Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2017, 05:11 PM   #15

Fleetwood/REV service written

They will however reimburse you for repairs/parts that are covered under warranty but again but again they do want the bad part back to reimburse you. Did it that way on the water valve that I fixed on my own...also got money back for labor to fix them wiring the 7-way plug wrong.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2017, 06:02 PM   #16

Whoever told you that Fleetwood would not send a customer parts directly is misinformed. I have received a vacuum generator direct from Fleetwood when the installed unit on my coach had issues. The circumstances when I needed the parts were unique but when the situation warranted they stepped up.
I have been to the Decatur service center several times my experience is that if you show them an issue on a coach that is under warranty they fix it, no quibbling, once made aware of a problem they fixed it.
I would not buy a new coach from any manufacturer that did not have a factory service center within a reasonable distance from where I reside.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 06:32 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
Whoever told you that Fleetwood would not send a customer parts directly is misinformed. I have received a vacuum generator direct from Fleetwood when the installed unit on my coach had issues. The circumstances when I needed the parts were unique but when the situation warranted they stepped up.
I have been to the Decatur service center several times my experience is that if you show them an issue on a coach that is under warranty they fix it, no quibbling, once made aware of a problem they fixed it.
I would not buy a new coach from any manufacturer that did not have a factory service center within a reasonable distance from where I reside.
I believe I said this was a NEW policy, I've received part's directly from them also, not any more.

I'm glad you live close to a service center, so happy for you.
old iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 07:01 AM   #18

Warranty is for one year correct?

That was a blink of an eye for me...
Old 08-13-2017, 09:48 AM   #19

As indicated I have a '13 32BH Storm. I bought it used, 4900mi, from a local fleetwood dealer. They have done very good service work on it. On a trip from NJ thru Mich. stopped at Decatur on the way back home. They fixed a couple of things, dash rattling and air infiltration thru front, that were really anoying but could sorta live with. The causes were due to faulty manufacture. I cannot say enough good stuff about the service center. Spoke with other folks who had way more serious stuff than I in Decatur and most all agreed that the service center out did themselves when it came to service and custormer satisfaction. BTW if you're coming near or through Decatur they have a free camping spots at the service center with dump stations, electric/water, lounge, etc. Not heaven but it'll beat a Walmart for a couple of nights. I would suggest doing some homework to find the best dealer with lots of MH experience and get the best deal you can. Having Decatur that close is added benefit. I have to travel 11 hours to get there and would do it in a heart beat for some major issue. BTW love my Storm and have been coast to coast with it east/west and north/south. Enjoy!!
Old 08-13-2017, 10:27 AM   #20

Thanks for the info. We love the floorplan of the storm. It's just longer than we want for our first coach. Not ruling out fleetwood just looking for a good floor plan in the 30 foot range
Ritchieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 03:20 PM   #21

Our new Storm has been in the shop at the dealer more than we have used it. FW quality leaves a lot to be desired. We still have issues that need to be resolved and with every outing a new one pops up. That said we have put over 5K miles on the chassis and the Ford motor trans combo has been great. Several things I have since learned - if you plan to tow, check to make sure the max tow weight matches your toad. I did not realize that the 32A is limited to 4Klb tow weight. Also the CHF with a front end alignment is a must! Otherwise you will be exhausted driving after an hour. And lastly, get the FloRite RV water system for the Batteries. You cannot reach or see two of the them to check the water. (FW what were you thinking?) JAll in all, ust be prepared to fix things most of the time.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:35 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchieg View Post
I'm thinking about purchasing a FW Storm 32a. We really like the floor plan but since we are new to MHs and this is our first coach we were talking to several people at a show and several told us to think about it. Their take was vet Fleetwood was great back before they went bankrupt and turned into Rev. Since then they said if you have trouble with your coach getting service can be an issue at other places besides where you buy it.
1. If you can get service at another service center you will have to pay for it upfront and then get reimbursed by Fleetwood /Rev
2. Several also voice the concern that rev is a corporation that buys companies rebuild them and then sells them all for profit.

