Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2015, 10:19 AM   #1
HGC

Fleetwood Review

We currently own a Tiffin 36LA and are unhappy with the lack of QC and other things.
My question is ; How do you like the Fleetwood equivalent of the 11/2 bath Tiffin. Most importantly, how is the quality of the construction, materials,QC and service of Fleetwood? We are considering a change because of disappointment in our current unit. Would love to have some feedback.
We have walked through some new Fleetwoods and found none of the problems we have had with our 36LA.
Would love to hear from anyone on this. Thanks!
HGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2015, 10:43 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
You'll find lots of similar questions and discussions on Fleetwood quality by using the iRV2 search function at the top of the page. Here are but two examples:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/ques...ty-223879.html

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/flee...ty-184266.html

You'll find that Fleetwood customer service is excellent. There will be issues in any motor home - they're complex critters.

Hope that helps - others will chime in...
pagosajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 12:11 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We have an 86 Southwind and I am very impressed with the quality of the MH. We washed the original curtains figuring they would fall apart, but they held up beautifully and looked great after the washing so we do not need to replace them. The only problem with our MH is the split bathroom, the stool room is so small that you have to come out to change your mind. LOL But otherwise it is everything we wanted and will be keeping her for a long time.
Grandpere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 12:29 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Are you shopping for a gasser or a diesel? We have been very happy with our Bounder, which is now 3 years old and no significant problems. We walked through the new Bounders at the Houston RV Show last weekend and would buy another one in a heartbeat.

That said, we all realize that any RV model of any manufacturer can be a lemon and a nightmare; it seems like the luck of the draw.
Old 02-14-2015, 01:48 PM   #5

I think it just depends. We bought a brand new Fleetwood Expedition in 2013 and it has been a long expensive road getting all the poorly installed components fixed. What I think is unfortunate is that there is absolutlely no recourse. Water heater, generator, engine, tires, window, and a few other things. It seems that FW doesn't care. I am surprised that there isn't a class action suit somewhere because there are so many of us that have been taken in. If it wouldn't ruin our credit we would walk away. So, before you sign on the dotted line go over even a new rig with a fine toothed comb. Once you buy it it is your problem. I was foolish to think that if we bought a brand new moho it would be all fixed. Some get lucky, we didn't.

2013 FleetWood Expedition 38B
dvmweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 03:02 PM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jdoc
And Fleetwood in all of their wisdom decided to keep the Expedition instead of the most popular selling Bounder Diesel. Go figure.
We have a 2005 Bounder Diesel 38N that we bought new. I can count on one hand the problems we have had with it.

Jerry
Old 02-14-2015, 03:08 PM   #7

The OP is looking for a bath and a half. I don't think any experiences with a 28 year old FW product is relevant. But your older model is probably better built than many of today! The Bounder/Expedition models from the mid 2000's are actually well built for an entry model. After reading many of the posts in this forum I don't think the same can be said for today's FW products.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 03:23 PM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I don't remember which Bounder model it is but, one them has a 1 1/2 bath.

Jerry
Old 02-14-2015, 03:40 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
We have 08 Providence 40E, we got it last May and love the bath & half. Only issue is the electric jacks and after replacing two sheer pins and brake motor (for jacks) and loosing a magnet on one of jacks. Fleetwood was very helpful with parts and clearing the error codes.
BRONCO2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 03:52 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoc View Post
And Fleetwood in all of their wisdom decided to keep the Expedition instead of the most popular selling Bounder Diesel. Go figure.
We have a 2005 Bounder Diesel 38N that we bought new. I can count on one hand the problems we have had with it.

Jerry
I don't know what difference the nameplate makes; the Expedition is basically a rebadged diesel Bounder. (And there was a Bounder Classic diesel in 2013 but it didn't catch on.)
Old 02-14-2015, 04:04 PM   #11

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sarah, the "new" Bounder Diesel wasn't a pusher but a puller. They have since discontinued building the FRED
Actually the quality of the Bounder is way above the Expedition.

Jerry
Old 02-14-2015, 05:24 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoc View Post
Sarah, the "new" Bounder Diesel wasn't a pusher but a puller. They have since discontinued building the FRED
Actually the quality of the Bounder is way above the Expedition.

Jerry
Good point, Jerry. I totally forgot that the latest diesel Bounder was a FRED. We walked through new Bounders and Expeditions at the Houston RV show and found them to be very similar in build quality, but then we didn't spend a lot of time looking closely. I was really taken with the new Bounder model with the opposing slides in the living area...wow, what an expanse!
Old 02-15-2015, 08:50 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood factory service in Decatur is excellent. Phone support is pretty good too. We've been to

As far as build quality, I think they are in the same league as Tiffin and other major brands. They get many of them mostly right and a very few near perfect, but they also produce some lemons and occasionally make design mistakes with an individual model or floor plan.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:36 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
We have a 2014 Bounder 35K, which is a similar floor plan to the Tiffin 36LA. We have had a handful of warranty items that have been fixed. Our RV has never stayed overnight at the dealership for warranty work. We've been living in it for over 14 months. The warranty item that has driven us most nuts was a leaking ice maker in the fridge. That isn't even a Fleetwood issue, but Dometic. I know that we all read about so many people having problems with new units from any manufacturer. It just seems that buying a RV is a game of chance, whether new or used. I've read where some people have had a terrible time with their new Fleetwood unit. We haven't, and we'd buy another Fleetwood product. I'm sorry that you are having problems with your Tiffin, I've read many good things about them. We are happy with the quality and we've been happy with Fleetwood, but we haven't had to rely on them for much.
thanks8990 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood