Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2012, 08:35 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Fleetwood Storm Motorhome

We are interested in purchasing a 2013 Fleetwood Storm 32v ft motorhome. Does anyone have any information on the pro and/or cons of this motorhome? Thank you!
PDGotro is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2012, 10:44 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Hello and welcome to the forum. I know there are lots of Storm owners on the site, so hopefully they see your thread and will chime in. Our experience with Fleetwood (Bounder) has been very positive. There are some great looking floorplans in the new Storm.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
We have a 2013 Storm 32V we bought in August. We took it to the IRV2 Rally in TN. & toad our Sante Fe. So far we really love it. We are very happy with the floorplan.
budtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:16 PM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have not looked at or have no familiarity with the new Storms, but if I were to spend 60-80k today, I would opt for a year or two older Bounder. I love the Bounder floor plan with the half bath in the back bedroom.

Now, my Storm is the perfect size MH for me, perfect floor plan too. Even though its 10 years old, its very similar in most respects. The only issues I have on mine are I don't like the booth style dinette sticking out into the walkway space when traveling. The booth dinettes gobble up so much space in the coach when the slide is in (traveling) and the Storms don't have a large slide to begin with. Definitely if you are planning on getting one, look into replacing the dinette with a table and chairs. If you are worried about sleeping space lost from the booth dinette, buy a raised air mattress and move the table/chairs forward at night for sleep. That's what I'm going to do, beginning this weekend, is remove that booth dinette.

I've attached the floor plan in my Storm (31-A) for your use....Hope it helps!

Other than that, good luck and keep us posted! Post pictures and btw....

Attached Files
File Type: doc fleetwood 31A.doc (262.5 KB, 88 views)
File Type: pdf 2003 fleetwood storm.pdf (866.5 KB, 81 views)
Old 10-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #5

Storm

Hello, We bought a used 2011 Storm V10 in June and we love it...It has been pretty durable so far...It was a rental from General RV in our area so it was well maintained...
jgm8806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:58 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
We've looked at the storm at shows and it's a nice coach for the price.
JOMARFL (FMCA 401058) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOMARFL (FMCA 401058) View Post
We've looked at the storm at shows and it's a nice coach for the price.

JOMARFL,

I was looking at the Storm 32V and a Sothwind 32VS. Could you expand on what you mean when you said "for the price"? Were the materials used not quite what you would see in a higher priced coach like one would expect or were there other things that bothered you?

Has anyone driven a Storm and compared it to say a Southwind or Bounder? Was there a difference in ride? road noise? Squeaks and rattles?

I was burned on build quality with my current RV. Everything works mind you but not as well I would have expected it to and I have serious doubts about how well it will hold together over the long haul... I'm placing a higher value on the intangibles that you can't see without actually using the coach this go round and I just can't get those insights from a dealer. Any chance I could get some of them from you folks?

The Storm looks like a winner on paper and on walk through but so did my current RV before I got out there and used it...
HappyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:24 PM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGuy View Post
JOMARFL,

I was looking at the Storm 32V and a Sothwind 32VS. Could you expand on what you mean when you said "for the price"? Were the materials used not quite what you would see in a higher priced coach like one would expect or were there other things that bothered you?

Has anyone driven a Storm and compared it to say a Southwind or Bounder? Was there a difference in ride? road noise? Squeaks and rattles?

I was burned on build quality with my current RV. Everything works mind you but not as well I would have expected it to and I have serious doubts about how well it will hold together over the long haul... I'm placing a higher value on the intangibles that you can't see without actually using the coach this go round and I just can't get those insights from a dealer. Any chance I could get some of them from you folks?

The Storm looks like a winner on paper and on walk through but so did my current RV before I got out there and used it...
The Storm, Bounder and Southwind (gas) versions are all on the same chassis, however; the Bounder and Southwind are heavier motorhomes and should ride a little better.....I think.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2 View Post
The Storm, Bounder and Southwind (gas) versions are all on the same chassis, however; the Bounder and Southwind are heavier motorhomes and should ride a little better.....I think.
Change the end caps to change the name. My 2005 Southwind was going to be a Bounder but the order apperently got changed on the assembly floor for some reason.

How do I know? Inspecting in the basement area I found "Bounder #XXXXXX" on several items like holding tanks, etc. and an assembly sheet someone left behind. Called a rep. and was told it 'was' going to be a Bounder. Apperently Bounder, Storm and Southwind come down the same assembly line and get the same parts. I haven't seen it but thats what I'm told.
SKP #111927
SteveCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:01 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCal View Post
Change the end caps to change the name. My 2005 Southwind was going to be a Bounder but the order apperently got changed on the assembly floor for some reason.

How do I know? Inspecting in the basement area I found "Bounder #XXXXXX" on several items like holding tanks, etc. and an assembly sheet someone left behind. Called a rep. and was told it 'was' going to be a Bounder. Apperently Bounder, Storm and Southwind come down the same assembly line and get the same parts. I haven't seen it but thats what I'm told.
Good to know that their assembly process is standardized and that the build differences are likely all material / option related. Thanks!
HappyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:34 AM   #11

I would say that, as with anything else in this world, you get what you pay for. We recently traded up from an Encounter ( now called the Storm since Coachmen reclaimed their name) to a Bounder 33C . Quite an amazing improvement. The ride is much better. The handling is better ( the chassis now has a front track rod) . The windows and cabinets do not rattle and squeak. The general feel of quality is much higher. But then it did cost a lot more.

PS I believe the Storm is made in a cross town plant and only comes across to the Bounder plant for painting. That was the case a couple of years back when we took the tour.
MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood, motorhome