Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:30 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
We had the same problem with the shower as you are having, along with many other things. Of course, the new Fleetwood Company said it was the old Fleetwood Company at fault. They did honor the warranty and fixed everything. But very frustrating.
On the shower fix, the dealership finally quit listening to Fleetwood on how to fix it and put in a small piece of flexible drain pipe. It took three trys to get that done.
Looks like they have the same quality control as the old Fleetwood, NONE!
Mind you I like the coach and it is getting lots better, I am still glad that I have an extended warranty, I have used it a few times already. Good Luck!

Not a Clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2011, 01:02 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I highly recommend taking it to Decatur for factory service - the techs there are outstanding and they really do good work. It maybe a long trip, but you will feel better for doing it and avoid the hassle of a dealership that may or may not get it fixed right the first time. Or the second.

We bought a new coach (not a Fleetwood that time) in 2002 and listed 37 items at the PDI. Dealer fixed most of them, but within 6 months we had 20 more items, some of them major. We headed to the National RV factory in CA since we were in that region anyway and they got us straightened out after 4 solid days in the shop with techs swarming over it. I was unhappy with the sloppy workmanship but pleased with the service we got. The coach was solid after that, though.

Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:16 PM   #17

We've had some problems with our Newmar Bay Star too. Too many to make me positive about their quality control. Its only 2 months old and I'm continually fiding things wrong come from poor workmanship. From what I read here it seems to be normal for new coaches. If that's true then the industry ought to be ashamed. Detroit used to think they could push any junk on us - then Japan showed it was possible to build a quality car. I've said it before, maybe the Japanese ought to build coaches and import them here. Might get RV builders attention.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:30 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Not a surprise for a new rig. There's always initial bugs to work out. Doesn't sound like anything serious. I had the same kinda things and Fleetwood was very good about taking care of all the items.

I was told someone with a THOR product had a punch list longer than your arm. So I was glad there were only a few minor issues.

2 years later full time, cargo door latches are a problem. I have replaced 3-4 of them. That's about it.

I have not had any serious problems of any kind with this rig:
Fleetwood Providence, 2008, Cummins 8.3 ISC, Allison 3000, Freightliner, GoodYear G670

For a reference: Insured through GEICO RV: Full coverage, 500 deduct:
Cost: $100.00/month

I'm getting 8.5 to 9 mpg towing a Honda 2006 CR-V
Batman_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:35 AM   #19

Send a message via Yahoo to frederick w
I'm keeping my 2000 Fleetwood Flair that I bought used. We lived in it
in May while we looked for a house to rent.

One light bulb went out.

I guess we were lucky. Best wishes to everyone.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:04 AM   #20

Ford Super Duty Owner
we had very few initial issues with our unit (sob)
but what was important is the warranty satisfied
all expectations
good luck and many miles and smiles of enjoyment
brianj
Old 07-15-2011, 10:18 PM   #21

We just went through some of the same problems with our 2010 Fleetwood Fiesta, we love the floor plan on ours but we have been through hell trying to get everything fixed. I am sure that the dealers sell them to you knowing all these things are wrong because they want you to go through warranty to get them fixed, there in lies the rub. I have taken ours in to no less than 5 dealers before we found one that actually helped us get everything done. We are still waiting on our park light replacement. Sounds like you have the same issue we do with the park lights. We had one replaced then realized that the other one wasn't sealed properly. It was holding water. Then after we thought all was fixed we had guest for the night and low and behold the air mattress poured air out of the pump. So now we have a new one on the way. I agree with you quality control is out the window nowadays. Good luck I hope you can get everything fixed soon.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:56 PM   #22

We had quite a few warranty issues with our Fiesta 36T model too. Bought it for the floor plan... now wish we'd purchased a diesel pusher... but live and learn. Like you, we had to have the mattress replaced - and discovered that when our first sleepover guests found themselves laying on the metal bars after 15 minutes of trying to get to sleep on the air mattress!

The most significant issue thus far: Five hours away from home, pulled into the driveway of an RV park... and the thing won't start. Yep - the started was hosed and had to be replaced. $550 dollars later for onsite, nighttime repair... I'm praying we can get Ford or Fleetwood to cover at least in part.

Irritating, and baffling, why a starter would go out... only 6,000 miles on the rig, stored indoors...
Old 10-14-2011, 03:51 PM   #23

I bought two new Newmars,1995 Dutch Star and a 2002 Kountry Star.Dutch Star had a $75 touch-up paint. The Kountry Star had a noisy transfer switch.Thats all folks!
Old 10-15-2011, 08:50 PM   #24

Welcome to the club and the one year warranty sucks. I have a 2008 Discovery 40x. I've had water heater, jacks, air conditioner, washer/dryer, wiring connecter and shower drain leaking problems. You need to learn how to work on these problems your self or you will go broke after the first year. Quality is a joke.........
Old 10-15-2011, 09:11 PM   #25
fsc

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to fsc Send a message via Skype™ to fsc
Believe me, I AM trying to work on learning how to do these things myself. It is outside my comfort zone, but it is surely not the first time I have had to work outside my level of comfort.

For the most part Fleetwood has worked with me on this and most of the problems are being resolved to my satisfaction. And some other things that have developed have been taken care of too. I've met some service people who have helped me out ... And I ask as many questions as I can to learn what and how they did what they did.

By the way, I am pleased with the coach I have and we enjoyed traveling in it for over nine weeks this summer. Almost every problem we have had has been resolved. I still question quality control at Fleetwood, but it sounds like I am not the only one.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:40 AM   #26

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTBOY View Post
Welcome to the club and the one year warranty sucks. I have a 2008 Discovery 40x. I've had water heater, jacks, air conditioner, washer/dryer, wiring connecter and shower drain leaking problems. You need to learn how to work on these problems your self or you will go broke after the first year. Quality is a joke.........
Sounds like Atwood, Powergear/HW, Splendide have been the quality issues unless Fleetwood installed them wrong. The wiring connection and shower drain leak would be on Fleetwood. I've had water leaks and a wire vibrated loose but I chalked that up to usage. It wasn't leaking and the light worked when I bought it. I'm not sure how Fleetwood could have prevented this one leak or this one electrical connection out of hundreds from failing.

I suggest two things, always have a good tool box with you or deep pockets...stuff is going to break.
Elkhartjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:48 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim View Post
Sounds like Atwood, Powergear/HW, Splendide have been the quality issues unless Fleetwood installed them wrong. The wiring connection and shower drain leak would be on Fleetwood. I've had water leaks and a wire vibrated loose but I chalked that up to usage. It wasn't leaking and the light worked when I bought it. I'm not sure how Fleetwood could have prevented this one leak or this one electrical connection out of hundreds from failing.

I suggest two things, always have a good tool box with you or deep pockets...stuff is going to break.
I have a good tool box and the shower leak was due to improper installation. Most of the other problems was due to a 15 wire harness plug that was corroded. My pockets are deep enough......
Old 10-17-2011, 06:19 AM   #28

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Nothing better than a good tool box except of course deep pockets. How else could you stock the tool box with quality "made in the USA" tools.

Elkhartjim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood, quality