Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2016, 04:05 PM   #1

Fresh water drain location 2003 Flair 33r

Where is the fresh water drain on a 2003 Flair 33r? I have a bypass valve by the water pump with a hose going down and out through the bottom of the compartment. When I turn the valve nothing happens. Is this for winterizing or does the pump drain the fresh water tank?
ryano21911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2016, 08:38 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
What you are looking at should be the water heater bypass valve. This valve when closed allows water to bypass the water heater. This is useful when winterizing the coach. Close this valve, drain the water heater, and pump antifreeze, the RV water system type not the green stuff in your radiator, throughout the water pipes in the coach. That way you don't waste 10 to 15 gallons or so antifreeze in the heater.

The fresh water drain valve is located somewhere at the lowest part of the fresh water tank maybe near the water pump. It is larger, maybe an inch in diameter, and when opened will dump the tank overboard. That's the way it is on my Bounder and I expect the 2 are somewhat similar.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:05 AM   #3

I have a 2013 storm 32bh. There are actually 3 drains on mine. One, a big red handle on the water tank which drains it. Two little valves in the plumbing compartment, one on the red or hot line and one on the blue line, the cold water line. These are to drain the respective cold and hot water lines themselves. And then lastly the one on the hot water tank which screws out to drain it. As previously mentioned, there is a hot water by-pass lever. Mine is under the kitchen sink. It is so you can pump in rv antifreeze into the plumbing lines without filling up the hot water tank. After winterizing everything else I take a turkey baster and shoot some rvantifreeze into the hot water heater tank so in case condensation or other water gathers in there the hot water heater is protected. Just an ounce of prevention.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:10 AM   #4

BTW in my manual from fleetwood one way they tell you to winterize is to drain all the water lines, water tank, and hot water tank. Then close the by-pass lever for the hot water tank. Then dump 5 to 6 gallons of the pink stuff, rv antifreeze, into your fresh water tank. Turn on your pump and start from the closest faucet to the farthest from the tank till you see pink stuff come out. Do both hot and cold. Good luck.
Old 12-12-2016, 11:45 AM   #5

If you haven't found the drain valve for the fresh water, it is in the bay, just along side of the steps, to the left facing the door on the outside. It is a PVC valve, 1" in diameter, with a straight lever handle. It can be red or blue, depending on what they had on hand. When the valve is inline with the piping, it is open and will drain the fresh water tanks. We have a 2004 Flair 33R.
wildmanbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 04:34 PM   #6

We have an 04 same place.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 04:35 PM   #7

It is hidden behind a gray flap.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, fresh water, water