RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-02-2014, 05:07 PM   #57
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian-nicola View Post
Thank you Sarah! They look great.

I see now though FW is putting LED's in the 2015's.....UGH
Yeah, they started putting them in the 2014's. Dang.

Did you see my answer about the tow bar in a previous post? (Post 15 in this thread.)

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2014, 03:08 PM   #58

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by akeyzoo View Post
I have owned my Revolution for about 10 months and here are a few of the things I have done.

I replaced the norcold with a Samsung 197. Works fantastically though I do need to buy a latch for the freezer drawer.

I replaced the carpet and tile with engineered hardwood.

I replaced the CRT's in bedroom and living area with flatpanels. I took the opportunity to remove the headknocker on the front tv and jam a 40" in the hole. Bought some matching vinyl and trimmed it out to look like a factory job. This was a huge improvement in "perceived" space and actually has eliminated head injuries upon entering coach ;-) The pic is of the space with cabinet removed and mounting hardware welded up and bolted in place.

Added a Progressive Industries hardwired surge with remote

Added a Tire Minder TPMS for coach and wrangler toad

Replaced original "DVD Surround" system with a pioneer home receiver and a Blu Ray player. Replaced subwoofer with a new powered unit.

Bought a Scangauge D

Replaced my rear camera with a rear safety 3 camera setup (color and flatscreen monitor)

Replaced the wallpaper border ;-)

New Headlamp assemblies and HID light kit

A boulder and I modified a couple of my basement doors and had to unmodify them at a body shop ;-)

Mods not yet done....

Would like a new mattress. Thinking sleepnumber.
Wow those are a lot of awesome upgrades you have accomplished in fairly short time. New TV look great. What material did you use to finish the angled ceiling portion left by the old TV ? Matches nicely.
For mattress, take a look at Denver Mattress. Some folks have replaced there OEM sleep number with these. Denver Mattress
Thanks

Old 05-03-2014, 05:17 PM   #59

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A couple of people have asked about the sewage hose holder and for photos. Obviously not my idea, but here is how I did it.

Bought 5x5 Vinyl fence post from Home Depot. Searched the internet on how to paint since it came in white. Instructions were to wipe down with soap and water and then wipe down with plain water. This gets off all the oils and debris. I used Dawn and water. I then spray painted 2 coats of black epoxy appliance paint allowing a day between coats. I then followed that up with 2 coats of clear coat allowing a day between coats. Anyone getting the picture that I am super anal yet.

The only place I could mount it was below the 2 back storage bays. Interestingly enough they are shaped a little different on each side requiring me to use 2 different brackets. One I had to fabricate and the other was simple 2 bolts and a metal plate. I applied stick on window insulation to the inside of the brackets to get something that would grip the vinyl post. I also drilled holes in the bottom of the post about every foot for drainage and ventilation.

Once that was installed I bought a 4" gutter and screwed a wood dowel at the end for a handle as well as keeping the hose in place. I glued one of the end caps on and used baby proof latches for the open end. I also drilled a hole through the drivers side cargo bay and through the post so I could insert a carriage bolt. This prevents the hose and gutter from sliding out if the end cap comes off. I can hold 2 sections of hose, a 15' and a 10' extension. Sorry for the long post. Now the pictures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1399158666.833482.jpg
Views:	1115
Size:	790.3 KB
ID:	62039

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1399158719.989353.jpg
Views:	964
Size:	739.6 KB
ID:	62040

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1399158798.854820.jpg
Views:	896
Size:	703.2 KB
ID:	62041

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1399158900.679515.jpg
Views:	869
Size:	736.3 KB
ID:	62042

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1399158996.836667.jpg
Views:	885
Size:	747.8 KB
ID:	62043

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:20 PM   #60
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Nice work, Brian. An excellent place for a hose that usually ends up in the bottom of the wet bay.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:29 PM   #61
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I like those LED lights Sarah. It looks much brighter. My coach was mfr'd pre-puck lights. It'd sure trade my 2 fluorescents & 2 incandescents for well spaced out pucks. We could change out the 2 incandescent lights above the pilot/co-pilot chairs, but we hardly use those so we haven't spent the $$ to upgrade those bulbs & I'm waiting on the fluorescents bulbs to go out before I change those - we don't use them that much either so it may be a while.

Lori-
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Bounder Ceiling Lights.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	62044  
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:17 PM   #62
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
A couple of people have asked about the sewage hose holder and for photos. Obviously not my idea, but here is how I did it.

Bought 5x5 Vinyl fence post from Home Depot. Searched the internet on how to paint since it came in white. Instructions were to wipe down with soap and water and then wipe down with plain water. This gets off all the oils and debris. I used Dawn and water. I then spray painted 2 coats of black epoxy appliance paint allowing a day between coats. I then followed that up with 2 coats of clear coat allowing a day between coats. Anyone getting the picture that I am super anal yet.

