Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2014, 07:09 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood storm

Hello all. We are new owners of a 2014 storm. We discovered a weak spot in the floor. At first the dealer thought the floor was deliminated and suggested that the floor be replaced . Now they are telling us it is a joint and nothing to worry about. Has anyone else had this issue and how did you handle it?
Thanks
Phil14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2014, 08:42 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Hello and welcome to iRV2! I have not heard of this issue, but if it were me I'd be inclined to get a second opinion on the floor. Where is the weak spot located?

Have you contacted Fleetwood Customer Service to discuss the problem? Good luck to you.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:03 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Welcome to irv2. There is a channel that runs down the middle of the floor ( on my Bounder ) where the water lines come from the rear to the bathroom and kitchen. It is covered by a hatch ( plywood ) and it probably has slipped a little. I had one such spot and it never got worse.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:38 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks for the replies. We asked the dealer to look at it again and they have agreed to repair the area.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:21 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil14 View Post
Thanks for the replies. We asked the dealer to look at it again and they have agreed to repair the area.
That's great! Sometimes persistance pays off. Keep us updated on the repair.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:11 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Phil, welcome to FW Owners forum and congratulations on your new Storm. you'll have a few other new coach issues to iron out! Unfortunately it is the nature of these complicated rolling homes. Hang in their it will all work out. Like Sarah points out, persistence pays off.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:27 PM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Welcome here... Sorry that its starting right out of the gate, thats too bad. Personally I would also get a 2nd opinion. It can't hurt. Then if/when you do have problems you will have the proof that you will need. As Allways just my Opinion
Good Luck and again Welcome,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:47 AM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
I had a pronounced squeak in the floor across from the steps. Took the coach to Fleetwood in Decatur for warranty service. They reinforced the floor which solved the problem, but not sure exactly how they did it. They implied that this was a design issue that they had seen before.

BTW - I am returning to Decatur next month for additional warranty repairs - most significantly the separation of the kitchen counter from the slide wall.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiduan View Post
BTW - I am returning to Decatur next month for additional warranty repairs - most significantly the separation of the kitchen counter from the slide wall.
Hi Haiduan, I would be interested in Fleetwood's solution for this separation. We bought a 2011 Storm 32BH in October 2013 and were only able to take it out once before winter.
I noticed a 1/2 inch gap between the kitchen counter when the slide is in, but the gap is gone when the slide is out. I suspect movement in the slide wall/floor causes this.
I am planning on taking a closer look at it after I take it out of storage this month. I hope it is just a matter of tightening the mounting screws to the wall.
RndmTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:47 AM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
My appointment in Decatur is May 13. I'm actually dropping it off on the 12th and leaving it for as long as it takes (within reason). I've made a note to myself to post the results. I notice the kitchen slide was redesigned in the 2014 Storm 32BH - The sink is no longer part of the slide - only the stove. I'm betting they made the change to address our issue.
Also, Thought you might want to see the list for this, my second warranty service:
1. Kitchen slide – Lower cabinets have separated from the wall – reinforce as necessary.
2. Kitchen slide – Fix water leak – over a cup of water was collected during a heavy rainstorm with the slide out – came in at the left rear of the range hood
3. Kitchen slide – Replace vertical molding behind driver’s seat. Bottom snapped off when closing slide – not due to hitting anything.
4. Kitchen slide – Fix minor plumbing leak under the sink (second time)
5. Recalibrate jacks. Auto leveling consistently levels the front too high and the right rear too low.
6. Diagnose and fix intermittent popping/creaking sound occurring in the front chassis of the coach when jacks are extended. This just started 3 weeks ago.
7. Fix gap at top of screen door (second time)
8. Replace corroded latches on bay doors (all of them)
9. Replace rusting bay door retainers (all of them)
10. Bunk slide – adjust rubber molding at front bottom corner to close opening when slide is open.
11. Bunk slide - Fix warped molding on interior front.
12. Fix generator – will not start or even turn over – totally dead. Was last run in the fall to ensure fuel lines had Stabil in them for the winter.
13. Check jack reservoir float. I was getting constant Jack down alarms a month ago that stopped after I pulled the reservoir float and reseated it. Since then I’ve had two occasions where the alarm came on , but then stopped without doing anything. In all occasions the jacks were 100% up and the reservoir was full. It seems like the float is sticking at times.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:36 AM   #11

I also noticed the change in kitchen design in the newer models. I still think the kitchen gap is the result of slide movement which should be fixable with reinforced mounting.

That’s quite a list… The only thing that I found wrong with our unit was the fuse for the cigarette lighter. I found instructions for jack calibration with all the paperwork that came with it. The procedure is pretty straight forward. I have not needed it yet, but it looks like a easy thing to do.
RndmTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:22 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by haiduan View Post
My appointment in Decatur is May 13. I'm actually dropping it off on the 12th and leaving it for as long as it takes (within reason). I've made a note to myself to post the results. I notice the kitchen slide was redesigned in the 2014 Storm 32BH - The sink is no longer part of the slide - only the stove. I'm betting they made the change to address our issue.
Also, Thought you might want to see the list for this, my second warranty service:
1. Kitchen slide – Lower cabinets have separated from the wall – reinforce as necessary.
2. Kitchen slide – Fix water leak – over a cup of water was collected during a heavy rainstorm with the slide out – came in at the left rear of the range hood
3. Kitchen slide – Replace vertical molding behind driver’s seat. Bottom snapped off when closing slide – not due to hitting anything.
4. Kitchen slide – Fix minor plumbing leak under the sink (second time)
5. Recalibrate jacks. Auto leveling consistently levels the front too high and the right rear too low.
6. Diagnose and fix intermittent popping/creaking sound occurring in the front chassis of the coach when jacks are extended. This just started 3 weeks ago.
7. Fix gap at top of screen door (second time)
8. Replace corroded latches on bay doors (all of them)
9. Replace rusting bay door retainers (all of them)
10. Bunk slide – adjust rubber molding at front bottom corner to close opening when slide is open.
11. Bunk slide - Fix warped molding on interior front.
12. Fix generator – will not start or even turn over – totally dead. Was last run in the fall to ensure fuel lines had Stabil in them for the winter.
13. Check jack reservoir float. I was getting constant Jack down alarms a month ago that stopped after I pulled the reservoir float and reseated it. Since then I’ve had two occasions where the alarm came on , but then stopped without doing anything. In all occasions the jacks were 100% up and the reservoir was full. It seems like the float is sticking at times.
That's quite a list. Hope all goes well. We are taking ours in for repair as well. The two issues I am most concerned about are a very annoying squeaking coming from somewhere in the dash area on the drivers side. The other issue is damage to the entry steps which occurred when we were driving in a construction area. The steps deployed and hit a concrete barrier.
Has anyone had either of these issues?
Old 04-12-2014, 06:38 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
GlenB 2005 fleetwood expedition 38n great RV but I had the refer and sink to separate from the wall front passenger side slide. I took it to a place that had addressed this with other fleetwoods. It is because I had some over load in upper cabinets but key reason is not enough support to keep all the appliances fixed to the wall. Removed all appliances and built in metal and additional wood support. Added support to the sink unit also. Another problem is the roads we all ride on is awful...wonder the sides don't fall off on some roads!!! I believe I have addressed this on my unit!!!
GlenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:24 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
When they repair the floor, what do they do about the vinyl flooring? I assume they have to remove or cut it to get to the area or do they go from underneath?