RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2019, 08:12 AM   #2031

Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks
It was someone that updated his lugnuts and center caps

It's like what the truckers use
They are pretty fancy

Rhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2019, 08:48 AM   #2032

Fleetwood Owners Club
Awesome Frank!

Hey Frank, I can't help but notice we have done all of the same mods except I really need the light bar for parking and hitching up in the dark! Great idea! I have also changed my throne and I did the LED bullet lights along the bottom front and rear. I did do the docking lights but, I did them on the rear corners. I am going to order the light bar now! lol
Here are a few pictures of my 40X. Check out my door latches....I painted them all to match! lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4911.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	235.4 KB
ID:	241453   Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	241454  

Name:	31271256_10213980435217080_7121120233822064075_n.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	241455   Click image for larger version

Name:	Billy's Bike 263.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	250.1 KB
ID:	241456  

Craig N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 09:36 AM   #2033

Freightliner Owners Club
Frank
I need help
Please let me know where you ordered lites and Lug nuts.
Thanks
Here's my email address
rhaun1958@gmail.com
And phone number is
307-421-8563
Rhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 06:28 AM   #2034

Fleetwood Owners Club
Fleetwood Mods and Upgrades--Post 'em here!

New throne in the motorhome and installed with only one trip to Home Depot and one trip to Ferguson. Had to cut the strand bamboo floor so the new toilets base sits on the subfloor. That is a very hard wood and my Dremel vibrating saw was challenged. I foresee a much more powerful saw in my tool box in the near future.
The new toilet water inlet was on the right and the old one was opposite so I had to disassemble the pipe chase behind the toilet and modify the Pex and make an access hole for the water line. Direct replacement was not the case but the new one is much better. It is good to be king.[ATTACH]24165
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3300.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	219.5 KB
ID:	241657  
Alan24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:45 PM   #2035

So last winter, we spent 2 months in the coach. By the end, we were pretty tired of her sitting on the uncomfortable couch and me on the uncomfortable loveseat both looking 90 degrees at the TV up front. Replacing the foam in the couch and loveseat did not help.

Later this year we're going to be out for 2-3 months and it wasn't hard to convince the boss that we could do better...comfort wise. Our 39L had a sleeper couch, a free standing table and 4 heavy chairs, and the **&^ love seat. Carolyn was not willing to get rid of the hide-a-bed but after I convinced her I could build a cabinet/table with an electric rising TV where the loveseat was and we could get some decent recliners to put where the couch was and we could move the hide-a-bed to where the table and chairs was, she was a go. The table and chairs was the casualty. I picked up a pair of Euro recliners and some folding chairs from my cousin Jim. I made the cabinet in my shop. Originally, I was going to use Corian but found out that ours (Burnt Amber) is discontinued so we opted for a off white cabinet with similar white tile on the counter top and table. The table pulls out 15" but instead of facing each other and sticking out further into the room, We sit side by side and face the TV. LOTS of room. The cabinet has 8 drawers 22" deep and there is room for a large tote behind the electric fireplace (750 or 1500W). It is removable by removing a single latch and lifting it out of the way. I also ran two new power lines into the slide and also ran a coax and HDMI cables into the slide from the front overhead. Several significant challenges but mainly just work.

We really like it and believe it will greatly enhance our enjoyment of the coach. I still have some small things to do and I need to make a cabinet to go between the new chairs.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190413_120256.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	241875   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190413_120417.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	241876  

Name:	20190413_121756.jpg
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	241877   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190413_122046.jpg
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	241878  

Pinkertonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:52 PM   #2036
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
That is just plain AWESOME! Beautiful job. You are going to so like the recliners across from the TV. Enjoy.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:53 PM   #2037

Fleetwood Owners Club
Nicely done. Amazing when you go for comfort instead of perceived function. We should have kept the sleeper couch and moved it to the table area and then installed our theatre seats. We have sleeping for three and the bar seating so all is good. Beautiful job.
Alan24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 06:31 AM   #2038

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
VERY nice !!! How did you run the coax/HMDI cables from the front to the new TV area?
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 06:38 AM   #2039

Ford Super Duty Owner
My 1998 Pace Arrow Has a water pump switch outside in the wet bay and a second in the kitchen. We kept winding up in the bathroom with no water. Finally after 12 years I bit the bullet and installed a water pump switch in the bathroom. The RV Gods were smiling on me for once. The floor of the bathroom cabinet was screwed in. A easy removal. The water pump power wire was lying on the floor of the bathroom. The sink drain access was open enough to feed the other wire through. A easy hookup. If only all my mods were this easy.
Old 04-14-2019, 07:35 AM   #2040

Quote:
Originally Posted by veraken View Post
VERY nice !!! How did you run the coax/HMDI cables from the front to the new TV area?
I could not totally hide the wires. I removed the felt covered ceiling in the cabinet over the door and drilled a hole in the end near the ceiling. I fished the wires through the hole and on to my DISH receiver above the driver. Since we no longer have a bedroom TV, I used that connection and did not have to use the COAX splitter.

The wires run down the wall in a cable hider about 1 1/2" wide that runs from the ceiling to the floor. I left a loop of wire at the floor that provides the slack needed when the slide comes in. If you look at the photo above that has the table set, you can see the cable hider.

That was easy compared to running new power from the breaker box for the fireplace.
Old 04-14-2019, 07:53 PM   #2041

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post

As far as turning the driver's seat, it seems that everything has to be "just so," and you have to hold your mouth just right!! We back the seat up as far as it will go, fold up the arms, adjust the seat back, tilt the steering wheel all the way up, and try it about 10 times. The passenger side is almost as annoying since the adjustable footrest wants to hang up on the doghouse.
An update:
I got down on the floor today determined to figure out how to either make the drivers seat turn all the way around as it is, (just like yours does) or modify the base to make it where it would. Even if that meant building a new double slide base.

Turns out, what I thought was hitting the dog house was actually the seat track hitting the seat belts plastic guide housing. Jamming it up really hard.
Talk about surprised! Tomorrow I'm gong to modify that housing and make it shorter so it will clear the seat when I go to rotate.

And get this, I also discovered the Geniuses at the factory wired the polarity on the electric seat motors backward. Always wondered why pusing the buttons never moved the seat the direction it should move logically. So I rewired it!

Spent some time tracing down some electrical issues I've had with the thing since I got it and now understand and have modified some of the oddities it came with.

Was beating my head against everything under the coach trying to run some new video camera and power cables for a rear winch (don't ask) along the frame rails from the front to the rear. Then I had a brain fart. I shoved a 1 inch pvc conduit along the frame next to the factory wiring harness. Once the conduit went from the front, just behind the front tires, to the rear next to the fuel tank, I just pushed my wires through the conduit until they stuck out enough I could tie them off. Then just slid the conduit out of the frame and off the wires. (Video and power cables do not belong in the same conduits. Causes interference.) Easy! I'll just zip tie them down seperated later.

That trick saved a lot of cussing trying to reach between the drive axle and the tag axle. Which has no room for a human body between them. It's very tight under there. So tight in fact I had to air the tires up to max pressure just to slide under the coach on my creeper. it also has HWY jack issues which I'll address later.
Fun times!!!!!

My wife did suggest we just go buy anouther big RV and quit modifying this one. To which I had to point out that even with a newer coach I'd want to modify it to suit our needs. And I saw no reason to start over on another bus. But the idea did make me think about it.

A few more minor issues to sort out and then the tranny swap.
Curtis in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 07:24 PM   #2042

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaun View Post
Frank
I need help
Please let me know where you ordered lites and Lug nuts.
Thanks
Here's my email address
rhaun1958@gmail.com
And phone number is
307-421-8563
Ron and Craig,

I've been out of the country without internet for the past week and just got back tonight. I'll need to clear the decks of incoming messages then I'll get back to you with additional pictures and links for the lights and Light Bar and how I wired them into the Docking Light Switch and the Clearance & ISS relays.

Cheers!
Old 04-20-2019, 07:07 PM   #2043

Pretty well finished this project today. I built this cabinet to go behind the new chairs and to give us an 'end table'. LOTS of storage and the chairs still fully recline. On the 39L, there is a metal junction box and some DC wires that are exposed when the couch is moved. This covers that and captures some of the empty air.

And this is in normal living mode. Note the fold up dining chair behind the left hand recliner. That probably won't stay there but that is where they will travel.

A total of 5 drawers.

And two cabinets that open from the top. The smaller one has a inverter fed power source and is intended to be where we keep the multitude of chargers so the wires are out of the way.

I told the boss that this is MY storage and she can have the storage in the TV cabinet. I have a Craftsman tool bag that lives beside my drivers seat that attracts clutter. All that 'stuff' and a good bit of my small tools and such will go in here.

I still have to put some wood blocks behind the fireplace to keep the big tote from sliding around. Other than that it's done!... At least this phase.

We just acquired a only used one time dishwasher from a 2019. I'll remove the gas stove top and oven and put in the dishwasher, an induction two burner cook top, and a nice drawer. I knew I ran that extra power line for a reason LOL! Carolyn has never taken to the gas appliances and the oven has never been lit by us or any of the previous owners.

Probably start on that phase in early June.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190420_154324.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	242896   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190420_154339.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	242897  

Name:	20190420_154415.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	242898   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190420_155853.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	242899  

Old 05-06-2019, 12:35 PM   #2044

Did you replace the flooring yourself

Did you replace the flooring yourself? it looks great. any tips for DIY floor job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeyzoo View Post
I have owned my Revolution for about 10 months and here are a few of the things I have done.

I replaced the norcold with a Samsung 197. Works fantastically though I do need to buy a latch for the freezer drawer.

I replaced the carpet and tile with engineered hardwood.

I replaced the CRT's in bedroom and living area with flatpanels. I took the opportunity to remove the headknocker on the front tv and jam a 40" in the hole. Bought some matching vinyl and trimmed it out to look like a factory job. This was a huge improvement in "perceived" space and actually has eliminated head injuries upon entering coach ;-) The pic is of the space with cabinet removed and mounting hardware welded up and bolted in place.

Added a Progressive Industries hardwired surge with remote

Added a Tire Minder TPMS for coach and wrangler toad

Replaced original "DVD Surround" system with a pioneer home receiver and a Blu Ray player. Replaced subwoofer with a new powered unit.

Bought a Scangauge D

Replaced my rear camera with a rear safety 3 camera setup (color and flatscreen monitor)

Replaced the wallpaper border ;-)

New Headlamp assemblies and HID light kit

A boulder and I modified a couple of my basement doors and had to unmodify them at a body shop ;-)

Mods not yet done....

Would like a new mattress. Thinking sleepnumber.

I covet the cord reels, just cant get over the price each time I get close ;-)

I dig the lazyboy replace SarahW did. Perhaps someday.

Here are a few pics I could find.

Patrick1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood