RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2015, 08:01 AM   #155

Fleetwood Owners Club
35K water bay heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnB View Post
We're in the Prescott, AZ area and it's been ugly cold temps so having to unhook water every night and I found a 75 watt bulb isn't enough for the water bay to stay above 32 (I keep my fridge thermometer in there). I now use a small heater w/ a thermostat and keep it at a nice 45 in there. I hate cold wx in an rv.... moving to the Phoenix area Friday. By the way, be sure you check your furnace, I found a nice piece of wood laying on mine - from construction no doubt.
BnB, did you put heat in both water bay and supply bay? I hope north FL doesn't duplicate Prescott.

Heavy-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2015, 09:54 AM   #156

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hey BnB, Hope you find some warmer weather down south. Perhaps less problems down there. Jim C

desertrat84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 06:00 AM   #157

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We just traded our 5th wheel toy hauler for a used 2012 35K with 11000 miles on it. We take delivery on Friday. We really like the floor plan and the wife is liking forward to life without the garage.
We'll take a couple of short trips to get everything situated, then we're off to Arizona to see the great-grandson graduate from advanced infantry training. It'll be about 4000 miles round trip so I hope everything works as advertised and I-10 doesn't get too boring.
Fuel mileage was about 6 to 7mpg on the 99 Pace Arrow we had several years ago so I hope it won't be any worse. Mileage pulling the 5er was about 8 with the 2015 Ford F-350 6.7L.
Any tips on things to be aware of would be appreciated.
I'm new to this forum but have been browsing it for awhile. There's some great info from those who've had more experience than we have.
JohnH12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 08:01 AM   #158

If you are not used to the Vacuflush system remember when you flush the toilet hold the flush lever down for 3 seconds every time. Read the manual for the Vacuflush because there are some maintenance items required before you leave it sitting for a prolonged time period. The circuit breaker for the system is behind one of the drawers in the bedroom not easy to find if it ever trips.
Gotta love that floorplan.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 05:18 AM   #159

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Al is correct in highlighting the Vacuflush as something to learn about. It would serve you well to look at posts on here. When you do you will see that the breaker he mentions is in various places....FW kept moving its location during production. In our 2014 it's in the electrical bay....in others it's behind the bedroom drawers. Why you should care is that occasionally the system could require a reset and you need to push the reset button on the breaker. I believe the maintenance he mentions is running soap through the system. We do that regularly for cleaning it regardless of length of downtime.

Glad you are a part of the party! Welcome.

Bill
Bill & Jenny - 2016 Winnebago Itasca Ellipse 42HD, 43 ft, Cummins 8.9 ISL - Blue Ox and SMARTCAR. Once/month traveler in Midwest and (as ofen as possible) Southern US. Home - Nashville, Indiana (Beautiful Brown County)
jwmaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 07:38 PM   #160

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Also important to not slowly release the foot pedal, but to just let it go.
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 06:39 AM   #161

As we have owned our Bounder 35k for less than a year, I am realizing I need to understand the Vacuflush system much better. It's not holding the pressure and the pump runs very often. I have it at a dealer now, who claims they need to remove the back slide to get to the system in order to diagnose where the leak is. FW is trying to walk them through this as FW claims they don't need to remove the slide. The dealer said they do not have a small enough tech to get to the access panel (which IS in a tight spot).

That said, the dealer I'm working with (not where I bought the coach), is a new MH dealer and doesn't have a ton of RV service experience. Unfortunately, I may have to take it to a different dealer to get the Vacuflush system fixed properly. It's under extended warranty with Cornerstone United, however, they are not willing to "commit" to pay until they know what the faulty part is. And, that's after the dealer says it will cost $2k to just diagnose it. Ugggh...
Old 12-11-2015, 07:53 AM   #162

I am attaching a copy of the Vacuflush owners manual. Vinnie if you are anywhere near the Factory Service Center in Decatur Indiana I can highly recommend their work on this system. Lastly there is a troubleshooting guide in the manual that may help you soulve your issues.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf VacuFlush_Toilets_Owner_Manuel.pdf (460.5 KB, 64 views)
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 11:14 AM   #163

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniechains View Post
As we have owned our Bounder 35k for less than a year, I am realizing I need to understand the Vacuflush system much better. It's not holding the pressure and the pump runs very often. I have it at a dealer now, who claims they need to remove the back slide to get to the system in order to diagnose where the leak is. FW is trying to walk them through this as FW claims they don't need to remove the slide. The dealer said they do not have a small enough tech to get to the access panel (which IS in a tight spot).

That said, the dealer I'm working with (not where I bought the coach), is a new MH dealer and doesn't have a ton of RV service experience. Unfortunately, I may have to take it to a different dealer to get the Vacuflush system fixed properly. It's under extended warranty with Cornerstone United, however, they are not willing to "commit" to pay until they know what the faulty part is. And, that's after the dealer says it will cost $2k to just diagnose it. Ugggh...

If the bowl is holding water and there are no leaks at any connections is is typically then always the vacuum switch that tells the pump to run and shut off. The switch is sensitive. I think most operate at 10"negative.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
2005 National Dolphin 6376LX, W-24, 8.1 Vortec, 2100 Allison MH 5 speed, Safe T Plus, Toyo tires, TireSafeGuard TPMS, 2019 Equinox 1.5L, Blue OX Aventa LX tow bar, Roadmaster EZ5 baseplate, SMI Stay-In-Play Duo
tmw188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 02:23 PM   #164

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We stopped at Ancira RV in Alvarado and looked at a new 35K (I was looking at a used Challenger 37KT at MHSRV for curiosity) and I really liked it better than the one we looked at a couple years ago, the tank monitors are above the door in a nice cabinet and I really liked it more than I thought a couple years ago. The only thing I didn't care for was the access to the basement doors when the main salon slide is out, makes it impossible to reach under that big slide without being a back bender for me.

I REALLY liked the Southwind 32VS and the 34A. They have the basement doors on the main galley/living slideout as one unit. While that configuration decreases the pass-through storage in the basement, it makes that area a whole lot easier accessible. My Storm has that same feature.

Beautiful new coaches for sure, any of them are sure a wonderful upgrade for me! Won't be happening for a while though. But at least I can look and wish!
Lincolnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 02:46 PM   #165

We preferred the pass-thru space and that was one of the driving forces for us to order a Bounder 33C.
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 09:42 PM   #166

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
A good vacuflush post

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
I am attaching a copy of the Vacuflush owners manual. Vinnie if you are anywhere near the Factory Service Center in Decatur Indiana I can highly recommend their work on this system. Lastly there is a troubleshooting guide in the manual that may help you soulve your issues.
Here is a good Vacuflush posting:

Black Water Issue
Bill & Jenny - 2016 Winnebago Itasca Ellipse 42HD, 43 ft, Cummins 8.9 ISL - Blue Ox and SMARTCAR. Once/month traveler in Midwest and (as ofen as possible) Southern US. Home - Nashville, Indiana (Beautiful Brown County)
jwmaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 05:34 AM   #167

Fleetwood Owners Club
Factory Service Center. "TAKE IT"

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
Vinnie, this is the best advice you'll ever receive. Unfortunately the dealer will create more issues than you can afford. Take it from one that's learned the hard way.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 06:18 AM   #168

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
If the bowl is holding water and there are no leaks at any connections is is typically then always the vacuum switch that tells the pump to run and shut off. The switch is sensitive. I think most operate at 10"negative.

Does it pull any vacuum at all? Will it flush soon after pulling a vacuum? The bellows or the seals on the bellows could be worn. It's a little nasty but you can rebuild it or send it off and have it done. I'll try to find the guys number I sent one off for a rebuild for a boat. I also mad a vacuum gauge tester to actually set down in the bowl and it shows it pulling a vacuum while it is running. There are usually rubber check valves on both sides of the pump that could be bad. Nick named duck bills.

2005 National Dolphin 6376LX, W-24, 8.1 Vortec, 2100 Allison MH 5 speed, Safe T Plus, Toyo tires, TireSafeGuard TPMS, 2019 Equinox 1.5L, Blue OX Aventa LX tow bar, Roadmaster EZ5 baseplate, SMI Stay-In-Play Duo
tmw188 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder, fleetwood