Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2011, 11:19 PM   #1
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Fleetwood Motorhome National Rally 2012

June 27 - July 1, 2012
Elkhart County Fairgrounds
Goshen, IN

See website for details/registration.

I'll be there.....will you?

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2011, 03:37 PM   #2

I'll be there!
336muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:59 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Actually in Goshen, IN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
June 27 - July 1, 2012
Elkhart County Fairgrounds
Goshen, IN

See website for details/registration.

I'll be there.....will you?

Lori-
NO. I'd never stay at the Fairgrounds again. Nice area, lot's to see and do, staff at the grounds did an excellent job with everything involved. But the train noise was terrible. Usually 10 or 11 PM and again around 4 -6 AM, everyday.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:04 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Oh I love train noise. No problem for me.

Lori-
Old 09-24-2011, 08:03 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just sent registration in yesterday.... Lets see..... Last Rally in Illinois we ended up with a new Revolution 42W, naw, not going to happen this time.... Keep telling myself, keep telling myself. I think that worked..
RonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:48 AM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to chili's trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhouse View Post
NO. I'd never stay at the Fairgrounds again. Nice area, lot's to see and do, staff at the grounds did an excellent job with everything involved. But the train noise was terrible. Usually 10 or 11 PM and again around 4 -6 AM, everyday.
? I attended the SKP rally in Goshen last year and the train noise was not a problem. Probably depends on where you are parked. But when I think about it many rv sites I use are near heavily used railroad tracks. Good luck.
chili's trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:22 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Question First time for a Rally!

My husband and I are considering attending the National Rally in Goshen, Indiana - but we've never attended a Rally before, and we have a few questions that were not addressed on the website.

I have my form all filled out and ready to mail, but we wondered if we can bring our golf cart? We pull it in our 14' enclosed trailer, so can we leave our trailer immediately behind our motorhome? We're reserving a 50amp full hookup site. Are the sites paved? Pull in or back in?

Any and all information would be MUCH appreciated! Thank you! My husband isn't too sure about this - but having the golf cart along would make it fun for him.
Born2RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:14 AM   #8

We have been to the last two Fleetwood Rallys, I don't see a problem with a trailer and a golf cart. I was a vollenteer at Shawnee Ok. this past year and worked as a parking assistant. We had several trailers dropped in a secure area along with dollies. Most of those sites would not accomidate a MH, car, and a trailer and a golf cart. We are also attending the FMA Rally coming up in January at Lazy Days and I know for certain they have a drop area for trailers, the camp sites will not hold both. Ask any of the vollenteers for Muffin, I'll help in any way I can! Hope to meet you there
Old 12-31-2011, 06:13 PM   #9
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Of the FW rallies I've been to, there's no place to park a trailer with your coach. They have drop off areas for such things. Even toads weren't parked with the coaches, but nearby.

If you go to campgroundreviews.com for Goshen, IN you'll find reviews for the fairgrounds.

Looking forward to meeting you there.

Lori-
Old 01-02-2012, 06:02 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thank you for your helpful replies!!! We plan on going a couple days early to "settle in". I don't know if we should bring the golf cart - OR the jeep? We can't bring both. Are there things to do in the area - sightseeing, etc.??
Born2RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:26 AM   #11

The RV museum is not too far away and definitely worth checking out! We visited it two years ago and it took all day to see! I'm sure there are other sites.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #12
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
They always run several shuttles at the Nationals with several places to catch them, so you really don't need a golf cart to get around the grounds. But if you're wanting to do some local sightseeing, then tow your Jeep to get out & about the area.

I would also recommend going to the RV/MH HoF. You can easily spend an entire afternoon there just looking at all the displays. See some pics in my IRV2 album.

You're probably about 2 hours from the Fleetwood factory. They have tours at 9AM every weekday. Not that you'd want to go, but if you want a peek at the competition, many of the other mfr's factories are in the area (Newmar, Thor Motor Coach, Monaco, Gulf Stream, as well as many towables) that you can tour.

You're in the heart of Indiana Amish & Mennonite country with all the wonderful shopping & dining that has to offer. Borkholder Dutch Village showcases a lot of the local crafts. I got a beautifully stitched quilted table runner there one year. We've driven the Quilt Gardens tour. It's a nice driving tour that takes you to several gardens that are laid out in quilt patterns.

Plenty to see & do in the area to round out your stay.

Lori-
Old 02-01-2012, 04:22 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just signed up last night and we will be there. Taking a tour of Fleetwood on Thursday. We're hoping to find a supplier/dealer that will help us in buying new pilot/copilot seats for our older MH. We're also looking forward to meeting all the other RV'ers that will attend...excited is simply an understatement!
Old 02-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #14

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Good SuperBowl Afternoon All...

Bob and I are planning on heading to the Fleetwood Rally in Goshen in June and are excited about meeting y'all. I am not sure that we will have a toad by that time. Is there any way to get to all of the various attractions in the area (RV Museum, RV Factories, etc...) without a toad? And I was thinking of having a few things done to our Revolution in the near future, such as replacing the Sat Dome, repairing the backlighting on the trip center, and a few other small items. Would there be any technicians at this rally to perform these small repairs? Or should I plan on stopping by a Camping World or other similar RV repair facility in that area?

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Faith
fansill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood, motorhome, national, rally