Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2010, 07:34 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Fleetwood Screen Door Latch.

I need a new (or good used) screen door latch like this. I've searched "Sullivans" and other RV supply outlets. All they have are home style or trailers or unrelated screen door latches. Has anyone ever had to replace one? Roland

Click image for larger version

Name:	RV Screen Door Latch.jpg
Views:	7214
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	3519
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2010, 07:38 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
We got a replacement one at our dealer when our latch knobby-thingy snapped off.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripper View Post
I need a new (or good used) screen door latch like this. I've searched "Sullivans" and other RV supply outlets. All they have are home style or trailers or unrelated screen door latches. Has anyone ever had to replace one? Roland

Attachment 3519
I have the latch in my stock if you still are looking for one e-mail me at rmv096@sbcglobal.net
096velasr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:08 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gripper,
Sullivans has that latch, now made by atwood, exact same latch. I just got one for under $40. Try their e-bay listing or call them.

Richard
Old 03-24-2010, 07:56 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks Avalondanes, but I have ordered one from "096velasar", the response, just above yours. It's interesting that I searched Sullivan's catalogue and couldn't find one. If all goes well, I should have a new latch, by the end of the week or early next week.

Roland
Old 03-26-2010, 07:31 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Call fleetwood parts the next time you need something, believe it or not their prices are good and you get it quick.
Lakeman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:27 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Better call Sullivans before you order from the catalog! its price is $113.51

Sullivan RV Online Parts Store : Product Detail

rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:44 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
You might want to also look at this site:
.ebay.com/RVGods-Parts-Store_. It looked
like yours. $49.99+shpg.
Safe Travels
skipwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipwil View Post
You might want to also look at this site:
.ebay.com/RVGods-Parts-Store_. It looked
like yours. $49.99+shpg.
Safe Travels
This is Sullivans RV web store for common Fleetwood parts. They sell the Excel screen door latch for $49.99 plus shipping through their parts department. I just ordered the light bulb replacement for my lighted entry assist handle after I saw a lighted handle on their web site but, called Sullivan's and found that all I needed was a new bulb. Great service and they know Fleetwood products.
buck62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:23 AM   #10
MT

I need help too. Sullivan doesn't list an FW/354852. I will try Fleetwood direct also.

My bigger delema is this will be the third time a repair shop has broken it. I now see lots of old screw holes in the door where they keep up sizing screws to try and get it to hold. They keep stripping. Anything I can fill the door holes with that can hold a screw? Any other recommendations?

2005 Pace Arrow 37A W22
Old 09-05-2010, 05:18 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
MT what you need to do first is find another repair shop, then call Fleetwood for the part.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:23 PM   #12
MT

It has been 3 different dealer/repair shops that broke it. They keep grabbing the screen door instead of handle. Then drill new holes when they put on new latch.

The last one was when I was getting the caliper break repair (300 mils from home), and they are workhorse not fleetwood, so said, "send us the bill." This was the least of the problems they caused (did a trainny oil change and we broke down 3 blocks from dealer, installed filter wrong...and this is only one issue) so yes, I'm trying to repair it properly myself. I'll call fleetwood for a part, but as far as door holes, do I keep sizing up screws, go bigger and put in a molly, mount a metal plate..... there has to be a better way to fix this.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:37 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The next time I took it anywhere I would remove the latch and reinstall it when you get it back. Yes I would mount it to a backing plate, but still need to remove it if you take it somewhere. Good luck.
Old 06-05-2017, 02:00 PM   #14

Anyone have instructions for installing one of these?