Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2014, 09:04 PM   #99

Fleetwood Owners Club
When we had a big boat it stood for "blow another thousand" and "hole in the water to which you pour money"....So what is the saying for these land yachts?
Xeena(German Shepard)
brian-nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2014, 10:13 PM   #100
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penster View Post
[ATTACH]62323[/ATTACH

Okay, does this count? The CO2 detector was faulty, and I replaced it with a stand up unit that sits on the dresser. The defective one left a hole in the wall....which I recently covered with this piece of (my description...) "hole art"
Of course it counts!! Cute "hole art!"
Old 05-08-2014, 08:35 AM   #101

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian-nicola View Post
When we had a big boat it stood for "blow another thousand" and "hole in the water to which you pour money"....So what is the saying for these land yachts?
A fun way to spend the children's inheritance.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:24 AM   #102
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Nice sconces! I hate the "space alien microphone" looking ones we have & they're hot to boot. I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've turned ours on in 9 seasons.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:06 AM   #103
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Nice sconces! I hate the "space alien microphone" looking ones we have & they're hot to boot. I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've turned ours on in 9 seasons.

Lori-
I agree. I think my hubby turns on the driver's side when he needs to peer into the AV cabinet. Other than that they are worthless. I'm thinking I'm going to order some brushed chrome ones to match the cabinet hardware. We might use them more if they were a different style of light.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:11 PM   #104
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
Just checked on mine, and don't get it until Friday . Can't wait to see the end panel and figure out how I am going to mount it without drilling in to the MH.
Well, our shade arrived and it's got some damage, so they have already shipped another one! One side of the top section looks like it got caught in the sewing machine...the stitching is wonky and there are a couple of frayed holes in the hemmed part. UPS is going to pick up the one I got today. I must say, ShadePro's customer service is excellent and I think we are going to love that shade. It came with a really nice heavy weight storage bag.

Here's a pic of the frayed holes...there are three of these within about 12".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	430.6 KB
ID:	62392  
Old 05-08-2014, 05:28 PM   #105

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wow! Can't believe they shipped it like that. Ours is supposed to be here tomorrow so I am going to look them over closely. Thanks for the heads up. We ordered Brown to match the MH.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:00 PM   #106
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Wow! Can't believe they shipped it like that. Ours is supposed to be here tomorrow so I am going to look them over closely. Thanks for the heads up. We ordered Brown to match the MH.

I'm sure yours will be perfect, Brian. The Shadepro guy was very apologetic and immediately shipped a replacement. The brown will look great with your coach. Our Bounder has a lot of black (see avatar pic), plus our exterior windshield cover is black...so we went with black.

Oh...and you will need a BIG space to spread it out...that sucker is huge.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:17 PM   #107

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
I'm sure yours will be perfect, Brian. The Shadepro guy was very apologetic and immediately shipped a replacement. The brown will look great with your coach. Our Bounder has a lot of black (see avatar pic), plus our exterior windshield cover is black...so we went with black.

Oh...and you will need a BIG space to spread it out...that sucker is huge.

I can definitely see why you went with black. I am sure it will be fine, I am just surprised yours didn't get caught before shipping. I am counting on ours for my trip to Louisiana next week as there are few trees and a lot of sun.

We plan on doing like you and staking it outwards to add more room to the patio area. The end panel is just to help block some sun. Figure we can move it from end to end depending on where the sun is.

Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:21 PM   #108
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I can definitely see why you went with black. I am sure it will be fine, I am just surprised yours didn't get caught before shipping. I am counting on ours for my trip to Louisiana next week as there are few trees and a lot of sun.

We plan on doing like you and staking it outwards to add more room to the patio area. The end panel is just to help block some sun. Figure we can move it from end to end depending on where the sun is.
Actually, it was really well made except for that foot-long section; I doubt you will be disappointed. It was all folded in, so the damage was not obvious until unfolded. They probably got it packed from the factory and just shipped it out. Anyhow, they are quickly making it right for us.

I'll be watching to see how you deal with the end piece. If you come up with a good way to attach it, I'll be doing some more shopping!!
Old 05-08-2014, 10:59 PM   #109

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sarah, what brand is your windshield shade and how does it attach? I suspect it snaps on and you have to break out the ladder to do it?
Old 05-09-2014, 01:01 AM   #110
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
Sarah, what brand is your windshield shade and how does it attach? I suspect it snaps on and you have to break out the ladder to do it?
Hey Mojo. Yep, our sunshade is made by SunGuard and it snaps on. We initially ordered a Magneshade, but found that the front cabinets on the Bounder are too low to get behind to mount the high-powered magnets on the inside at the top of the glass. Roger (who owns Magneshade), told me that the cabinets would need to be unbolted and we were not willing to do that.

The Sunguard shade came with snaps and/or velcro, and at first we used the velcro. Well, that lasted about 15 minutes in the hot summer sunshine...the glue melted and the velcro slid off.

We were cringing to drill holes in the cap for the snaps, but it turned out to be no big deal. We put snaps across the top, but use small rubber suction cups on the bottom edge, which is pretty much held in place by the wipers anyway.

We carry a 7 ft folding ladder that we use often to clean the windshield. It only takes a couple of minutes to install the shade.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:13 AM   #111

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
So they had the measurements for the bounder already? Did you get the 85% or 93%? I see they also have the twist locks, I was thinking about those since I've had problems with buttons tearing through on boat covers but they are more obvious when the cover isn't in place. Did it make a huge difference with heat? I like the idea that I can see out but for the most part people can't see in. MIght be able to walk around in pajamas in the morning without scaring the neighbors! Sorry for all the questions.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:40 AM   #112

Entegra Owners Club
To walk around the coach w/o clothes or in your bvd's - I put up a curtain when we pull in. This way you still can see out and get light in, but people really can't see in. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1399642827.282256.jpg
Views:	605
Size:	506.1 KB
ID:	62425
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood