Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2017, 03:49 PM   #1

Fleetwood Disco. Loss of level with time.

So...I use the auto level function of my 2015 discovery 40g. Works fine by my leveling app on cell phone and physical bubble level.

Put slides out etc...is fine for a day or so then the passenger side begins a slow sinking process. End up sleeping on our heads in the master bedroom. Not ideal for my reflux ;')

I can restart coach, clean up coach, put slides back in and level again but that's painful and not ideal for coach as it has to be running to level and operate slides.

Ideas?
CoRTeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2017, 05:03 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
When you refer to "sinking", are you talking about the pad sinking into the soft earth or the ram not maintaining the level. If you find yourself sinking into soft ground, place lumber larger than your pads, I carry several pieces of 2x12" and 16x16" pieces of 3/4" plywood for this purpose, under your pads when you level or get larger pads. If the sinking is due to rams retracting the valves are not closing or there is a leak in the hose and probably needs replacement.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:53 PM   #3

Don't think it's the pads sinking as it occurs on asphalt or concrete as well as gravel.

Not sure about a leak either as the hydraulic fluid level has not changed in more than 6 months

I'll get under and check for leaks tomorrow though.

I'll mark the hydraulic jacks after my next level to see if they are retracting with time.

Thank you.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:57 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Guess I'd have to vote for a leaking valve. The fluid is not leaking out of system but is leaking past the closed valve. The valves would be located next to the hydrolytic pump.
paddler1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 06:31 PM   #5

I don't know the working detail on the leveling system, but what you describe is a leaking jack valve, or possibly two.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:29 PM   #6

My coach does the same thing. One of these days I will remove the valves and either repair or replace. But in the mean time, I simply turn on the leveler and set it into manual mode and and bump the left side up a tad. I don't bring in the slides or even start the engine for that very small adjustment.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:31 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to CapnDean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
My coach does the same thing. One of these days I will remove the valves and either repair or replace. But in the mean time, I simply turn on the leveler and set it into manual mode and and bump the left side up a tad. I don't bring in the slides or even start the engine for that very small adjustment.

What he said
CapnDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 01:40 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Our jacks on the Discovery will not work/run unless the engine is ON due to not enough voltage. Low Voltage light comes on, engine off.
You probably have a bad solenoid valve leaking back at the pump, since level is staying up. There are 2 total. 1 for ea rear jack. Only 1 should be bad.
It's a job done with all the jacks up, no weight on them.
Old 06-08-2017, 02:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta48 View Post
Our jacks on the Discovery will not work/run unless the engine is ON due to not enough voltage. Low Voltage light comes on, engine off.
You probably have a bad solenoid valve leaking back at the pump, since level is staying up. There are 2 total. 1 for ea rear jack. Only 1 should be bad.
It's a job done with all the jacks up, no weight on them.
Yup,

My slides and jacks require starting the engine. Huge Bummer to stress out engine just to bump up to level every 24 to 48 hours.

Sadly mine has done this since new. Although has gotten more annoying lately.

I'll climb under and replace front left and right solenoids and cross fingers.

Thank yall for the help!
Old 06-08-2017, 03:04 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Like you I hate starting unless it is really necessary. Had to relevel on soft gravel, asphalt, wife does not like angles were on, put slides in and out, sitting too long and testing systems.
Sometimes we just can't get it level especially on manual. I have had it level better on auto, but I dont like the way it does it, too much shifting.
Old 06-08-2017, 03:31 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRTeX View Post
Yup,

My slides and jacks require starting the engine. Huge Bummer to stress out engine just to bump up to level every 24 to 48 hours.

Sadly mine has done this since new. Although has gotten more annoying lately.

I'll climb under and replace front left and right solenoids and cross fingers.

Thank yall for the help!
I don't know what coach and/or stabilizing system you have, but on my Power Gear system there are 4 solenoids. Left Rear, Right rear, Front(both front legs are hydraulically tied together) and a Dump Solenoid. I can get access to the solenoids through the rearmost passenger side compartment. I just turn the key on but not start the engine if I just need to "bump" the jacks a little bit. There hasn't been a problem with low voltage as of yet.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood