RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2015, 05:11 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajunT View Post
Dennis,
We are waiting in the lot right now for them to return the MH. This is day 9. The parking lot is more than adequate. Get to visit with lots of MH owners and trade sob stories about our dysfunctional RVs.
The living room slide screech ended up being a big deal. Fleetwood put us in a hotel room for 3 nights while removed the box(slide ) and did a repair. It screeches no more. I suggest you mention the noise to them.
They did a water test to make sure the hatches were no longer leaking. They were not. But during the test the bedroom slide or window or something leaked and soaked the mattress. We have asked for a new mattress.
Our team is great and eager to fix all issues.
We got in yesterday (Sunday) afternoon with no appointment, and by 1:00, our Discovery was taken back. They were very thorough with their questions and sympathetic to our screeching, leaking slides. We had planned all along to stay in a hotel because we have two small dogs and I have some physical issues, so the hotel is just easier. DH travels a lot for work, so we had points to spare. It's been helpful to follow your problems and it gave us peace of mind as we made our way up here. Perhaps we will meet you before all this is said and done! And, thank goodness for this 70 degree weather!

lsw9658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2015, 07:40 AM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajunT View Post
Dennis,
We are waiting in the lot right now for them to return the MH. This is day 9. The parking lot is more than adequate. Get to visit with lots of MH owners and trade sob stories about our dysfunctional RVs.
The living room slide screech ended up being a big deal. Fleetwood put us in a hotel room for 3 nights while removed the box(slide ) and did a repair. It screeches no more. I suggest you mention the noise to them.
They did a water test to make sure the hatches were no longer leaking. They were not. But during the test the bedroom slide or window or something leaked and soaked the mattress. We have asked for a new mattress.
Our team is great and eager to fix all issues.
Do you guys know if there is a rental car company in Decatur? Like enterprise or Hertz or budget?

Fleetwood Bounder 35K 2016, Ford V-10, F53(2015 chassis),RayZor HD, Wineguard Dish SAT, Roadmaster -- steering Stabilizer, Front & rear Sway Bars, SCT 5 Star tuner, Tireminder TM66 TPMS, Banks Ram Air intake, EZE Tow Dolly
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 10:32 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Dean View Post
Do you guys know if there is a rental car company in Decatur? Like enterprise or Hertz or budget?
So far, the closest thing I've found is in Ft Wayne (about 20 miles).
Old 11-03-2015, 11:33 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
They gave us a name at the office there - someone in Decatur.
Bill & Jenny - 2016 Winnebago Itasca Ellipse 42HD, 43 ft, Cummins 8.9 ISL - Blue Ox and SMARTCAR. Once/month traveler in Midwest and (as ofen as possible) Southern US. Home - Nashville, Indiana (Beautiful Brown County)
jwmaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 04:42 AM   #33

X2 on the local guy. $30.00 a day. Folks we spoke to were very satisfied. As of now, we are the only Excursion in the parking lot, drop by.
Sherry
kajunT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 02:44 PM   #34

Just finished day 3 and they told us they had a small issue to finish and we would be done. However, as they were closing up for the day and pulled in the slides, they found that the seals on the full wall slide needed to be replaced (water sitting on the slide topper went inside the coach). So, another day. But, we couldn't be more pleased with the team. They are so polite and tidy(!), and they keep us updated on everything. We will see what tomorrow brings!
Fulltime and loving it!
Old 11-05-2015, 07:08 AM   #35

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsw9658 View Post
Just finished day 3 and they told us they had a small issue to finish and we would be done. However, as they were closing up for the day and pulled in the slides, they found that the seals on the full wall slide needed to be replaced (water sitting on the slide topper went inside the coach). So, another day. But, we couldn't be more pleased with the team. They are so polite and tidy(!), and they keep us updated on everything. We will see what tomorrow brings!
good to hear, I think I might call my rep today and see if I can move my appointment up. Seems like a great time to get stuff done!!
Fleetwood Bounder 35K 2016, Ford V-10, F53(2015 chassis),RayZor HD, Wineguard Dish SAT, Roadmaster -- steering Stabilizer, Front & rear Sway Bars, SCT 5 Star tuner, Tireminder TM66 TPMS, Banks Ram Air intake, EZE Tow Dolly
Old 11-05-2015, 02:46 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Dean View Post
good to hear, I think I might call my rep today and see if I can move my appointment up. Seems like a great time to get stuff done!!
We are on the road, headed back to Florida! I noticed survey flags in the parking lot and I asked about them. Apparently, big improvements are planned for where we all park our rigs. There will be a nice customer lounge, along with a laundry. There will be less spaces (down to 40-45). Sounds like it will be nice.
Old 11-13-2015, 09:38 AM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
Decatur Service Facility

Regarding the flags in the parking lot; you are correct there will be changes in the location. There are picture boards in the current customer lounge that show the layout of the new campground. It will be more like a conventional park, angled sites. A nice customer lounge and laundry as mentioned previously. There are cones in the current lot for soil boring locations. One of the staff said most work will begin next year.

As all have stated, the staff are outstanding, helpful and care about fixing your RV right the first time.
Heavy-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 10:53 AM   #38

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I will give an update when I get there in February !!! LOL With my new Banks ram air intake and 5 star updated tune

Tags
cat, fleetwood, service