Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2015, 05:03 PM   #85
BnB

Ford Super Duty Owner
Very Happy 2015 / 35K

It's been almost a month since we moved out of our Mobile Suite into the Bounder. We have been very impressed with the fit and finish on this little MH. Prefect? Ha! not on this side of enterity...but FW is making a good effort at a good product.
We took our after market shower head w/ us when we moved among other things like our select comfort bed. One of our favorite things about the 35K is the great shower - a third bigger then our MS. Same hot/cold knobs as the MS - which I did replace after it broke.
We have made our appointment at the factory to have the little things addressed - learned along time ago, don't waste your time or patience sitting at any dealer location........ even the good ones aren't very good IMHO.
Whoever it was having the dificult time buying a 2014 that had been on the lot awhile, we had a similar situation a few months ago trying to buy a 2014 Expedition that had been on the lot for over a year. Well, it had been to a lot of shows and because salesmen (someone said 'Oxygen thieves' that's mean yet amusing) don't treat these things very well we had quite a list of repairs and make new stuff. When it came to closing day, the RV wasn't ready and I was standing there with $190,000 in my hand ........ Oh I walked away... they didn't seem to care I think they thought it was my fault.... whatever. So Lesson...... never buy a new one that has been around awhile. The Bounder had only been on the lot for a week when we bought it - it was clean (mostly) and not beat up and a whole bunch cheaper.. No complaints - Very Happy.
BnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2015, 03:30 AM   #86

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We ordered our 2015 Bounder 35K from the factory and had only two issues with it when it arrived. One was a coax cable that was binding and preventing the roof top antenna from turning and the other was some over-looked sealing around the cockpit side windows. Both were promptly repaired by the dealer. Also had a devil of time finding where they hid the valve for the refrigerator ice maker. After a call to Customer Service and them making inquiries ion the production floor, I was directed to the cold water line under the kitchen sink and behind the panel just behind the P-Trap. Have to reach over at that point and feel around for it; but, sure enough, there it was. One twist and we are producing ice. Love our 35K and really happy that we went with the Fleetwood after months of research and hunting.
lfdeluca2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:35 PM   #87

Just a heads up I now have our 35K home from the dealer. Some of our issues were fixed and some wern't. The shower is the same as it was on our initial outing. We're planning on going to the Fleetwood 65th event at the factory and we'll be trying to arrange getting our unresolved issues taken care of while there. I initially asked if the dash radio on a 2014 35K has a USB port. Well yes and no. There is no port on the faceplate but there is a port on the backside of the radio. I just finished putting a USB extension cord in the rear port and can report that I can now listen to music from a thumb drive.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 10:46 PM   #88

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
factory work

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
Just a heads up I now have our 35K home from the dealer. Some of our issues were fixed and some wern't. The shower is the same as it was on our initial outing. We're planning on going to the Fleetwood 65th event at the factory and we'll be trying to arrange getting our unresolved issues taken care of while there. I initially asked if the dash radio on a 2014 35K has a USB port. Well yes and no. There is no port on the faceplate but there is a port on the backside of the radio. I just finished putting a USB extension cord in the rear port and can report that I can now listen to music from a thumb drive.
So my advice would be to give the guys at FW plenty of advance notice when you go for the work. If you do I can say that they definitely will try their hardest to fix anything you come up with!
Old 06-02-2015, 03:32 PM   #89

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
One of our discoveries with our 2015 Bounder 35K was that the Samsung refrigerator has no travel latches! Instead the doors are secured for travel using a "T strap" Learned about that after calling Fleetwood. One was not provided with our rig when it came from the factory but Fleetwood sent one out immediately. Very impressed with the phone support and customer service.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:33 PM   #90

Fleetwood Owners Club
Samsung freezer door opening while driving

We have been enjoying our 2015 Fleetwood Bounder 35K but was surprised when the Samsung home style frig. freezer door flew open on a cloverleaf. After multiple incidents I fixed the problem for less than $5. I used 2 "footman loops" and nylon strap. I have not learned to attach a picture in my threads yet or I would include one. Any suggestions?
Heavy-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 09:53 PM   #91

Fleetwood Owners Club
Little paper clip above the text window, choose file, upload, scroll down to close the window, preview, post. when "replying" click the go advanced button, same procedure
Xeena(German Shepard)
brian-nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 10:04 PM   #92

Fleetwood Owners Club
Fleetwood Bounder refrig/freezer restraint

Here are pictures of my freezer restraint method.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1024.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	347.7 KB
ID:	96164   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1022.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	428.1 KB
ID:	96165  

Old 06-03-2015, 11:49 PM   #93

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ours has an oxygenics as well but still is super cold after having the cutoff bottom pushed and you still need to only barely Crack the cold water. Still not sure what the problem is.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:30 AM   #94

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Heavy 13 did you use wood screws or rivets to send the footman's loops?
Old 06-05-2015, 08:38 PM   #95

Fleetwood Owners Club
Wood screws.
Old 07-20-2015, 05:34 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
Thanks Sara
The Pops are visible area in the wood finish that show there is a screw or something is underneath the surface. Its is very noticeable when first entering the coach. I can't see getting the 45 dgr adapter for something that should line up from the factory. Both issues were noticed by me prior to signing and mentioned to the oxygen thief saleman so naturally nothing was done to address them prior to my arrival. If I had not arranged to have the motorcycle carrier moved from my FR3 to the Bounder prior to delivery I most likely would have driven the FR3 home. Now on the positive side the Bounder is light years better traveling down the road it really drives well.
I have the same complaint with the black/grey tank compartment hole not lining up well. Would love to know if there's an adapter people are using on the 35K that I can leave on it. You have to be so careful with it now.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:54 PM   #97

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
What we do is use two clear plastic elbows over to the wiring exit hole. One elbow on all the time and just add a second when dumping.
Old 07-20-2015, 09:01 PM   #98

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Also I know it sounds odd but for full hookup I can use a garden hose for the sewer drain. The Vacuflush does a good job as a macerator in the 35K.

Tags
bounder, fleetwood