump on. This allows pump control from each location so you can start pump in bathroom and turn off pump in kitchen. You say the pump does not run when hooked up? Does the pump run for a second or two and shut off? Have you tried turning on a fauset to see if pump continues to run? If you don't get any pressure from the pump and the motor stops when it tries than you need to check voltage to pump while it's trying. If the voltage drops off then you probably have a resistance in the wiring and connecters to the pump or the relay is defective. If you have good voltage to the pump when it trys to run than a new pump is needed. Hope this helps.
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 07:57 AM   #6

Stink, the pump does run. I can get it to run by applying voltage to the wires that go to the motor. I have 12 volts to the black wire going straight to the motor but cannot get voltage to the red wire that is on the relay on front of the pump. I disconnected the output and made the pump run with a battery charger and held my finger over the output and the pump would shut off. Even when I force it to run with everything hooked up it will not shut off. I adjusted the screw on the front of the pump be that did not help. It just seems that I am not getting a signal from any of the switches. About to run me nutty. I can usually trouble shoot something if I know how it is suppose to work. Thanks for your help. Next step explosives.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:41 PM   #7

Badnews,

Here is a link to the manual for your water pump system. See wiring print on the last page.

http://www.flemingsalesoem.com/intel...5322033100.pdf

Richard
House Husband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:30 AM   #8

Richard, I opened the site you had sent. It was a Go Daddy site that is for sale. Didn't see anything about wiring. Thanks though for the effort.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:29 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badnews View Post
Richard, I opened the site you had sent. It was a Go Daddy site that is for sale. Didn't see anything about wiring. Thanks though for the effort.
Interesting.
I can open the site using Chrome but IE does take me to Go Daddy.
Let me see what I can figure out.
Ahhhhhh, Chrome had it in Que.
Try this link.

http://www.intellitec.com/assets/pdf...-00145-100.pdf

Richard
House Husband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:46 PM   #10

The the my 98 Fleetwood I hit one of the four switches that you described it turns the pump on and the pump will run until it builds up enough pressure and then the pressure relay on the pump shuts the pump off until there is water used. Once you open the valve at the sink to run your water the pump comes back on again until you shut the valve off.

I believe you will find the latching relay that was mentioned earlier under the hood on the drivers side. That relay is operated by the four switches and turns off or on the pressure relay switch on the pressure pump. The pressure relay on the pump turns the pump off when it has reached enough line pressure.

Sounds like the latching relay is not holding closed in the on position.
Check your fuses first.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:20 AM   #11

Guys, thanks for the info. Richard, I did not know about the Controller. I will have to find it and check it out. That sounds like it may be the problem sense I am not getting 12V to the pump switch. Cutis, thanks for the info. I have checked the fuse and it is good. I will do some more digging. Haven't needed the pump but just hate to have something that doesn't work. Talk with you later. Ya'll have a blessed day.
Don

Tags
fleetwood