Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2014, 08:09 AM   #85

Fleetwood Owners Club
I will get some pictures today Sarah of the sconces. I really like them.

Regarding the Dinette and booths.....I contacted Fleetwood and I can tell you that you don't want them to build the new side table as the factory does it!!!
Fleetwood quoted me $7,200.00 plus shipping and I install it myself!!! Chairs NOT included!!! Bwahahaha No Way!!!
I have a cabinet builder in the business complex that my shop is in and I have them drawing up plans for mine. He can match the wood and even had the exact corian for the tops as my coach already has!
I have the drawings being done by him now and I asked for 4 drawers (two being file cabinets for the extensive paperwork in the coach) and 2 top drawers with two cabinet doors in the middle but, the cool thing is a USB and 120 outlets at the top for Deb!
I will keep you all up to date!
Thanks,
Craig
Craig N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2014, 09:50 AM   #86
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penster View Post
Craig n Deb,
I would really like to see the plans and finish job on the dining table. We have talked about switching ours out, but can't seem to find a good way to do it. Love to see how yours comes out!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
Same here!
I'm not sure which dinette you guys have; we have the "facing dinette" where the table comes out and the two benches jack knife to make an extra bed. (The other bench style incorporates the table to help support the cushions for the bed.) Under the rear bench in our Bounder, the big amplifier (or whatever it's called) for the surround sound system is mounted on the floor. Relocating that will be one consideration if you have the same setup.

I contacted this company RVFURNITURE and they are building a custom wood table for our Bounder for a very reasonable price. They manufacture wood furniture for several RV manufacturers and are familiar with the space restrictions in an RV.

We are leaving our leatherette (?) benches in place and replacing the table with a wood pedestal table, because we prefer the booth-style seating but hate the OEM table. RV Furniture sent wood stain and fabric swatches (though we aren't having chairs made) so that we could decide which color would best go in the Bounder. I talked to them yesterday and our table is in the final finishing process to be shipped on Wednesday. I'm on pins and needles to see the final result! After all my measuring and obsessing, I'm terrified that it's not going to fit... eeeek!

Fleetwood sells a console/table combo with free-standing chairs, but the price is astronomical. The guys at RVFurniture.com will build anything you want and will work with you on design. They have a lot of other options besides the styles shown on their website.

I have also seen several posts on the forum where people have removed their dinette booth and installed a table & chairs purchased from a regular retail store.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:54 AM   #87
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig N Deb View Post
I will get some pictures today Sarah of the sconces. I really like them.

Regarding the Dinette and booths.....I contacted Fleetwood and I can tell you that you don't want them to build the new side table as the factory does it!!!
Fleetwood quoted me $7,200.00 plus shipping and I install it myself!!! Chairs NOT included!!! Bwahahaha No Way!!!
I have a cabinet builder in the business complex that my shop is in and I have them drawing up plans for mine. He can match the wood and even had the exact corian for the tops as my coach already has!
I have the drawings being done by him now and I asked for 4 drawers (two being file cabinets for the extensive paperwork in the coach) and 2 top drawers with two cabinet doors in the middle but, the cool thing is a USB and 120 outlets at the top for Deb!
I will keep you all up to date!
Thanks,
Craig
Thanks, Craig! I've been looking at sconces but I need to check the clearance for those side cabinet doors to make sure they will fit and allow the cabs to open.

Your new dining table sounds fabulous! I can't wait to see how it turns out! (And I concur with your opinion of Fleetwood's prices...YIKES.)
Old 05-06-2014, 11:34 AM   #88

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
I am not sure if my upgrades are what you had in mind but, I like to customize our toys so........here it goes!
1. I dark tinted all the windows in the coach and did a dark tinted visor on two feet of the top of the windshield, hiding the shades, makes the coach cooler, keeps people from trying to see in, and the visor is awesome! It is great for running down the road and also hides all the mechanisms for the power shades.
2. Changed al the wheel hubs and lug nut covers to the Peterbuilt Spike Kit!
3. Polished the wheels to a chrome finish and the ZOOP Sealed them to look this way forever!
4. Bought a new 24ft. hauler and had the graphics painted to run right off the coach onto the trailer and then set it up to haul my Harleys and our matching custom golf cart!
5. Installed neon lighting on the awning side of the coach to run underneath to add the low glow for evenings outside.
6. Just changed the goofy reading lights up front above the seats to sconce lights that are LED. no more lights pointed all over the place and looking like crooked snakes hanging on the walls.
7. Right now I am working on changing out the dinette and booths for a side table and stand alone chairs.

