Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2013, 10:02 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
I put Rejex on my DS...two coats. Works fine.
Yep! Same here, use it anywhere, would love to do the entire coach, whew, maybe not!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-25-2013, 03:01 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Update: Craig, for reasons that I will not get into because they were not pleasant, due to no fault of my own (or Diamond Shield), I needed to have my Diamond Shield professionally replaced or removed. I chose to remove it. One section went ok but when they removed the section on the movable hood, the stripes came off with it. The whole section needed to be repainted and ultimately the whole front end got repainted. I think based on what I have learned and read, if you plan on removing your DS, you have at best a 50/50 chance of needing to repaint something. More than likely you will have to repaint. All I have to say is boy oh boy, does it look nice now! Our plan is to get a bra to use when traveling and remove it when parked. Now I need to find out where to buy a bra. Suggestions anyone?

Merry Christmas to everyone!
Old 12-26-2013, 07:44 AM   #17

Ds

Have always used 303 protectorate .... Works fine
bandmbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:29 AM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just ordered a bottle of the 303! Hope it works well. I will post comments when the warmer weather comes around and I treat the DS before I hit the road. It is a new coach. Hope it keeps it looking that way.

..and I will keep a distance from the vehicles in front!
RTinVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 03:56 PM   #19

303 also works great on faded hardware...put it on all the exposed black latches and stuff...brings them back to life. The secret is read the directions.....don't need a lot. I spray on a rag...rub onacsection of diamond shield...then quickly buff with another rag. Really slicks it up.
bandmbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgreen View Post
Update: Craig, for reasons that I will not get into because they were not pleasant, due to no fault of my own (or Diamond Shield), I needed to have my Diamond Shield professionally replaced or removed. I chose to remove it. One section went ok but when they removed the section on the movable hood, the stripes came off with it. The whole section needed to be repainted and ultimately the whole front end got repainted. I think based on what I have learned and read, if you plan on removing your DS, you have at best a 50/50 chance of needing to repaint something. More than likely you will have to repaint. All I have to say is boy oh boy, does it look nice now! Our plan is to get a bra to use when traveling and remove it when parked. Now I need to find out where to buy a bra. Suggestions anyone?

Merry Christmas to everyone!
We use bras made by Coast Line RV and Off Road Coastline RV and Off Road - RV Products . If they don't have one to fit your rig, they'll make one for you while you wait. I've done this for 2 Allegro Busses, and a Hyundai. Between toads and RVs, we're on our 5th bra from these folks.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:16 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks Pigman, I appreciate the info.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:03 PM   #22

Diamond Shield Removal

I've read lots of threads posted on removal of Diamond Shield (DS). Each member had their own experience. Copied those that had good tips/results on to MS Office Word for reference. Had DS installed on my 07 Expedition in 08, and it looked great, up until I parked under a Pin Oak at my current campground. Had left it here for the summer of 2012, & the rain and run off from being under the tree, gave it an awful looking rusty look etched into the DS. So I have no choice but to take it off. Have started peeling it when it was real hot facing the sun in Nov. Seemed to be coming off pretty good, except in one spot, paint started to come up. Will pursue getting the rest of it off when it warms up again. Don't believe I will be putting it back on. Will take my chances without it.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:47 AM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
I was told my our local FW dealer not to use any wax on the "Bounder decals or DS. We do have a full body paint but the decals are not painted and was told to use a good polish, not wax because that would make it crack over time.
BarryN514 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood