Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2014, 11:12 AM   #253

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
We got the same story on our headlights two years ago when that was one of our punch list items. Thankfully, we don't do much night driving so it hasn't been as big an issue as we originally thought.

Glad you're getting the awning panel hardware fixed up.

I have one more thing I am going to try to demonstrate they don't provide adequate illumination. After that I will move on to aftermarket. My OCD has really kicked in on these lights.😕

End panel brackets mounted and as usual my dealership did a great job, and didn't charge me for the installation. Feel very lucky to have a great dealer. 😃

Of course my NEW AC unit at home decided to stop working last night so on to that next. I need a beer.🍺

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2014, 11:15 AM   #254

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
I guess my only option is aftermarket as I don't trust my factory lights.
Factory light pretty much suck on most every vehicle unless you have HID lights to begin with. I have replaced the lights on pretty much every thing I own including my Polaris Ranger. Once you get used to driving with the newer bright lights, its really hard to go back to the dim yellowish ones.

Looking at the front of your rig, changing out your light bulbs would be the first step, that's about $60, then you could easily add an LED light bar in the available spaces you have on the front, that would make a huge improvement for under $50. So all in maybe your out $120, but night driving would look like daytime driving.

I have a pair of LED fog lights on my Jeep, they are brighter than my factory Jeep lights on High Beam. I ended up hard wiring them into the first click on your light switch which for me was the yellow parking lights, that is all I pretty much drive around with now on our Jeep.
DegoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 12:42 PM   #255

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Following my original replace the headlights post

Quote:
I am at my dealership and everything checks out on my lights, getting 13.1 volts at the bulb. I guess my only option is aftermarket as I don't trust my factory lights.

On another note, dealership is attaching brackets for my Shadepro end panels and said they recommended rivets instead of screws that came with the end panel. Said rivets are better on the bonded side walls.

Hey Brian,
Thanks for following up to let us know. So I may be in the same situation....will look at aftermarket.

Bill
Old 05-23-2014, 02:17 PM   #256

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I am going to do a test tonight of the light distance and see how far they illuminate. Will post results in the morning.

Old 05-23-2014, 02:23 PM   #257
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I am going to do a test tonight of the light distance and see how far they illuminate. Will post results in the morning.

Old 05-23-2014, 02:27 PM   #258
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DegoRed View Post
Factory light pretty much suck on most every vehicle unless you have HID lights to begin with. I have replaced the lights on pretty much every thing I own including my Polaris Ranger. Once you get used to driving with the newer bright lights, its really hard to go back to the dim yellowish ones.

Looking at the front of your rig, changing out your light bulbs would be the first step, that's about $60, then you could easily add an LED light bar in the available spaces you have on the front, that would make a huge improvement for under $50. So all in maybe your out $120, but night driving would look like daytime driving.

I have a pair of LED fog lights on my Jeep, they are brighter than my factory Jeep lights on High Beam. I ended up hard wiring them into the first click on your light switch which for me was the yellow parking lights, that is all I pretty much drive around with now on our Jeep.
Dego, no offense but as someone who often faces those super bright lights coming at me...no thanks. I find them absolutely blinding and I think they should be illegal. (Not to mention those idiotic blue-tinted headlights. Who thinks that is a good idea??? ) I'd just like to have normal, acceptable headlight illumination that doesn't blind oncoming traffic.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:50 PM   #259

Fleetwood Owners Club
No offense taken. I just like to see the deer before I hit them

I don't care for the blue tint lights either, that is what happens when you get lights in the 8K and above light spectrum.
Old 05-23-2014, 04:14 PM   #260

....and in reality, the more color in the light/higher Kelvin temperature (yellow, white, blue, violet, pink ad nauseum) the less projected light you get.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:24 PM   #261

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just a little idea of my complaint:

MH tonight:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1400898189.445766.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	825.6 KB
ID:	63691

2013 F-150 with stock halogen same location:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1400898254.135371.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	723.6 KB
ID:	63692

Old 05-23-2014, 09:05 PM   #262
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Just a little idea of my complaint:

MH tonight:

Attachment 63691

2013 F-150 with stock halogen same location:

Attachment 63692

Yep. That's the problem. So what are we going to do about it???
Old 05-23-2014, 09:51 PM   #263

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Yep. That's the problem. So what are we going to do about it???

I will be starting a new thread in the morning explaining my plan. Need to do a little more research first. Does the MH picture look like what you have with the lights on?

Old 05-23-2014, 09:54 PM   #264
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I will be starting a new thread in the morning explaining my plan. Need to do a little more research first. Does the MH picture look like what you have with the lights on?

Pretty much. We have had our lights adjusted a couple of times and they still suck. When we first got the moho, the passenger side headlight was pointed somewhere over the rainbow, illuminating all the roadside attractions.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:19 AM   #265

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
same as yours

Quote:

Yeah I think that is similar to my 35K. Mine might be a little brighter but compared to my 4runner it's terrible. I'll be curious to see your solution.
Old 05-24-2014, 04:38 PM   #266

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ill post some pics up next week once I get my new lights all installed so you can see the difference in light, give you something to compare. Everything is just sitting in my shop ready to go and I already pulled the factory lights out. Might help you Brian get your hands around it all, wish I had a before and after to compare. Maybe I can jimmy up my existing lights real quick to do a comparison.

Tags
fleetwood