Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2009, 02:57 PM   #1

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Revolution LE possible purchase

We are very close to sealing a purchase on a new 2007 Revolution LE 42N motor home and would really appreciate the benefit of some information from some with knowledge of this unit or similar type or model. This is by far the most technically advanced RV we have ever had and, for us, just a little intimidating as far as our ability to make an informed decision. Within the past year we have gone from a FW to this DP and it is a very big leap up for us

We have learned that Fleetwood is reported to be honoring warranty work generated after the Chapter 11 filing but will still carry a GS Club service plan we have bought for our previous unit. Price is not an issue. The Revolution is in new, pristine condition with just a few delivery miles. The dealer will change the oil and filter per our request. Any input and or suggestions and heads up will be appreciated.

Thanks...Jack&Rita
widowson1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2009, 05:31 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am jealous...is this one with the 2 bathrooms? If so my friend has one. Had some issues with intrument panels but eventually taken care of under warranty.
Only suggestion is to make sure the dealer that your working with is honoring warranty work for fleetwood and what there policys are for doing warranty work. Being a new coach...there will always be little bugs to work out.

good luck
emeryts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:30 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I assume your getting a good deal because with it being a 2007, they've probably had it on their lot since mid to late 2006. Which means it's 3 years old already.

I would do a really good detailed inspection, especially with the awnings, seals and the like. Check for rust underneath and make sure it's not too bad.

Sitting on a dealers lot for two, three or more years can be really hard on a motorhome. Likewise on a diesel there's a lot more then just oil and a single filter. You have fuel and water/fuel filters. Also check the tires for weather cracking, both on the inside and outside sidewalls.

I saw a brand new 2007 Newmar at a dealer in Texas recently and the price was pretty impressive. Just walking around it and looking closely as mentioned above they'd have to give it to me free before I'd consider it. The rust underneath and on the inside of the slideouts was unbelievable. I climbed up the rear ladder and looked at the awnings and every one of them was cracking.

So just be careful.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:52 PM   #4

I purchased our 2007 revolution new in July of 2008 it was just as good as the 2008 or now the 2009 and saved a ton so if you can buy a rev. for less than a price of a discovery sounds good to me. The drive will tell it all it doesn't feel like a horse and buggy.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:07 AM   #5

Florida Cooters Club
Many thanks to all of you. Bob, we went back to the dealership yesterday afternoon and did a very detailed look at this MH, both interior and under the carriage as you mentioned. Looks very good. They, the dealership are changing all the filters, including AC filters, along with the oil change I mentioned previously. This unit has been an inside the showroom resident since before we purchased our FW sometime ago. We have been drooling over it for the better part of 18mos now, and yes the out the door price is one we just could not pass on. After the exam yesterday we decided that we would go with this Revolution.

Again thanks so much for all your input. It is sincerely appreciated.

Best...Jack&Rita

ps: the price of diesel in Lake Park, Ga is now several cents less than regular gas
Old 05-14-2009, 03:42 PM   #6

We bought our 40E Revolution LE which is the bath and a half in 2006 from Suncoast in Lake Park and when we had our quarterly rallies last year we would always look at that 42N sitting in Sun Coast's showroom and it is NICE. I am sure you will be pleased and it drives like a dream. I was going to say if you have any doubts about it, do not drive it or you will be hooked. As someone else mentioned you will have a few bugs to discover and work out. We stayed in their campground for a week just to use it and find any problems. Sun Coast encourages their customers to stay in their campground and use all the systems. I found a couple minor issues and the technician came to our camping site and fixed them. We have had our for three years now and would buy another one, love the Spartan LE chassis. Enjoy your new motorhome it is a classy machine, fun to drive and easy to live in.
buck62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 06:08 AM   #7

Florida Cooters Club
Delivery done and Buck you were right about not driving this, it handles like nothing we have had before. I am impressed with the Cat C9 and the 6speed Allison trans. Sixty-five mph headed south on I-75 and 1500 rpms on the tach, it is loafing along. The stability of the Liberty chassis with the tag axle was indeed impressive. So far no issues that have come to our attention, but we live only a few miles from Lake Park so hopefully that will not be a problem.

We have a non RV trip planned this coming week so our "maiden voyage" will have to wait for a couple of weeks.

Again, thanks so much for the advice and input..Jack&Rita
Old 05-17-2009, 07:42 AM   #8

congratulations on your new home, you are gonna love it. I will miss seeing it in the show room and I am sure the dealer is happy to find it a new home.
buck62 is offline   Reply With Quote