Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2011, 10:16 PM   #1

Fleetwood computers are down?

Our motorhome was distroyed in a road hazard of a sleeping bag that was tied with a bungy cord. Needless to say because of the traffic and everyone swerving around it to avoid it landed right in front and there was no other choice but to run over it. Needless to say it distroyed "everything" underneath it. We had to have it towed to a yard in Phoenix for repair. They say they have not been able to get a final number for repair to our insurance because they have been waiting to get a price on a Wire Harness from Fleetwood. Fleetwood told them over a week ago their computers were down and there was nothing they could do until the computers were up. Well as of today Fleetwoods computers are still down and NO ONE can get part information. They also told the repair shop even if they did get the computers up there was no garantee they would have the part. It could end up a special order and could take up to 6 to 8 MONTHS to make it.

Has anyone had this same trouble and should I believe that Fleetwood's computers are still down or do you think they are going out of business? Does anyone know where we could go to find this part other than Fleetwood themselves? My insurance company has been waiting now for 3 weeks for an answer and we are now going on 4. The way things are going I guess I am going to have to cancel all of my trips this year if Fleetwood does not make the parts.
southwestrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2011, 10:50 PM   #2

Not sure I understand what happened. How did a sleeping bag with a bungee do all that damage? Or did you swerve and hit something. You could always get the harness from them and a drawing and have a harness company make one or make it yourself. I work for a transit Purchasing company and we buy that sort of thing all the time. All you need is the specs. There is a company in San Jose California called Elmec that makes harnesses. I can probably get you some more companies if you want. Good Luck anyways but I would not wait 6 8 months for fleetwood.

Here is a link to a company that even does RV harnesses. http://www.wiretechltd.com/index.html

And Another http://discountcablesusa.com/cables131.html
Old 04-12-2011, 11:09 PM   #3

Sorry to hear about the problem you have. Coincidentaly, I called Fleetwood today to check on a 2003 part for our Revolution, and I was told the computers were down. The lady was very pleasant and assured me she would call when she could obtain the info. She took down all the necessary i.d. data and stuff and did not indicate at all that there would be an extended wait involved. Based upon your comments, however, maybe it will be awhile. I remember some years ago when my employer had a major parts distribution change, including new computer systems, it took a VERY long time for the bugs to be worked out. Perhaps that is what Fleetwood is doing....I just don't know.
HeapBigEngin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:44 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Our motorhome was distroyed in a road hazard of a sleeping bag that was tied with a bungy cord
First off in the end I hope no one was hurt!
Secondly I'd like to hear a little more how a sleeping bag did this damage?
I ran over a deer carcass in the middle of I-95 outside of Baltimore sometime ago and I must say it was a good sized deer, my coach cruised away undamaged except for a little deer splatter.

I hope you get what you need and get back on the road........
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:39 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Cliff,

I am beginning to think you have a big black cloud following you around. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Daniel
Old 04-13-2011, 03:40 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Was there something big inside that sleeping bag?
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:37 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Fleetwood told me the same thing last week, lady was very nice.
Lakeman1 is offline   Reply With Quote