Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2015, 11:22 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
We bought our Flair in June and Pull a Mini Cooper on a tow dolly. No issues to date. Couldn't be happier. When we bought the Flair we had no experience camping and had no clue if we would even like the life. Wanted something small and affordable. Works for us. Wife is happy and if she is happy, everyone is happy. Camping is our new favorite past time. Hope this helps��
Frogdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2015, 11:49 AM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I bought my new Bounder in Aug and have been very pleased with Fleetwood. I cannot address past Fleetwood issues but so far I have called the factory several times and they have looked up any questions I have had by my VIN and given good answers. I did a lot of research on several manufactures and if you take out the Ford v-10, F53 chassis equation because almost every manufacture is using that set up for a gas RV, then you have the other parts of the coach. Fleetwood is using pure sine 1000-2000 watt inverters, Sony and LG electronics, energy power management systems, larger fresh water and black/grey tanks, Better cabinet and storage, Flexsteel furniture and over all quality manufacturing techniques. I would recommend them. I am not sure what all the amenities are for the Flair/Storm but I know Fleetwood has improved the overall quality of the Gas entry coach quite a bit in the last 3 -4 years.
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 03:15 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Very helpfull reviews.
Old 10-25-2015, 08:34 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
For those that wanted to know, I am pretty much settled on the Storm 28MS. There are not a lot of these available but finally pent a few hours pouring over a lightly used 2014 unit (2200 miles). Interesting story, guy and his wife bought it as a first MH. Shortly after arriving home with it, his daughter announced she was pregnant and grandma was going to be the designated babysitter. They took one two day camping trip and loved it but after putting it back in the storage building, inside, they never got it back out for over a year. Drove it back to the dealer and sold it to them.

Strange tale, but no reason not to believe it.

Took it for a drive and specifically tole the dealer I wanted some country roads and interstate. Once over the initial shock of the width of the cabin I found that it drove a little better than my 29' class c. I purposely showed a little so I could be passed by a semi and had no push at all. To be honest not all semi's give me push in the class c either but most do. It was a windy day and I could feel the need to put a touch or wheel into the wind but not overly so. I had no problem holding a good line driving although that big steering wheel it quite different than I am used to. I did notice that the extra height gave me a sense that we were going slower than we really were. This was most noticeable in that I tended to brake a little later than I should.

They made a good offer for my trade but I told them I needed till Tuesday to give them my decision. That's just how I roll, I try to take time to make my decisions. I am also contemplating just going new with a 2016. I have pricing from a second dealer for a 2016 and the added cost is around $9000.

This would give me full warranty and all. Best I can tell the difference between the 14 and 16 are as follows:

• The cargo doors swing side to side rather than being hinged at the bottom ( I like this as all doors have a gas strut on them)
  • There is no rear (small) cargo door for the rear cargo area only left and right (the small door helps when maneuvering large items into and our of the rear cargo bay, not sure removing it is a good idea)
  • The rear is now a full fiberglass cap like the bigger motor homes ( I think this is an improvement for keeping water out)
  • All the water connections are in a bay with the electric. Noting connects outside ( I like this feature)
  • There is no rear bumper (not sure if I like this)
  • All LED lamps inside ( I like this)
  • Exterior Stereo (nice to have but not that important to me)
  • Exterior TV (not important to me)
  • Six speed tranny on the chassis
The 14 is fine for our use, but the 16 would hold value longer. I just don't know what that is worth.

Thoughts?
tim myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 07:52 AM   #19

Tim
The minute you drive that new unit away from the dealer the difference in value will disappear. What you would have is access to the Fleetwood factory service center for warranty purposes with the 2016. I bought a new leftover 2014 and the majority of the issues I am having with it are a result of it sitting on the dealers lot for over a year. Fleetwood has been very responsive to addressing all my issues. I would look over that 2014 with a microscope before buying it. I am attaching the pre delivery checklist I use, hopefully you may find it usefull. Also the Storm has the short beds that may be an issues depending on your size, be a pity to get a new coach and find out the beds are too small.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PDI Checklist.pdf (75.0 KB, 130 views)
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:05 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Thank you so much for the tip on the bed. I am 5'-10 and my wife is 5'-7 so we should be ok.

I will go over your check list, again thank you.

I spoke to the dealer and they offered to provide a 12 month extended warranty (I am sure 3rd party) for $890 stating it would cost $2890 and they were picking up $2000 of it. I am thinking they can pick it all up. There is only 2000 miles on the coach so it hasn't been really tested yet.

Also turns out this was a year end 14 which has been titled as a 15. Ownership was 9/4/14 so coach warranty just ran out.
Old 10-27-2015, 01:24 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
I pulled the trigger today on a 2015 Fleetwood Storm 28MS. Will pick up the weekend of 11/7

Since I am the first to say Pics or it didn't happen, here you go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0598.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	110494  
Old 10-27-2015, 01:41 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim myers View Post
I pulled the trigger today on a 2015 Fleetwood Storm 28MS. Will pick up the weekend of 11/7

Since I am the first to say Pics or it didn't happen, here you go.
Same paint as mine but 2' shorter. Took me a year but I have all the bugs worked out.
Old 10-27-2015, 01:42 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
I take it you have a 30'
Old 10-27-2015, 01:46 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Some questions for you. I have grown very comfortable with my rear view camera screen where the rear view mirror would normally go in my Class C. How long did it take to get used to the screen being low in the dash?
Old 10-27-2015, 02:04 PM   #25

Quote:
Some questions for you. I have grown very comfortable with my rear view camera screen where the rear view mirror would normally go in my Class C. How long did it take to get used to the screen being low in the dash?
Mines called a 32H..measures 31', 12" longer wheel base than yours. Still very similar to yours.
The screen is not at the best viewing angle but we're got use to it. I've done a ton of mods to get it closer to perfection but still a good value for an entry level.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	StormEXT 001.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	110502  
Old 10-27-2015, 02:11 PM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
I looked at the 32 but the sideways bed (if my memory is correct) didn't work for me. I needed the larger space of the night stands for my CPAP machine. I am also trying to figure out where to put my GPS. Thinking the fuse box cover might be a good place, but I will get all that sorted out.

Wow they are big brother and little brother for sure.
Old 10-27-2015, 02:30 PM   #27

Quote:
I looked at the 32 but the sideways bed (if my memory is correct) didn't work for me. I needed the larger space of the night stands for my CPAP machine. I am also trying to figure out where to put my GPS. Thinking the fuse box cover might be a good place, but I will get all that sorted out.

Wow they are big brother and little brother for sure.
GPS mount? Just a thought. I mount my GPS and TPMS here> I used the existing screws to secure this 1/4" Plexiglas.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	dashmtRV.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	110503  
Old 10-27-2015, 08:25 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
That's a good idea did you put any spacers between the plexiglass and the dash?

Tags
fleetwood