Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2019, 06:26 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Question Fleetwood Factory?

We have an appointment at the Decatur Fleetwood Factory the first Monday in May. We plan on going the Sunday before and spending the night at their "plug-in" facility. We know we'll probably have to leave our 2003 Providence with them for a few days for the repairs, so we're bringing our truck to enable us to drive home, then return later that week. What advice can any of you offer on staying overnight at their facility? Do they have on site showers available? We have the first appt. of the day.....7:00 a.m. We've been to their Decatur facility before for a tour, but never for repairs.

We're having them adjust/fix one of the slides, as well as checking the air conditioning units, which are SUPPOSED to have heat pumps, according to the thermostat. If we're also thinking of replacing all of the tires, which are now about 10 years old, and the patio awning, which is the original fiberglass awning, should we do that there or once we get home? As always, we appreciate any and ALL advice you may have to offer.
Born2RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2019, 09:27 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2RV View Post
We have the first appt. of the day.....7:00 a.m.
Yeah, you and everyone else on the lot.

No showers, but they have a nice laundry facility. Every time I've been there I've been able to stay in the coach while they worked. But it's been over a year since I've been there and I wouldn't be surprised if they changed that policy.

Nice lot with 50 amp pedestals, but the asphalt is soft so use pads.
Deep Water D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 11:54 AM   #3

Just stayed there in March.
You get 50 amp service, no outside wifi, and a dump station on site.
They will pull your coach out of the service area at night if you are staying in it.
The lounge inside is very comfortable, with restrooms, no showers, coffee, a free laundry and good wifi in the building.
Good restaurants in the immediate area (Back 40 buffet).
There were 12-15 other coaches in the lot when we stayed in March.
If they say 7:00 am, be ready, because they will knock on your door at 7:00 am.
Jim.B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 05:19 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Smile Who to take first?

Do you find that they take the NEW, Warranty work, coaches first? And leave us "older coaches" until last? We're thinking we may have to leave the motorhome and drive home.....then come back a couple days later to get it. We're only a few hours away.
Old 04-27-2019, 12:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2RV View Post
Do you find that they take the NEW, Warranty work, coaches first? And leave us "older coaches" until last? We're thinking we may have to leave the motorhome and drive home.....then come back a couple days later to get it. We're only a few hours away.
If you have an appointment you're golden. If not, and you're not under warranty, pack a lunch. Or ten.
Deep Water D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 04:14 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you have an appointment, stay with the coach! Leaving a unattended coach at any dealership or manufacturer is giving them permission to work on it when time is available. I watched a in-warranty couple do that while we were getting repairs. Two weeks later, their coach was still waiting to go into the shop, meanwhile, we were repaired and long gone.
paddler1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 10:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddler1954 View Post
If you have an appointment, stay with the coach! Leaving a unattended coach at any dealership or manufacturer is giving them permission to work on it when time is available. I watched a in-warranty couple do that while we were getting repairs. Two weeks later, their coach was still waiting to go into the shop, meanwhile, we were repaired and long gone.
Fleetwood's Service Centre is not a dealership.
It does not work that way at Fleetwood's Service facility in Decatur.
Book your appointment (could be up to 3 months out) show up and they take it at the predetermined time.
Arrive with no appointment and wait for an opening.
Yes, it may take more than 1 day to complete the work, but they will give you a heads up at the beginning, unlike a typical dealership.
Old 04-27-2019, 10:41 PM   #8

As some of you seem to have been there or are going soon, does anyone know the phone number to call first to see when appointments are available, and then to possibly schedule one? Also if you've got it, what is the physical address too I would appreciate it? Thanks in advance!
AZ RV'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 05:30 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thank you for all of the advice! We will plan on staying with the coach.
Old 04-28-2019, 07:22 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ RV'r View Post
As some of you seem to have been there or are going soon, does anyone know the phone number to call first to see when appointments are available, and then to possibly schedule one? Also if you've got it, what is the physical address too I would appreciate it? Thanks in advance!
The Service Centre is at: 1420 Patterson St, Decatur, IN
1 (800) 509-3417‬
Check out fleetwoodrv.com
They offer free overnight RV parking for approx. 40 vehicles with 50 amp service and have an excellent customer lounge while waiting.
The factory tour is excellent, call ahead to book.
Restaurants within walking distance, but no local taxi service.
Old 04-28-2019, 11:12 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We were at Decatur having our first year's warranty punch list sorted when another couple with an appointment dropped off their rig for its first year punch list repairs. We were done in 4 days, the other couple's rig sat for two weeks.

After numerous phone calls to the service adviser and seeing no action taken place on their rig they returned to Decatur. REV moved their coach back out to the front parking lot, they moved in and the next day it went in for their warranty repair service, which took 5 days to complete. So yes, if you leave your coach, you are at the mercy of REVs work schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim.B1 View Post
Fleetwood's Service Centre is not a dealership.
It does not work that way at Fleetwood's Service facility in Decatur.
Book your appointment (could be up to 3 months out) show up and they take it at the predetermined time.
Arrive with no appointment and wait for an opening.
Yes, it may take more than 1 day to complete the work, but they will give you a heads up at the beginning, unlike a typical dealership.
Old 04-28-2019, 11:23 AM   #12

I have left my coach at the the factory a few times and never had any issues with getting the work done in a timely manor. I live 2 ish hours away and it was usually easier to drop off and pick up when completed, never a issue.

It has been a few years since I had the coach and also visited the service facility, I do know that some service writers were much better then others.
NC25T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 04:52 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
When we were there, the senior service writer had retired. REV made the decision that two service writers were all that was needed. So the two remaining CSRs were slammed. Folks who dropped off were the easiest to postpone. I don't know if this issue still persists.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:12 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Smile Factory

I guess we'll find out! I'll report back afterwards. We live about three hours away, so we really don't want to spend more than one night there. We'll take it Sunday afternoon so we'll be there at 7:00 a.m. for our Monday appointment, and then stay with it for most of the day on Monday. We'll come home Monday evening and hope for the best. Thank you for all of the advice! It's much appreciated!!

Tags
fleetwood