I am always trying to make the coach everything that makes it work for us!
Craig,
How does the window tint effect your dual glaze windows. I was told it can blow out the seals on them. Great looking mods.
Ccupton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:18 PM   #89
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Just got off the phone with Shadepro and all orders ship within 48 hours and they use UPS ground. Said if mine is shipped today will have it Friday, if shipped tomorrow I will get it Monday.
I got my tracking info today. Our shade shipped yesterday and will be here on Thursday!
Old 05-06-2014, 04:41 PM   #90

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
I got my tracking info today. Our shade shipped yesterday and will be here on Thursday!
Just checked on mine, and don't get it until Friday . Can't wait to see the end panel and figure out how I am going to mount it without drilling in to the MH.
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:43 PM   #91
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Just checked on mine, and don't get it until Friday . Can't wait to see the end panel and figure out how I am going to mount it without drilling in to the MH.
I'm sure you'll figure out something. I decided not to bother with the end piece since we will probably be using the shade with the bottom staked slanted away from the awning. Be sure to make photos of your installation!!
Old 05-06-2014, 10:27 PM   #92

Thumbs up Fleetwood Mods and Upgrades--Post 'em here!

Wife and I just got a 2014 fleetwood Terra SE 31c... had our first trip and its pretty great.

Already swapped out all the bulbs for LED ones, and put a new on/off shower head. Got the 5050 led's (newer ones) cost about $150 for the whole interior of the coach from amazon. Light is just as bright and looks really good.
compute42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:53 AM   #93
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by compute42 View Post
Wife and I just got a 2014 fleetwood Terra SE 31c... had our first trip and its pretty great.

Already swapped out all the bulbs for LED ones, and put a new on/off shower head. Got the 5050 led's (newer ones) cost about $150 for the whole interior of the coach from amazon. Light is just as bright and looks really good.
Congrats on the new Terra! I agree, the LED bulbs are a great upgrade. You will find that the time you aren't traveling will be spent figuring out the next "mod" to your RV. It's an illness.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:38 PM   #94

Fleetwood Owners Club
First....just to answer the window tint question. I have had my Tint Visor and every window in my coach tinted for well over a year now and everything looks great! If it matters....my window tint guy only uses Lumar.

Here are the pictures I promised you guys of the sconces! They swivel and tilt in any direction you need including up!
I found them on Ebay for less than $30 shipped and it took me less than a half hour to change them out. You have to be sure that you get 12V lights when doing this swap. I also noticed that Camping World had some very nice sconce lighting in their store. Just so you know......

Anyway, here are the pictures!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1903.jpg
Views:	523
Size:	326.7 KB
ID:	62302   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1904.jpg
Views:	518
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	62303  

Name:	IMG_1906.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	327.3 KB
ID:	62304   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1907.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	62305  

Old 05-07-2014, 01:42 PM   #95
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
First....just to answer the window tint question. I have had my Tint Visor and every window in my coach tinted for well over a year now and everything looks great! If it matters....my window tint guy only uses Lumar.

Here are the pictures I promised you guys of the sconces! They swivel and tilt in any direction you need including up!
I found them on Ebay for less than $30 shipped and it took me less than a half hour to change them out. You have to be sure that you get 12V lights when doing this swap. I also noticed that Camping World had some very nice sconce lighting in their store. Just so you know......

Wow, I like those! Adding yet another "honeydo" to the list.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:54 PM   #96

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

I like alot! Are they hot?
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:37 PM   #97

Fleetwood Owners Club
[ATTACH]62323[/ATTACH

Okay, does this count? The CO2 detector was faulty, and I replaced it with a stand up unit that sits on the dresser. The defective one left a hole in the wall....which I recently covered with this piece of (my description...) "hole art"
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1399509222.584672.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	601.2 KB
ID:	62323  
Old 05-07-2014, 08:18 PM   #98

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks Sarah! Like I said, they were on Ebay and cheap at that! They took no time at all to install. Very easy

Debbie, They are LED and emit no heat at all!

Keep the ideas coming and I will share mine as well!

Tags
fleetwood