Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2015, 02:31 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to andrewsilver Send a message via MSN to andrewsilver Send a message via Yahoo to andrewsilver Send a message via Skype™ to andrewsilver
Fleetwood Storm Electric TV Swing Arm Not Working

I have a 2012 Fleetwood Storm 32BH / 32H with the electric Hide-a-Loft system where the queen bed comes down from the ceiling when the TV has been swung out. This system is available on many other Fleetwood models as well.

The problem: My electric TV swing arm has suddenly stopped working - nothing happens when I push the buttons to move the swingarm. The 20 amp fuse is good. It's in the stowed position so I can drive the coach - but I do want to get it working again. I can't figure out how to move the TV out to get to the motor and wiring.

I've read many others have had issues with the swing arm system but I don't see any postings on the resolutions.

Any advice appreciated so I can troubleshoot the electric TV swing arm. Thanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2015, 10:52 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to andrewsilver Send a message via MSN to andrewsilver Send a message via Yahoo to andrewsilver Send a message via Skype™ to andrewsilver
Resolved: I unscrewed from the panel both the rocker switch that swings the TV and the bed lift key switch that is to the left. I discovered there was no power on the red line to the rocker switch.

I cut the red wire and connected the remaining red wire going to the rocker switch to the lower connection of the key switch on the bed lift which has power all the time. The swingarm now works, and the bed comes down when the TV is all the way out like before.
Old 07-04-2015, 06:39 AM   #3

Thanks for your resolution.

I have the same model in a 2013 year so its good to hear how to resolve the issue if it comes up, hasn't yet. I do have a question you might be able to help me with. There is a "light switch" to the left of "aux bypass" switch on the dash which doesn't seem to control anything. I'm guessing its for fog lights(which are not installed.) Any clue where the connection may be under the hood?
denverh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 06:55 AM   #4

Those are your "driving" lights. You have them - they only work when your high beams are on. They are built into the same lens assembly but are below the main beams. I want to rewire it so I can use them with just the parking lights on - just haven't gotten around to it...
Old 07-04-2015, 10:57 AM   #5

Thanks. I can figure out most stuff but even the dealer couldn't figure this one out. I did add a little compartment door in the floor of the electrical bay so I didn't have to pass the shore cord out the big compartment door. Took about 10 minutes and some sheet metal screws and silicone caulk. I bought one of the little hose/cord compartment doors and cut a hole in the plastic. works fine and keeps critters out and is much neater.
Old 07-04-2015, 01:09 PM   #6

that's neat. but just curious - does yours not have a hole with a small door on the bottom of the electrical bin where the cord passes through? On mine it has this so I can keep the door closed.
Old 07-05-2015, 05:49 AM   #7

No, it only had the opening for the stinky slinky so I created my own. Matter of fact the stinky slinky opening is a screw cap that is a pain. The threads get gunked up so I might replace it but in the mean time it works. Just came back from a 1900 mi trip to Nashville,Asheville, and Smokey Mtns. It did well and loved the ride. Did the Smithsonian Air and Space Mus. out by Dulles in Chantilly,Va. Very happy with the unit. Went cross country right after I got it last fall, 7600 mi. and had a great time.
Old 07-05-2015, 02:06 PM   #8

very nice! I just broke 30,000 miles on mine mostly from Colorado/NM to west side of Florida. Wish I had more time to go further...

Tags
fleetwood