The only place I could mount it was below the 2 back storage bays. Interestingly enough they are shaped a little different on each side requiring me to use 2 different brackets. One I had to fabricate and the other was simple 2 bolts and a metal plate. I applied stick on window insulation to the inside of the brackets to get something that would grip the vinyl post. I also drilled holes in the bottom of the post about every foot for drainage and ventilation.

Once that was installed I bought a 4" gutter and screwed a wood dowel at the end for a handle as well as keeping the hose in place. I glued one of the end caps on and used baby proof latches for the open end. I also drilled a hole through the drivers side cargo bay and through the post so I could insert a carriage bolt. This prevents the hose and gutter from sliding out if the end cap comes off. I can hold 2 sections of hose, a 15' and a 10' extension. Sorry for the long post. Now the pictures.

Attachment 62039
Attachment 62040
Attachment 62041
Attachment 62042
Attachment 62043

Good job, Brian. Thanks for the pics!
Old 05-03-2014, 06:24 PM   #63
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
I like those LED lights Sarah. It looks much brighter. My coach was mfr'd pre-puck lights. It'd sure trade my 2 fluorescents & 2 incandescents for well spaced out pucks. We could change out the 2 incandescent lights above the pilot/co-pilot chairs, but we hardly use those so we haven't spent the $$ to upgrade those bulbs & I'm waiting on the fluorescents bulbs to go out before I change those - we don't use them that much either so it may be a while.

Lori-
Thanks, Lori. They are actually about the same brightness as the halogens they replaced. The huge difference is in the reduction in heat. Those halogens got REALLY hot.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:54 PM   #64

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hi Sarah,
Yes saw your post. We went with a Blue Ox system, very happy with it. Our maiden voyage this weekend to local site and everything working great including our new TOAD (Disco didn't even feel her while towing)
Thx/Brian
Xeena(German Shepard)
brian-nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:22 AM   #65

Fleetwood Owners Club
A few changes that we did this past month.

Samsung fridge replaced the Norcold. Turned out well, and this fridge gets cold in a matter of a few hours.
Put up a mirror as you can see in the first pic.

Also installed a 32" Samsung TV on a full motion wall mount. It is attached to the cabinet, and is very solid. For travel we rotate the TV sideways, and can easily walk by it when slides are in.

Installed a Surge Guard 50 amp protector under the bed. That is where the transfer relay and breaker panel is located, so it was fairly easy.
The remote display is on exterior of bed frame, easy to see.

[ATTACH]62066[/ATTACH
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20140503_145139.jpg
Views:	557
Size:	292.3 KB
ID:	62066   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140503_145500.jpg
Views:	555
Size:	271.4 KB
ID:	62067  

Mjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:18 AM   #66

Singhrv,
I cut some pieces of Luan and covered them in vinyl. Thanks for compliments.

Chris
akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:11 AM   #67
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjay View Post
A few changes that we did this past month.

Samsung fridge replaced the Norcold. Turned out well, and this fridge gets cold in a matter of a few hours.
Put up a mirror as you can see in the first pic.

Also installed a 32" Samsung TV on a full motion wall mount. It is attached to the cabinet, and is very solid. For travel we rotate the TV sideways, and can easily walk by it when slides are in.

Installed a Surge Guard 50 amp protector under the bed. That is where the transfer relay and breaker panel is located, so it was fairly easy.
The remote display is on exterior of bed frame, easy to see.

[ATTACH]62066[/ATTACH
Very nice!
Old 05-04-2014, 02:06 PM   #68
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Here are some of the additions/upgrades we have made in the past couple of years...

- Doran 360RV TPMS
- Garmin RV760LMT GPS (replaced Rand McNally 7710)
- Bose Soundlink bluetooth portable speaker
- Sony Blu Ray player w/wifi and video streaming for bedroom TV
- Dish 211k satellite receiver
- memory foam mattress
- Progressive Industries EMS PT50C
- Oxygenics shower head
- added stronger magnets to the slide out pantry, drawer dividers and an in-drawer knife storage block to the kitchen
- Towing setup ReadyBrute Elite towbar with built in surge brake, CoolTech Jeep wiring harness and...

- Rock Solid rock guard...

Exterior sun screens for windshield, driver and passenger windows

Placed order today for Shadepro awning sunscreen.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:33 PM   #69

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sarah,

I couldn't find out the shipping information. Do you know how they ship it....2 day, 3 day, etc? Might have to give them a call tomorrow to find out because our next trip is in week and a half to Louisiana and I want it for the trip.

Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:24 PM   #70
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
Sarah,

I couldn't find out the shipping information. Do you know how they ship it....2 day, 3 day, etc? Might have to give them a call tomorrow to find out because our next trip is in week and a half to Louisiana and I want it for the trip.

Hey Brian. Do you mean the ShadePro awning shade? I don't know about shipping; I just ordered online today and I assume they will process the order tomorrow. I imagine if you contact them they will give you shipping info.

Tags
fleetwood