Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2016, 02:45 PM   #1415

Alpine Owners Club
Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Ugh..

You would think they would have swapped to CAT 6 at most things at this point so that they don't have to deal with that, it'd be much cheaper in the long run as well. I wonder what it takes to fish a new cable to the back, if I thought it was easier I would have swapped out to the HDMI 4x8 matrix switch in the front.

- John
Dealer said it was a 16hr invoice to Fleetwood
bobkathy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2016, 04:45 PM   #1416

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale & Mark Bruss View Post
Cat-6 is not the best substitute for HDMI
10BASE-T systems have more than enough bandwidth to trunk across
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 06:51 PM   #1417

Fleetwood Owners Club
Upgrade finished, sounds so much better for those that are curious the Polk DB652 will fit with no modifications. Now to fix the outside TV and speakers next, instead of the BOSS radio.. :\

Difficulty Level:
Easy

Original Speakers:
REI 220026
REI 220026 | RiverPark

Locations:
Front driver and passenger side
Rear Bedroom two above bed.

Directions:
- remove the speaker grills, they are velcro attached so you can simply pinch the screen in the bottom right and pull away.
- remove speaker screws, and unplug speaker in back making note of polarity.
- toss in new speakers, hook up the wires as the polarity suggests.
- replace screens
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160829_171032.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	175.5 KB
ID:	137517   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160829_171047.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	137518  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160829_173429.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	137519   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160829_173318.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	137520  

Old 08-29-2016, 08:27 PM   #1418

Our Excursion 35B came with an Euro Recliner that was large and uncomfortable, we just replaced it with a Powered Captain's Chair. This provides more comfort, another seat belt and lots of buttons to push looking for that perfect position. JH

micpib1354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 04:23 AM   #1419

Quote:
Ugh..

You would think they would have swapped to CAT 6 at most things at this point so that they don't have to deal with that, it'd be much cheaper in the long run as well. I wonder what it takes to fish a new cable to the back, if I thought it was easier I would have swapped out to the HDMI 4x8 matrix switch in the front.

- John
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale & Mark Bruss View Post
Cat-6 is not the best substitute for HDMI
Quote:
10BASE-T systems have more than enough bandwidth to trunk across
To clarify my stand. Many on this Forum have enough trouble with HDMI 1x2 Splitters without injecting the complexities of HDI to Cat-5/6 converters, and some of the soft spots in the HDMI converters like HDCP.

Yes Cat-5/6 can carry the signal but that does not mean it is a good substitute for native cables.

The tough thing of embed HDMI cables that replacing the end is not easy and that is the usual failure. Also I am not sure all the replaced cables need to be replaced as I don't believe the dealers/service centers have the diagnostic equipment for HDMI cables and I have been told by a dealer, that whenever a cable is in question, the cable is replaced with no trouble shooting.
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 01:30 PM   #1420

Quote:
Upgrade finished, sounds so much better for those that are curious the Polk DB652 will fit with no modifications. Now to fix the outside TV and speakers next, instead of the BOSS radio.. :\

Difficulty Level:
Easy

Original Speakers:
REI 220026
REI 220026 | RiverPark

Locations:

Directions:
- remove the speaker grills, they are velcro attached so you can simply pinch the screen in the bottom right and pull away.
- replace screens
Thanks for the speaker information Silvrhand. I have the REI speakers on my Excursion 33D, but there is no grill cover. They fit into a 4 inch hole in the wood panel and are attached by 4 wood screws. They are 6 inches wide. The specs for the Polk speakers say 6 1/2 inches. I don't think these will fit.
hdfxrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 05:47 PM   #1421

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdfxrs View Post
Thanks for the speaker information Silvrhand. I have the REI speakers on my Excursion 33D, but there is no grill cover. They fit into a 4 inch hole in the wood panel and are attached by 4 wood screws. They are 6 inches wide. The specs for the Polk speakers say 6 1/2 inches. I don't think these will fit.
The 6.5" speakers only require a 5" hole, if you measure the hole I can give you some options.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:54 AM   #1422

Quote:
The 6.5" speakers only require a 5" hole, if you measure the hole I can give you some options.
Thanks. The hole is 4 inches. The speaker frame won't fit if it is greater than 6 inches in diameter.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:12 PM   #1423

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks. The hole is 4 inches. The speaker frame won't fit if it is greater than 6 inches in diameter.
That's tough a 5.25" speaker won't fit so you have to go down to the 4" speaker, unless you are willing to trim the hole a little bit to get a 5.25" speaker to fit.

A 5.25" speaker will fit in the hole and be under 6" in diameter, obviously the larger speaker will also have a better low range, it just depends on the type of music you like as well.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:25 AM   #1424

Not sure if I understand. I have the same REI speakers as you had and they are 6 inches diameter. They just fit with no room to spare.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:23 PM   #1425

Had our Discovery at the Cummins shop today for a recall for some updates to the engine computer. While I was there I asked the tech if he could change how or when my engine brake activates. I never liked how when I have the switch on and let off the throttle it immediately activates and downshifts the transmission. The downshifting of the transmission was by biggest complaint. The tech said sure, changed it so now I can coast and the engine brake doesn't activate and the transmission doesn't downshift till I touch the brake pedal. I'm very happy with this change. No more unnecessary shifting of the transmission.
sims5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:05 PM   #1426

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Not sure if I understand. I have the same REI speakers as you had and they are 6 inches diameter. They just fit with no room to spare.
hmm pictures of the hole?
Old 09-06-2016, 11:25 AM   #1427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig N Deb View Post
Here is the bed room TV change.
BEFORE It is listed as a 27" Samsung........
AFTER 40" Samsung 1080P LED HD and wow it is awesome!! Looks huge in the bed room! This one was a bit easier than the front living room TV
Hi. ..curious how you plugged in all the cables since the new TV'S have HDMI and the old one is coax . We have a 2008 providence 40x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
Just checked on mine, and don't get it until Friday . Can't wait to see the end panel and figure out how I am going to mount it without drilling in to the MH.
Fourdiazs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:49 PM   #1428

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:

Difficulty Level:
Easy

Original Speakers:
REI 220026
REI 220026 | RiverPark

Locations:

Directions:
- replace screens
Did thed front speakers make a huge difference? I am not happy with the way my pioneer (factory) radio sounds and often wondered if just an upgrade to the speakers would do it. They just sound tinny and I wondered if that was due to them being so far above my head when driving or if it was in fact the quality of the speakers. I think the deck itself puts out enough power to drive decent volume (i like my metal loud). I guess my question is, will the speakers be a big improvement or do I need to add an amp as well. Also what is the black box below the speaker and what was involved in the new mount with two speakers? Looks like your final pic is turned sideways?

Tags
fleetwood