RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Products Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2019, 08:42 PM   #1

Fleetwood Excursion 2013 Big Slide Issues

Just purchased this rig 2weeks ago. The dealer replaced both motors on the big slide. It worked ok when we used it at dealer and first week of traveling every night. Spent a long week in Vegas and when we went to leave one side moved before the other. When it slid in the front end was still out about 4 or 5 inches and the upper locks will not engage. I made a jumper and hooked to front slid motor and it did pull in flush but the locks will still not engage. Im guessing that the computer is telling it not to engage locks because thinks it is not closed. Is there a way to reset stops.

farmer4ia is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2019, 09:54 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
The to the two metal arms that come out at the top of the 'big' slide when it is in, have nothing to do with securing the slide. They help to stabilize it when going down the road. The slide is held in place by the motors.

Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 05:52 PM   #3

Search the forum about syncing the motors. I've read about it but don't know how.

The two lock arms at the top of the slide secures the top of the slide. The entire slide is attached only at the ends of the three extension arms at the bottom outside of the slide. This maintains position of the bottom of the slide. The top of the slide can easily lean out during a hard right turn due to centrifugal force if the lock arms aren't locked. What do you think they put them in there for.
Consider your big slide setting lengthwise in the bed of a big truck, no tiedowns on it to keep it upright, how much of a corner do think it would take to upset it? Without those locks, it's about the same in the coach. It won't come out of the coach because it's attached to the extension arms and has an interior flange that fits against the inside wall, but why take the chance.
Actually you could go ahead and drive it, just be aware of what could happen if you make a moderate right hand turn.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:42 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
It takes a special piece of equipment to synchronize the motors on the FWS, only certain dealers have it, it's called a Teach Pendant. The information in post #3 is incorrect regarding the arms at the top of the slide.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:46 PM   #5

Would be interesting to know what you think the difference is between "securing" or "stabilizing" the top of the slide. Those lock arms are there to keep the top of the slide in place after the lower arms have pulled it in, secured or stabilized, either one does the job.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:47 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
My information is verbatim from the factory. The arms will stabilize, but will not hold the slide in.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
My information is verbatim from the factory. The arms will stabilize, but will not hold the slide in.
Can't argue with that.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:02 PM   #8

I had this problem. I hit the reset on PCB board. And never had problem again.

There are two resets. If you like I can look what one it was. I marked it on board.

BE VERY carful running slide. My rear ran out more then it should and cracked bedroom wall. Lucky nothing happened outside.
fairway2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 04:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post

They will hold the slide in if they donít get out of the way when opening slide.

Tags
fleetwood, slide