Can any new owners shed any light on this information? Since it's our first motorhome I'm a little leery of buying a motorhome and the company gets sold off to several smaller corporations.

Thanks for your time

I just bought a 2018 Storm 36F.

Some issues encountered thus far:

Bad roof seal causing water into master bath.

Vacuflush had a kinked hose and would not work.

Stabilizer had bad seal and leaking hydraulic fluid.

Hose to ice maker in rez fridge kinked.

Screen door latch installed wrong causing way too much effort to close something basically made out of kleenex.

Left front hub cover (asthetic one) fell off on delivery to dealer, fell off again on my maiden voyage.

All issues are warrantied and my dealer has fixed all but the stabilizer as it has not arrived yet.

Sounds like a PITA but we did a lotta research/reading about Class A (new vs. used) and the quality control (regardless of manufacturer) appears to be somewhat sporadic when buying new. Used units, according to what I read have had a lot of those issues resolved already.

I am NO expert as this is my 1st Class A purchase (been towing). So more experienced owners will have a lot more wisdom than me.
This is a great place for info/guidance and some laughs. Good peeps here, use them.

Wifey wanted new. I coulda gone either way.

Our coach is beautiful and very comfortable both driving and on a site so, we hope the hiccups have all been found and addressed.
(Taking the under...[emoji6])

Good luck in your hunt.
isneyDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:28 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
I'll second third fourth or whatever the Factory Service idea, for the most part NO dealer wants to work on a RV they didn't sell, at one time the auto industry was very similar, they woke up and realized the $$$ is service.

So, those who bought either online, used or a dealer outside their area must either find a repair facility or dealer who can work on the MH and also do warranty work if it's under warranty, call Fleetwood and state your case, that's what I did.

We're heading to Decatur Columbus Day week-end, for several issues on our 15 Excursion, and then maybe if they fix all the issues, the worst a leak on the main slide-out we can use the MH without fear of water damage beyond whats there.

As for dealers dropping the Fleetwood Brand, General RV carries the product line and seems like they move a crap load of them as well MHSRV, Campers World to name a few, hardly sounds like the Biggies are dropping them.

As for Rev, I'm not sure what I've read indicates they intend to sell the RV divisions, the products lines fit the portfolio of their biz, best to do a Search and look up the Rev Group, transportation is their thing.

Seems a factory direct is going by by, Nexus which touted their direct factory buyer experience is ending that either September/October.

General RV quality, kind of sucks, you'd think these folks would be able to build these things blind folded by now, they've been producing these things for many years in Indiana, I guess it's Rocket Science????
trackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 01:21 AM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We've had our fair share of issues with our fleetwood, but all in all I don't regret the purchase. FW does stand behind their products and they have been solid with support. REV (who owns FW) is a growing company and FW is a brand they're investing in. They have service centers in OR and TX as well. We bought from General RV in FL and have had service done at some of their other locations without issue. With any class A you buy you'll have issues. Just make sure you have places nearby you can get them take care of. Or places you will be traveling by/to. Make sure you love the layout and features, do a thorough PDI, and you'll be just fine.
Swan-Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 04:18 PM   #25

MH's are houses on wheels and like any house require a lot of maintenance. A lot more than an average house. The MH lives it entire life in an earthquake, expect to have problems with any brand you buy.

Good luck on finding a MH that fits your needs.

P.S we luv our FW.
Old 09-10-2017, 04:59 PM   #26

I did have a long list of issues with my Bounder, spend a long time at the dealership we purchased it at and they consistently screwed up more then they fixed. Then realized Decatur is only 2 hrs away (took me a hour to get the dealership) and have nothing but great things to say.

On one instance I was out of warranty and had a leveling jack drop to the road when going down the highway (had leveling jack issues from day 1) & lost hazards and turn signals (10-11PM). A call to Decatur they worked with a dealership on my way to Key West where a dealership fit us in between their scheduled service work and got us back on the road.

talked with several people at the service center in Decatur, I was always amazed how many people would drive back from Florida and every year have a scheduled visit to the service center. They lived NY state, Maine etc...

My next RV will be a Fleetwood
NC25T is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood, service