RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2015, 09:21 PM   #1

Fleetwood Pace Arrow - Xenon low beam - very easy

I have a Fleetwood Pace Arrow Vision 1999, 36.5'.

If I go behind the beam light I see the bulb connector is 9006.

So you go on eBay and you type:

55W Xenon HID Conversion Kit 9006 5000K Headlight

For 7$ you will get two ballast and two bulbs. There is no modification to do. Just plug it and you will have very powerful xenon lights. The two ballast (size of cigarette box) I fixed them on the chassis with tie-wrap.

Note that this is only for low beam. If you want also high beam then you will buy another kit (4 bulbs, 4 ballasts and lot of wires) but you will have to connect a wire and fuse to the battery, will have a relay, etc., etc. In my opinion, keep it simple and buy only the low beam I suggest here.

Carl

cbilodeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2015, 09:28 PM   #2

Good info Carl.
I'm posting here to track this info.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:33 PM   #3

Fleetwood Pace Arrow Vision 1999 backup lights

The backup lights on my 1999 Pace arrow vision 36.5' were very yellow and old. I replaced them.

The product is HELLA 2ZR 003 236 051 or 2ZR 003 236 311

On eBay type: Hella 2ZR

But the problem is that this product is made in Germany and sold in Germany. The shipping to Canada or USA could be 160$.

Here is what I did to get a reasonable price:

You will buy the product from a German reseller that ships only in Europe. But you will use a Mail Forwarder to receive the packets for you. This Mail Forwarding company will ship back the products to your home address.

1 - Create a free account at the Forwarding Mail Company. Go at Mail & Package Forwarding from Germany, Europe | Mailboxde.com and create your account. They will then give you a free postal address like this:
Mailboxde.com e.K.
Carl Bilodeau, ID 35241
Äussere Weberstr. 57
02763 Zittau
Germany

2 - Go at: Suchergebnisse für: '125419' or https://www.autoteilemann.de/
and create an account. They sell the product HELLA Rückfahrleuchte 2ZR 003 236-311. Buy it and have it deliver at you German forwarding address. They will charge you about 6$ for shipping.

3 - When your packet will arrive in Germany you will receive an email. You will then have them ship it to you immediatly for about 20$.

Here is a video:

Voilà.

Carl
cbilodeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 06:49 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbilodeau View Post
I have a Fleetwood Pace Arrow Vision 1999, 36.5'.

If I go behind the beam light I see the bulb connector is 9006.

So you go on eBay and you type:

55W Xenon HID Conversion Kit 9006 5000K Headlight

For 7$ you will get two ballast and two bulbs. There is no modification to do. Just plug it and you will have very powerful xenon lights. The two ballast (size of cigarette box) I fixed them on the chassis with tie-wrap.

Note that this is only for low beam. If you want also high beam then you will buy another kit (4 bulbs, 4 ballasts and lot of wires) but you will have to connect a wire and fuse to the battery, will have a relay, etc., etc. In my opinion, keep it simple and buy only the low beam I suggest here.

Carl
I'm going to try this on your recommendation, Carl. But I got a lot of different products and vendors when I put that string in Ebay. Having been burned by some of these Chinese made goods before, I'd like to get the same one you have, since it has worked for you. Are you still happy with the lights and can you direct me to the right product and vendor?

Cheers, Bill
Rambow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:37 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambow View Post
I'm going to try this on your recommendation, Carl. But I got a lot of different products and vendors when I put that string in Ebay. Having been burned by some of these Chinese made goods before, I'd like to get the same one you have, since it has worked for you. Are you still happy with the lights and can you direct me to the right product and vendor?

Cheers, Bill
Bill,

I am very satisfied. The installation was easy. I kept my old low beams bulbs in a box just in case. If my HID break, I can stop on the side of road and put the non xenon back very easily.

This Chinese products is not of high quality. The whole thing is not sealed properly. I have use silicone to seal it myself. The connectors are not sealed nor the casings. In my case since I was not sure of the result I took this cheap product. But the lights are simply fantastic. I just came back from Las Vegas to Montreal driving a lot at night. I was very happy and I kept saying my childrens and wife how much I was satisfied and impress with the result.

Since the bulbs are so cheap, I have bought an extra pair that I keep in the motorhome.

I have installed only the low beam Xenon. My OEM high beam are no more useful. I drove in National Parks and when I press the high beam button it was no better than my Xenon low beam. Only the color is different from my low beam Xenon and my OEM high beams.

In my opinion there is no need to take the high beam Xenon version because we would need to modify the system, put a fuse at the battery, have a relay, etc.

The bulbs seems to be resistant. We drove at least 5000 miles this summer visiting National Parks and they are still working and had no failure. We went on non paved road quite oftenly.

Last winter for our security I had decided to no more drive the motorhome at night. Now I drive at night and I like it and feel secure.

Some people talks about LED versions alternative, more expensive and probably even better because of the focus of the lights.

There is a long thread about headlights. I told people about my Xenon and some were not quite convinced. See their comments.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:44 AM   #6

Been down the HID route before....in a couple of cars....the only real positive think is that you get to choose your kelvin level....not really impressed...

I ordered LED bulbs this week..we shall see if they are any better..
Old 11-12-2015, 10:03 PM   #7

HID should be used in proper projection headlight assemblies.
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 05:32 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchero View Post
HID should be used in proper projection headlight assemblies.
I understand. But I tested for my motorhome and the result is simply perfect for me and nobody never ever signaled me on the road.
Old 11-14-2015, 05:37 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassy View Post
Been down the HID route before....in a couple of cars....the only real positive think is that you get to choose your kelvin level....not really impressed...

I ordered LED bulbs this week..we shall see if they are any better..
Each car has it own design for the lights. But for any Fleetwood motorhome having an assembly that looks the same as the one I have will get very very good results.

Here is a picture of a similar motorhome I have found on the internet:

Click on the image.

Tags
ace, fleetwood, pace arrow