Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2019, 05:13 AM   #29
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaearhart View Post
I'm not to savvy with posting pics here.

Check reply #7 in the link below, the thread also offers other helpful information for navigating the forums

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/forum...ics-49134.html
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2019, 11:52 PM   #30
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
About the caulking...

I just replaced my galley window do to being hit by neighbor and the production drawing that Fleetwood sent says "Apply one coat of sealant-Anti-wick (1STP)/HNKL X-5474 To All window cutouts." Then show in the drawing where to apply.

There was NO sign of sealant around the window cutout. Nor was there any caulking above the window. And their is nothing in the drawing saying to caulk around the top.

Sounds like FW was just denying something that should have been covered due to their negligence.

Old 04-21-2019, 08:44 AM   #31

Just had the dealership re-caulk around all of the flush mounted windows. Thanks for posting this detail.
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:53 PM   #32

Pictures of without/with caulking and where to apply on the windows?

These are the rounded corner flush windows that open at the bottom, correct?
Bigfoot_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 06:02 AM   #33

I am the owner of a 2018 Pace Arrow. During a heavy rain storm last week my passenger window started to leak . It filled the bottom of the window casing. It looked like the leak is above the window because I see rain water dripping from the roll shade. Has anyone else had the same problem.
olkowski1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:43 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot_ View Post
Pictures of without/with caulking and where to apply on the windows?

These are the rounded corner flush windows that open at the bottom, correct?
Correct, see post #3 of this thread where I pasted the text of the HEHR installation/service manual
Old 05-15-2019, 04:14 AM   #35

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have the 2018 Pace Arrow also, during my walk thru I saw the bath window not closing, they replaced the whole window frame and all. Like the factory no caulking above the windows is present. I recently went thru extreme heavy rain storms for 4 days and no issues . However I did get rain in two compartments below. I drilled holes to drain them . one was the peg board and other was the fuse and solenoid wheel well , both on passenger side.
jaearhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:17 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
About the caulking...

I just replaced my galley window do to being hit by neighbor and the production drawing that Fleetwood sent says "Apply one coat of sealant-Anti-wick (1STP)/HNKL X-5474 To All window cutouts." Then show in the drawing where to apply.

There was NO sign of sealant around the window cutout. Nor was there any caulking above the window. And their is nothing in the drawing saying to caulk around the top.

Sounds like FW was just denying something that should have been covered due to their negligence.

I agree. I just had REV factory center check our flush mount windows during our warranty wrap up visit and they said "there isn't supposed to be visible caulking - that's the point! - but there is a sealing insert put in there when they are installed. If it is installed correctly, it seals. Yours look fine."
Bigfoot_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 05:44 PM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm scheduled for the passengers side window replacement next week. That's the third window to be replaced under the first years warranty on my 2018 Pace Arrow LXE 38B. No interior damage because I caught it and temp tapped it closed. after warranty expires I'll carry sealant. I got a feeling it will happen again..
jaearhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 08:23 PM   #38

National RV Owners Club
I just purchased a used (42,000 miles) 94 jamboree 29V with a rear queen. All three windows in the rear of the coach as well as the tail lights have no caulking on them and show signs of swelling and bulging below the windows and siding. When I pulled the tail lights the wood above the lights was intact and perfectly dry, but everything below them as wet and moldy. . I have sprayed with bleach and algeacide. but replacing is too much. The only reason it has lasted as long as it has, is it was stored indoors most of the time, I don't have facilities for that. so out in the rain it stays. I replaced the wooden framework under the tail end, but replacing all of the damaged wood is not practical.

Any suggestions
Old 11-27-2019, 09:51 PM   #39

Flush mount window issue : BEWARE

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOODYDEL View Post
My 2014 Bounder 33C ,though sold early this year, was nearly trouble free after the 2 week stay for repairs and adjustment at the Decatur repair center shortly after purchase. For five years only one window frame leaked, the small one on the living room slide. The top of the frame had never been caulked. At first I thought they were kidding about caulk being applied across the top of all the frames. It was truly invisible when casually looking at the coach.

When the newer coaches came out with the new leak proof windows I was skeptical that they were an improvement. Being able to leave your windows open in the rain did not compensate for the decreased ventilation plus having to look through the glass always. The lousy method used to make insulated glass for these new type windows never seemed structurally sound.

My new coach, Phoenix Cruiser 2552, gave me the option of the "old fashioned" sliders rather than frameless. We took the slider route. When I asked about the caulking requirement of the frame at the factory, they had a puzzled look on their faces. Caulking? All of the exterior window frames have expandable rubber gaskets to seal against the coach walls. If the wall thickness expands or contracts the seal is maintained and no caulking is required.

They use the same frames as Fleetwood used on my Bounder.

By the way, silicone caulking is Never used by Fleetwood, at least not when I did the factory tour. Silicone is expressly forbidden in the factory. The caulking used is made by Loctite. You can find it in Home Depot under the name OSD it used to be called Invisible but now called Transparent. It is polyurethane based.

Just glad I paid attention to my gut feelings about what I considered for years an inferior product and selected the sliders.

Something must have drastically changed at Fleetwood to deny responsibility for obvious mistakes.

The new owner lives full time in my Bounder as a travelling nurse. For a coach purchased in early 2013 to still be relatively trouble free, according to the new owner, because Fleetwood stepped up to the plate taking full responsibility for mistakes seems to say they have lost their way.

Sad.

Looked for Loctite OSD caulking. Doesn’t seem to exist. What am I missing?
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 11:47 PM   #40

I bought a 2015 Storm about a year ago. Recently had some decent rain (at least for San Diego) and noticed a slight bulge under the window. I assumed the seal leaked, so I calked around the window. Looking at the frame around the window, I should have sealed it sooner. All windows will be calked tomorrow after reading this post. Hopefully, I avoided too much damage to the rig.
Halestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 05:32 PM   #41

I have a 2008 Discovery 40X. Notice that i was getting white pimples around the windows from the sealant. Could not stop it from bleeding out. I have a black coach, so it looked ugly. Called FLEET WOOD and was informed that it was not their problem. Sealant was installed at the factory.

Removed the window ( not that bad, 2 people is of great assistance) and used black butyle tape to seal the windows to the coach. Use plastic tools to clean the coach.
basketball is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window